Sharing my writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tygar

Registered
Reaction score
Just a question how do I gain access to share my writing for critique. I wish to know where and what I can improve on.

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
The Share Your Work section. You need 50+ posts to put your work up on there, but you can post right away. Please do not make a "mad dash" to 50 with a bunch of one liners. I suggest you spend the time critiquing other people's works, reading other critiques, and getting a feel for the certain genre sections.

Also, take a look around. Most of the question you may have can be answered if you looked into the forums, read the stickies, or search for it at the bottom of the page with the Google custom search bar.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
And this is not merely because we want you to give as well as take, although there is a certain amount of that as well. Critiquing will help you become a better writer. You can keep it simple if you feel overwhelmed at first. Tell people when you like their story, or the things that you notice about their revision that work better. Maybe from there find a longer sentence that would be more effective broken into two shorter ones. Build on that.

I strongly recommend checking out the basic writing thread and reading all the stickies there. The Guthrie writing tip paper, by itself, would be worth joining AW.

And welcome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.