Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Laura! I'm Tally, nice to meet you! We have a few questions we like to ask new twifties, so if you want to answer, here they are!

1) How old are you?
2) What genre(s) do you write?

Bookish_Love

Perpetually Confused
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Laura! I'm Tally, nice to meet you! We have a few questions we like to ask new twifties, so if you want to answer, here they are!

1) How old are you?
2) What genre(s) do you write?

Hi, everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome. To answer your questions:

1) I'm 17.
2) I write in nearly all sub-genres of YA. I also dabble in NA. I've written seven novels so far, and I seem to change genre with every one! Needless to say, I enjoy experimenting.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Catching up on Glee thanks to repeats being recorded. Christmas Episode now.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I lost so much interest in Glee. I don't like it at all now, hahah. The first two seasons were good, though.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Watching the Sadie Hawkins episode. I think I want to die watching those Adam's Apple people.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I liked Glee through the third season. I've never seen the season three finale. I kept telling myself I would start watching again but the more I heard about it, the less I wanted to.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Missus!

HR: Me too, but being able to watch episodes in a glut is helping me to actually watch them. The songs are still really good! :)

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
That's true! I'll admit in the beginning I would look up the songs that they did and listen to some of them (especially Blaine's), but I just haven't had time recently.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
My favourite cover to date just might have to be The Scientist. Love that one.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I honestly only watch it for Kurt and Rachel (and Santana!) in New York. I genuinely pretend the rest doesn't happen.

I was gonna quit this year, but now Demi Lovato is Santana's new love interest and they're already my new OTP so haha. goodbye to that plan.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I honestly don't know how that's going to turn out. It isn't enough to get me to start watching again, lol.

High school is madness.

free_cashews_on_me

Insanium in the cranium
Registered
Reaction score
Between a rock and a hard place. Sort of cozy here
Dammit. I'm a senior. I was an awkward little twelve year old when I joined this site.

At any rate, is it bad that this thread on Reddit gave me a beautiful, beautiful SNI? I told my IRL friend about it.

Well here's the thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/HistoricalW...if_israel_was_in_the_soviet_sphere_of/c6ljegx

Here's the short little synopsis I just came up with:

Sometime in the future, where time travel has been invented, and this timeline has been the best possible one for humanity to survive in as we've wiped ourselves out in all the others. There's some kind of event—runaway greenhouse, maybe—that is destroying the Earth. So a select group goes back to stop it.

Is that plagiarism?

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
So, I decided to start a new project. It's disturbingly exactly my life.

Blake’s air conditioner was on, for some godforsaken reason, and so she grabbed the remote, hitting five buttons before succeeding in turning it off. She pulled open her bottom drawer, pulled out eight pairs of pants before finding her Free City sweats, and stepped into them, leaving the rest of her clothes in an inelegant pile on the floor. She did up the clasp of the bra she hadn’t bothered to take off the night before, then grabbed her toiletry bag and went into the hall.

It took five full minutes for a bathroom to free up. She passed the time banging on everyone else’s doors until they woke up, throwing someone else’s half-washed laundry out of the machine and into a basket to free up space for her previous dump of clothes on the floor, and trying (and failing) to pick the lock on the supply closet. Finally, a sophomore named Preet left the biggest washroom, and Blake could brush her teeth and wash her face and pee out last night’s alcohol intake like a normal person. She went back to her room, chugged down the frappucino Cami had fetched for her—it was chocolate, her least favourite—and put on some moisturizer, before heading down to the dining hall for breakfast.

She hated everyone there except for Cami, so she didn’t linger at the Nespresso machine or the pancake stand, taking the maple syrup jug back to the table with her. She collapsed across from Cami.

“You need a shower, bro,” Cami said helpfully. Blake pretended to dump maple syrup on her head. Next to Cami was Cami’s latest boyfriend, whose name was either Julian or Luke. Blake hated him like she hated most people, so she didn’t acknowledge his presence until he spoke.

“How long d’you think it’ll be until Mona yells at you for being here in sweatpants?” he said, with a nod toward Mona Holmes, their breakfast supervisor.

“Longer than your dick,” mumbled Blake through a mouthful of pancake. It was a pretty terrible line, but it still sent Luke-or-Julian blushing scarlet.