Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Jo, I remember reading the first chapters and your question makes sense to me.

Purgies, I want to do a Twitter giveaway, but I'm having trouble being catchy within the 140 character limit. This is 4 characters over. Help?

4 days to #VeiledThreat! Ex-nun Giulia goes undercover in a gay resort. Tweet your embarrassing eye-opening moment. Best one wins a signed copy!

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Mortifying instead of embarrassing would get you 3 of the 4...
or
Best wins a signed copy (take out the one)

Becky, numerically.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
How about - 4 days to #VeiledThreat! Ex-nun Giulia goes undercover in a gay resort. Tweet your favorite embarrassing moment. Best one wins a signed copy!

Aaack! I'm not clear what you mean by "embarrassing eye-opening moment"

Rick, still the slow one

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Ooh! I like mortifying.

The moment in the book is when she has to help restock the "special" gift shop shelves with dildos, aphrodisiac creams, and sexy teddies. She's so not ready for that! :evil

ETA: Rick thanks.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Jo, it's because she's still a naive ex-nun. she's literally never seen a smex toy before.

Okay, I've taken the plunge. If anyone gets a chance, could you RT over the next few days? Many thanks!

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's a fun promo, Lily, but I agree with Jo that the tweet does not make the connection. From the tweet, I might assume that Guilia is an ex-nun because she is gay and be especially confused. Oh, those 140 characters!

Blondchen

Honey Badger don't give a shit.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Lily, how about this?

4 days to win a signed copy of #VeiledThreat! Ex-nun Giulia undercover at a gay resort=shocking experience! Tweet me your best shock to win!

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
4 days until ex-nun Giulia's virgin eyes are opened at a gay resort. Tweet your own mortifying moment and win #VeiledThreat!

...And you've still got 16 characters to work with - I'd expand "mortifying moment" a bit.

Blondchen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
Then just post a link to your tweet here so we can all easily RT it. :) Or, do like we do in the Ap0calypsies, and post ready made tweets like that here for us to just cut and paste. If you use the shorter one, you can include your @screenname. :)

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Of course. Seriously guyz, if you need something shortened, come to me. I practically did this for a living for six years.

Blondchen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gretchenmcneil.com
You guys are the BEST.

Gotta pay it forward. ;) I learned all this crap by trial and error. Back when P0SSESS came out I kept records of what posts/comments/events/reviews/etc. translated directly into (a) Tw!tter followers and (b) G00dreads adds. For me, it was a combo of exclusive news, funky tidbits about life, and giveaways.

Oh, and if someone who had a shit ton more followers than I did tweeted at, replied to, or retweeted me.

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
social media savvy people here, I'm feeling extra confused today. For some reason I created a Huffington post account a while ago. i don't know why I did, nor do I remember creating it, but I have the email from them that said i did. That's fine, but here's the thing. Now I have friends there, somehow, because I don't know how I got them. It's not like facebook where you have to accept requests. I also have people fanning me, but I have no idea why. Do they want me to fan them back? I have nothing there in a profile that would give them a reason to fan me.

It's all making me feel like there is an alternate universe or evil twin Dee who is somehow interacting on Huffington without me.

Haupe

Mad Thread Killa
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janohara.net
I've wondered about that, mayqueen.

So I've committed to tracking my food intake again and I've learned what an emotional eater I am. Like tonight, for instance. I'm more or less tied to my desk and I want to eat all the foods. All of them. Yet I'm not hungry. How did I reach almost half a century and have no idea?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
So I've committed to tracking my food intake again and I've learned what an emotional eater I am. Like tonight, for instance. I'm more or less tied to my desk and I want to eat all the foods. All of them. Yet I'm not hungry. How did I reach almost half a century and have no idea?

I have a deadly habit of cooking when I'm stressed. You can tell how much work is piling up by how many homemade desserts are in the fridge. Making them gives me a break from being worried sick.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a deadly habit of cooking when I'm stressed. You can tell how much work is piling up by how many homemade desserts are in the fridge. Making them gives me a break from being worried sick.

I am horridly amused by this.

I stop being hungry when I get upset or emotional... So then it becomes a mental chase game of convincing myself to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.