Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Ally - It is huge. We over 1500 kids in the entire school.

Tally - Well, valedictorian is only based on GPA. And all of the kids who are valedictorians have taken CAS classes, which is why their GPA's are sooo high.

*shrugs*

comped

Why Me Worry?
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa,

I have a terrible idea.

comped

Why Me Worry?
Registered
Reaction score
write an opera.

I don't know what on yet.

but an opera.

comped

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
And I don't mean UF. I mean a combination of epic and/or contempary fantasy. Think Harry Potter, Percy Jackson or Narnia.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
That was TAJ for me. I wanted to write about dragons, and I did. They werent as exciting to write about as I thought they would be. They just tried to kill my characters a bunch of time.

But in the third book they will become more awesome. Evy will manage to train one and ride it!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, you have 2 books "on hold", 2 screenplays "on hold" and are writing two books at once. Maybe you should just try and focus on one that you have on hold and not a new one.

I really really really really really REALLY want to start writing CWII, but I'm keeping that locked away in my brain not to see the light of day till NaNo.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, you have 2 books "on hold", 2 screenplays "on hold" and are writing two books at once. Maybe you should just try and focus on one that you have on hold and not a new one.

THIS. So much.

Ely- huh, that's kinda limited. Are you at an IB school?

Elysium

believe
Registered
Reaction score
In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvani
Tally - No.

I agree with what Ally said, lisa. I started focusing on one of the projects I had instead of working on something new and it's turning out pretty good. It's better to get one project out the way, before you think about working on a new one.

comped

Why Me Worry?
Registered
Reaction score
What ARE the 2 screenplays about? I've been here a while, and never heard of what they're about...

comped

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
ED: A musical based around an all-girl band.

SK: A holiday romance.

I was thinking that about the on hold stuff, you guys. Have done for a while, tbh.

comped

Why Me Worry?
Registered
Reaction score
For the musical- do you need a co-writer?

(I really want something to write at the moment with a partner LOL)

comped

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh well when you were talking about having an urge to write something that was an epic fantasy like HR, or Narnia, i figured you were talking about a new book.

What i do every time i get a new book idea (like the one I got yesterday) I start a new file, write a little summary, and character profiles and save it under "Book Ideas" that way i dont forget it, and get it off my mind for the time being while i finish my WIP.

If i get a SUPER horrible urge to write it, i write the scene I'm thinking about. Just get it all out of me in a few pages, save it and then the urge is out of my system and i go back to writing my WIP.

Take the other day for example. Because me and my friend have been driving around alot have long heart to heart conversations, i came up with writing a book similar to our long conversation about how we want to re-invent ourselves but alot funnier and crazier. So later today I'm going to write down a little summary (Don't really need a character profile because the characters will pretty much be based on us.... well sort of... Ok maybe not really)

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I have an Excel document of story ideas. Whenever I get one, I add it to the list. Since I know I won't forget and miss it later, it helps me get it out of my head.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
exactly!!!

I have a lot of other book ideas. Before I Die, Town of Young, the next two books for TAJ, CWII series (3-4 books), 2nd gen series(3-5books), Revolt!, The People No One Knew(the new one i came up with), and more that i cant think of.

makes me wonder when i'm going to have enough time to write them all... not to mention the 2 books i really want to write in the LotF series and cant, or the 4 other book in that series i need to write still...

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm good, I just channel my spazziness into my RPG characters. Seriously, I have a billion folders for characters: Aberrant characters, Solar Exalted, Abyssal Exalted, Dragon Blooded, Sidereal Exalted, Alchemical Exalted, Green Sun Princes, Trinity characters, superheroes for Mutants and Masterminds AND several dozen Pathfinder characters, plus a folder for Deathwatch, Eclipse Phase, Rogue Trader, Dark Heresy and Black Crusade.

...I have a lot of RPGs.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Plus, with Underdogs, I love the premise and characters. A LOT.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
exactly!!!

I have a lot of other book ideas. Before I Die, Town of Young, the next two books for TAJ, CWII series (3-4 books), 2nd gen series(3-5books), Revolt!, The People No One Knew(the new one i came up with), and more that i cant think of.

makes me wonder when i'm going to have enough time to write them all... not to mention the 2 books i really want to write in the LotF series and cant, or the 4 other book in that series i need to write still...

I accepted a long time ago that I'll never have time to write all the ideas that I have. And that's okay. Some of them aren't good enough to be written. Some of them just weren't meant to be.

But then there are others that I love to death and I really hope, someday, I have the time and inspiration to write them.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Though I have like...two Trinity characters because Trinity can DIE IN A FIRE!

Seriously, Aberrant sets up this awesome premise: An alternate reality where superheroes exist and have created radical changes in the world in a very realistic sense. But Trinity is the sequel game to it, and Trinity basically goes, "Yeah, well, all those awesome superheroes died or went insane and ruined the world. Now play as their way weaker, lamer Jedi counterparts!"

BOO!

NOVAS FOREVER! PSIONS SUCK!

(Seriously, a starting nova can put out [10]+20d10 lethal damage and what can a starting Psion do? A grand total of [2]+6d10 Lethal. LOSERS! And they can't even soak aggravated damage! And they're supposed to be the defenders of the Earth? Fuck that! )