A Life of Crime and Chocolate

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My beautiful boy Blake is celebrating his 6th birthday today. Once upon a time I I didnt think he would make it this far. Yet, here he is, loving every minute of it.
Thank you all for all your love and well wishes to my little Aussie battler.

Belated Birthday Wishes, Blake. Hope you all had a good day, French:partyguy:

Welcome back. My writing is going well, Muse, 10 pages in two days.

:hooray: You're back! :hooray: I'm so glad it was wonderful. :)

Hi muse, :hi:

Welcome back! I'm glad your holiday was fun. :D

Thanks everyone. And way to go, Mr Mitchell, 10 pages is a fab wordcount.:Clap:

Does anyone here use Scrivener? Like the Windows version?

Oh no, I already have it and use. But for PC. I was trying to figure out how to change the background color of the page/screen you write on. Thankfully, someone over in the SF/F board was able to help me.

It was like Tools ---> Options ----> Appearance ---> Editor -----> Page I think that's what they said. Or at least something close to that.

:D

Glad you found the answer, Silver. I use Scrivener on Windows and find there's usually someone here who can help. If that fails there's always the Lit & Latte forum.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
At present I am teaching Food Technology. Today I went through some work with the pupils - I am not allowed to mark it as it is for an exam. One pupil handed me their folder and as I read his work I got the giggles. The pupil looked at me and I pointed to a particular place in the work. Pupil got the giggles and went away to re-write the piece, which as far as I can recall read:

"I am going to make individual poisons of all my products. Individual poisons will take less time than family ones and will also fit my design brief."

Now, wouldn't that make a good start to a murder mystery?

Brilliant!

p.s. happy birthday blake!

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for Blake's birthday wishes. He had a fantastic day with lots of shopping (because he takes after his Mummy and loves a bit of retail therapy) he got his 1st hair cut since finishing treatment last June and had a small celebration at home with his brother, my mother and myself.
His birthday party is on the weekend at an arcade called Timezone. He is having a Starwars themes party with a Darth Vader cake.

Zelenka, I'm sure you'll love it down here. It's starting to cool down now and we're having some really lovely days on the lead into Autumn. The temp is between the high twenties to mid thirties. Still a little warm, but considering we've just had the hottest summer on record it's a nice relief.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"I am going to make individual poisons of all my products. Individual poisons will take less time than family ones and will also fit my design brief."

Now, wouldn't that make a good start to a murder mystery?

Portia, the Potion Mistress strikes again? The Return Of The Borgias? Is that you, Lucretia? :ROFL:

FM, belated best wishes for Blake's birthday. I hope his party is a riot! :)

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Portia, the Potion Mistress strikes again? The Return Of The Borgias? Is that you, Lucretia? :ROFL:

FM, belated best wishes for Blake's birthday. I hope his party is a riot! :)

LOL! Good working titles!

FM - what Gail said. Sorry I am also late.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Today was pretty good. I didn't do any writing today yet. But I might still have some time to get some in. I don't think I'm going to break it up into chapters though. I think I'm just going to try writing a bunch of scenes. Then I'll break it up once I'm done with it. Or rather around the second draft(or even third draft) of it.

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
Thing #4 celebrated her birthday on Saturday. For future reference, if you feed red velvet cake to a baby, she might look like she's wearing raw hamburger.

Zelenka, I hope it all becomes strange good. There are times I look at my life and think how different it is from what I thought it would be. I have a good friend who works freelance in filmmaking. We envy each other a bit, I think. Her nomadic life to my large brood and settled household.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, fess up, who has stolen all the hours in the day? I'm sure there used to be a lot more?:(

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
Weren't me... honest it weren't.

*backs slowly out hoping no one notices the ticking hours in bag . . .*

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
OMG I hate day light savings. Here in Western Australia we dont need it becuase we get so much sunshine. The government have done trials of it for 3 years stints and all it does is screw us all around.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
AMEN.

Some of us work on Sunday mornings. This is hard!

Of course I've been up for a while anyway. My arm (the horse bite) is starting to give me trouble. If a wound turns green, that's bad, right? :(

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
GREEN? Green is so not the colour a wound should be - get thee to a doctor! Go on! Don't stand there reading this . . . shoooo!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
So as it turns out it was green because of something about white blood cells and the healing process and all is well. Er, as well as it can be with a horrible horse bite. Who knew?! But he said the bruise (currently down past my elbow) will reach all the way to my hands, causing pain. No fun!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
So as it turns out it was green because of something about white blood cells and the healing process and all is well. Er, as well as it can be with a horrible horse bite. Who knew?! But he said the bruise (currently down past my elbow) will reach all the way to my hands, causing pain. No fun!

This sounds like NO FUN AT ALL.

I'm glad you got the green checked out, though, and that things are moving in the right direction.

I hope you bit that horse right back.

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
HJ, I am relieved to hear that all is well. Except for the bruising - ouch! Do you have anything to rub into your hands to help ease the pain? My hands hurt all the time and the doc gives me a pain relief stuff for when they are really bad. It works.

Lizmonster biting the horse is so not a good idea - the hairs get stuck in between your teeth and you never know what the horse may have been rolling in.

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
I've never been bit by a horse, but I imagine that it hurts a lot. I used to work on a farm when I was a kid and one day, we had put a cow in a stanchion and I was tying its legs down to clip its hooves, it kicked me right in the chest. It knocked me back onto the ground and I had a hoof shaped bruise right on my sternum for about a week.