A Life of Crime and Chocolate

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I had one too Mr. Mitchell.
My family do a family meal on the last Sunday of every month, which was today.
It was nice seeing everyone, especially because we dont know when we'll get to the next one. I wont be going when Blake's immunity is low.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, family and AW gatherings. Wonderful! :heart: Glad everyone had a good time!

I had a day off yesterday, still fighting the head cold. By last night I was much better. By today--look out, world!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I was meant to be going on a family outing yesterday to Aberdeen, but I called off sick and stayed at home with my kitties, the only family whom I actually like. ;)

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
Silver, good luck with finals!

Hope everyone enjoyed their family time. My oldest is ten today. She had five friends stay the night. These are the lessons I've learned.

1. Ten-year-old girls think it's crazy fun to go 24 hours without sleep.
2. The closest living relative to the ten-year-old girl is the wolverine.
3. To a ten-year-old girl, the 70s are the "olden days."
4. Ten-year-old girls belch more than grown men.

I'm sure I will learn lots more before everyone is picked up in an hour or so. Funny how I've only learned these things when surrounded by a pack of them.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Afternoon all, hope everyone is having a nice weekend. So far today I had a lie-in, played some video games, and made chilli for tonight's dinner. Now about to do some writing.

I seriously hate Mondays. :D

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Nice to read of everyone having such lovely family gatherings! And Zelenka...there are more times than I care to count when a day with my kitties has been the only thing I really wanted. I'm glad you got to enjoy your day.

Hope everyone enjoyed their family time. My oldest is ten today. She had five friends stay the night. These are the lessons I've learned.

1. Ten-year-old girls think it's crazy fun to go 24 hours without sleep.
2. The closest living relative to the ten-year-old girl is the wolverine.
3. To a ten-year-old girl, the 70s are the "olden days."
4. Ten-year-old girls belch more than grown men.

:roll: Mine is 8 - not quite yet at wolverine stage, but she's getting pretty good with the belching. She seems to treat it as an important skill to perfect - they apparently practice with each other at school. My grandmother would be horrified. :D

Silver, I always hated exams, even when I knew I was going to do well on them. I'm sure you'll do fine, and then they will be DONE.

Today I discovered that I share my name with someone's SF character. Which for some reason tickles me to no end.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
It has been a nice Sunday. Other than a quick trip to the supermarket for supplies, it's been a day of watching TV and even getting a few words down on a project!

Kitties have been watching TV as well and have actually been very quiet today. Usually they fight over the turquoise cushion at the end of the sofa but TV brought them together!

My babies: (Hopefully this won't be too big)
BI9EtiqCYAAWdg5.jpg

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Beautiful, Zelenka! I'd be lost without our cat. She's always there for me no matter what (as long as I bring food :D).

Liz - that is soooo cool... I am totally jealous.

vagough

Traveling down the Query Road...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
It has been a nice Sunday. Other than a quick trip to the supermarket for supplies, it's been a day of watching TV and even getting a few words down on a project!

Kitties have been watching TV as well and have actually been very quiet today. Usually they fight over the turquoise cushion at the end of the sofa but TV brought them together!

BI9EtiqCYAAWdg5.jpg

Zelenka, what beautiful cats! We have four (don't ask -- it's too complicated to explain why), including one black cat who will be 19 next month. The second oldest is a crazed calico, the smallest of the set, who tyrannizes all the others.

We did not do much this weekend except visit a local wine festival. (Blech, too many people!) And no writing at all, no words. Big fat pink 0.

But it all works out in the end. Cheers to you! :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee

BI9EtiqCYAAWdg5.jpg

Your cats are adorable/beautiful. :D :D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Squee! Beautiful, fluffy kitties! :hooray: How wonderful. :) Thanks for sharing, both of you. :)

I hate to say how much I love Mondays... :gone:

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Today was our first level checking blood test. It's to check how much of the drug we're experiemtning with is in Blake's system a certain number of hours after we've given the dose.
His dang PICC line was playing up AGAIN and made what should have been less than five minutes, turn into over an hour. GAH Hopefully this part shouldnt last too much longer.
I'm tired and all I want to do is sit down nad read the book I'm really enjoying (Devine By Mistake by P.C. Cast), unfortunatelly I have to fed the kids and do all the other things that come with being a parent.

Being an adult is SO overrated.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:( Poor Blake! Poor you! Make sure you get some chocolate with that food...

onuilmar

(w)ride like the wind
Registered
Reaction score
Hah!

Found you all over here! I am such an incompetent forum user. Not to mention that chocolate is something I usually try to avoid. :D

Beatiful kitties, Z.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Vagoughs - beautiful kitty!

French - hugs to you and Blake

Thanks for the compliments on the kitties. I won't pass them on though as those two have big enough egos as it is!