Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and for the record (and because he can put horrible things in my reps), I do actually like Cray. He's generally a good guy. When he's not a lech.

Witters is completely irredeemable, but that's another matter entirely.

:D

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Was from Boston. Well, I used to live there. Was never actually "from" there in terms of point of origin.

Now I am most definitely out in farm country.

I lived there for a bit, too. Nice town -- more livable than NYC in a lot of ways. Sometimes I think I'll ditch NYC and go somewhere where I'm not terrified to ride my bike. But then, I'd miss the restaurants and my friends. Not to mention the pretty much every day bizarro occurrences. Of course, I can always go to the Cabaret for that.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can ride my bike here and sometimes be the only person on the road.

:e2bike2:

On the other hand, there isn't a decent Korean/Indian/Greek place anywhere around. So it's a trade.

:)

And I have never been to NYC, though eventually I would like to visit. See the sights. Play tourist and all that.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
You should be there now.

Also, you have that subtle "REP ME!!" thing down pat. You're adapting very well here, I must say.

:Clap:

I'm there! I'm there! I'm a splendid one to behold! Thank you thank you thank you! :partyguy:

I've had a few years of watching panhandlers in the NYC subways. I've learned a lot from them.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm there! I'm there! I'm a splendid one to behold! Thank you thank you thank you! :partyguy:

I've had a few years of watching panhandlers in the NYC subways. I've learned a lot from them.

Yes, we have the same level of subtlety here. But better personal hygiene.

:e2shower:

And I kind of envy you. While I have no desire to part with my reps, no one told me about the little titles until I had already reached the "we have run out of things to say" level.

:e2bummed:

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
And I kind of envy you. While I have no desire to part with my reps, no one told me about the little titles until I had already reached the "we have run out of things to say" level.

:e2bummed:

That's the kind of thing I like to figure out right away. It's fun to see the titles change. It gives me such a feeling of accomplishment. But it took me a good week and a half to find this thread and really work it. If you can believe it, I earned those first 76 points one by one, making thoughtful comments on query letters. I knew there had to be a better way.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Oh, and for the record (and because he can put horrible things in my reps), I do actually like Cray. He's generally a good guy. When he's not a lech.

Witters is completely irredeemable, but that's another matter entirely.

I got a kick out of them both today, though I'll consider myself warned. So far it's just been good silly fun, and I'm all for that.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
That's not nearly enthusiastic enough! Where's the party? Where's the brass band? Where are the clowns? Send in the clowns!

ah, well believe it or not - I'm not really a rep obsessed person. I just come because I like the people here. The count doesn't really matter to me.

So, yeah.

But - YAY!!!
glitter-graphics-cinderella-152897.gif
smileys-easter-140445.gif
mini-graphics-nature-584996.gif
mini-graphics-miscellaneous-310546.gif

better?

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

Sigh. Once I've run out of rep point accolades, perhaps I'll be blase, too.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I like seeing the picks and getting hidden messages, I just never remember there's a count going on.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
OMG! OMG! I hopped a whole level and didn't notice! I've earned the board's admiration!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
As much as I hate to admit it - my eyes are starting to cross. I think I am turning in for the night.

Have a great one you guys, see you later :hi:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OMG! OMG! I hopped a whole level and didn't notice! I've earned the board's admiration!

See? Moving up in the world.

Though I have felt some of the lower levels actually confer more spectacular monikers of admiration than some of the higher ones.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
As much as I hate to admit it - my eyes are starting to cross. I think I am turning in for the night.

Have a great one you guys, see you later :hi:

I was about to type the same thing. I'm going to see about actually getting some sleep tonight (have had a couple of wide-awake nights in a row).

Good night. It's been so much fun playing today!

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
See? Moving up in the world.

Though I have felt some of the lower levels actually confer more spectacular monikers of admiration than some of the higher ones.

Yes. They've put the same passion into selecting monikers as the Cabaret is putting into the gropes. Their heart wasn't in it. But it's OK -- it's all about what we bring to it.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Where are the clowns? Send in the clowns!

Clowns? We don't need no stinking clowns! We've got Vince's KISS peoples. (Guys in make-up doing weird things=clowns, right? ;))

Peke slept the night pretty well. His fever's down, but not quite gone. The wound looks markedly better this morning, so we're letting it be open for a while. He's acting like a little snot, not wanting to walk, always wanting to be in someone's lap. We're not putting up with it anymore. At least, I'm not. I've got too much to do that I haven't done in two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.