XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. I think so much better when I have someone who pokes holes in things.

I really need to talk my wife into letting me track down my old partner and get that MUD up running again. Realtime brainstorming is cool.

UrbanAmazon

It must be Thursday.
Registered
Reaction score
There must be a better way of waking up in the morning that does not involve hearing the puppy hork up something interesting an hour before the alarm (the aftereffects of his eating of part of a pillow and some stuffing yesterday evening) and then hearing one of the cats knock a vase from the windowsill and into the sink about eight minutes before the reset alarm.

I think it might be one of THOSE days today.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
There must be a better way of waking up in the morning that does not involve hearing the puppy hork up something interesting an hour before the alarm (the aftereffects of his eating of part of a pillow and some stuffing yesterday evening) and then hearing one of the cats knock a vase from the windowsill and into the sink about eight minutes before the reset alarm.

I think it might be one of THOSE days today.

Sounds like it.

Know how I woke up this morning?

two year old(3 in July) pulls my sleeping mask way out, says "おきて*” and lets it snap back.

おきて=wake up please

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
And now, after all the talk of violence, I offer some bwa-ha-ha's, courtesy of Tim C0nway.

God I have missed them. I haven't laughed so hard in ages. My stomach hurts. I'm not sure I was successful and keeping quiet. I think my wife may be suspicious. She keeps looking at me funny.

UrbanAmazon

It must be Thursday.
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like it.

Know how I woke up this morning?

two year old(3 in July) pulls my sleeping mask way out, says "おきて*” and lets it snap back.

おきて=wake up please

You have my sympathies. That sounds like the kind of thing that would be precocious and cute if it wasn't your face and your blissful unconsciousness in the equation. Then again, I think I'd like to hear a charming little 'okite' instead of 'hhk-hhk-hhk-hhgwarrrrlf' when I wake up. I'll take a thwap in the face over a congealing sensation of dread at having to start the day with paper towels and carpet cleaner.

And I forgot - I also flipped back a nail dragging the pup away from chasing the second cat through the hork pile. Ow.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
You have my sympathies. That sounds like the kind of thing that would be precocious and cute if it wasn't your face and your blissful unconsciousness in the equation. Then again, I think I'd like to hear a charming little 'okite' instead of 'hhk-hhk-hhk-hhgwarrrrlf' when I wake up. I'll take a thwap in the face over a congealing sensation of dread at having to start the day with paper towels and carpet cleaner.

And I forgot - I also flipped back a nail dragging the pup away from chasing the second cat through the hork pile. Ow.

Dude. You need to go back to bed and start over. Take a mulligan or something. This isn't the pros

I'll take my wake up anytime. Blood, shit, guts, body parts. No problem. Not fun, but I can deal.

You hork. I hork. simple equation.

Any sign of it and I go off. I do the diaper stuff around here for the most part. but baby barf? uh uh, no way. My body just will not let me even contemplate it. Thinking about it sets me off half the time.

That's why I ran screaming from the cabaret.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody on the eastern seaboard, stay off the roads in West Virginia! My younger daughter just got her driver's license!

Whoo hoo, Sarah!!!!!!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
There's a condo a few blocks from here where the balconies on one side overlook the crematorium chimney.

I bet they have people over all the time. Especially when it's windy.

You mean that you didn't know who they were?

I didn't either. UK thing?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I bet they have people over all the time. Especially when it's windy.

:roll: You're terrible.

I think Mills and Boon exist in America. They are mentioned in the Jim Butcher Dresden books. Mind you, his wife is a romance writer, perhaps he just knows the publishers. I hope he likes pink.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*crosses off alll the virginias and maryland from the visiting list this year* is Delmarva safe??

Re puppies: two words: crate training.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
...the puppy hork up something interesting ... then hearing one of the cats knock a vase from the windowsill...

This almost sounds like the way I tend to wake up.

Only its a cat horking (or piddling) on me, while another thinks my feet are mice under the covers...

:e2coffee:

Those mornings always require something like this.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:e2coffee:

Those mornings always require something like this.

May I recommend this instead?

funny-coffee-poster.jpg

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
*crosses off alll the virginias and maryland from the visiting list this year* is Delmarva safe??

Um, Delmarva deals with Maryland and Virginia, Fen...

Besides, Southern Maryland is perfectly safe from WVA. They don't even know where we are...

Though last I heard, Delaware has its own problems. *coughpurduecough*

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, but lower Delmarva is isolated and no one visits Delaware unless they like sitting in traffic to visit an overcrowded and bland beach. So I figured I would check if Delmarva was safe.

Also, I know a seccccrrrreeeettt. :Jump:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

I haz a tired because I actually had to get up and be productive this morning and go to the doctor. *cough3moreweekscough* no one's counting right?

I can't wait until nap time. I have cookies that are calling me. :)

Random Question: Have you ever had someone "highly" recommend a book to you but you ended up pretty disappointed by it once you read it?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Afternoon, folks. 'neeking in while at work....

I knew whole Mills and Boon were. But I'm kinda plugged in on the Romance end of things. *cough*

Dark secrets and all that.

Anybody on the eastern seaboard, stay off the roads in West Virginia! My younger daughter just got her driver's license!

Whoo hoo, Sarah!!!!!!

Huzzah!!

She's not coming up to Pittsburgh any time soon, right? :gone:

Also, I want to frequent whatever shop employs this barista:

coffee-art-1.jpg

:heart:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning! How goes it?

I'm actually surprised everyone doesn't know what Mills and Boon is, but that's probably because I'm also more plugged in to romance, like Amergina said. Most people over here would know them as Harlequin. They sell *a lot* of books. :)

That Elephant story outtake was hilarious. :ROFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.