Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poor widdle Mawyn got stuck in the rain. Which is mildly fun in a childlike way, when it's only for a few minutes. I also did something I rarely do, offering a ride to a stranger. A girl wearing a backpack was holed up under a bridge about a half mile from the community college, and checked her watch twice while I was stopped at a light. She wore a hoodie, not exactly waterproof. So I pulled over at a driveway near the bridge and hollered that I was going right by the school. She was smart, checked me out and jotted my license plate down in case I murdered her.

Which I didn't. I just wish I could have gotten her closer to the building where her class was, but even so, she arrived dryer than she would have.

Maryn, do-gooder

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no. Just yays for all the yay-worthy things today. *sheepish smile*

Yay!

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY, LYNDEE!!!​

:PartySmil:TheWave::TheWave::PartySmil

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know what's great about being a writer, even if you don't sell much, like me? You write a mean business letter.

I ordered this T-shirt for The Kid's birthday. As shown on the website and the order form, Women's Medium. As received, Junior Medium. It didn't fit. I returned it at my own expense, asking for an exchange, and they credited the account the cost of the shirt but not the shipping. I waited 10 days, but apparently they are not reversing the credit and sending a replacement item. So I'm out just under $15 for shipping an item which was not as offered both ways, and I have exactly nothing. I was most ladylike in expressing my extreme displeasure.

Maryn, grouchy

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday Lyndee! :snoopy:

:( Ugh...just got a phone call rejection on a job I REALLY REALLY wanted. I didn't even know they DID that anymore! Was expecting an e-mail... :(

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
Evening, Purgatory! Repped as I went, but some comments as well:

:banana::banana::banana:HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY, LWALKER!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Stealing, too! (Can't resist the bananas...)

Yay for Kiddo, Lily! That's fantastic news!

(((fire)))

(((Smiley))) That's rough. :(

I learned tonight that I think I qualify for a GP visit card! I'll know for sure soon enough, anyway.

lwalker

Butterflies
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you again, everyone! It's been a fantastic day! I went to the bookstore to sign preorders and the WHOLE WINDOW was full of copies of my book! OMG! Pics on FB. :D

And we have a babysitter tonight and hubs is taking me out to celebrate!

And the lady from the library just called and asked me to come do a book talk and program. So, woohoo! Happy book birthday, indeed! :e2woo:

xiaotien

bedazzled /bootay shaker!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cindypon.com
fly by. got ass handed to me
in critique session. was great!

lily pie, thank you. agent cc'ed me
on a pitch and called me "young lady".
i was gleeful. ha!

must haul munchkin to haircut.
trying to take care of all motherly
duties before #mexicoretreat!

mayqueen

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
lwalker, awesome!! That's so exciting.

Maryn, you're a good person for doing that.

Smiley, oh ugh I'm so sorry.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ep #3 is up, with special guest, Blond

Now of to teach. have a great day everyone.

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Happy Book Birthday, Lyndee!

And yay for pics!

Lots of happy news around here, which is great, but hugs to everyone who wants or needs one. :Hug2:

Home from school where I've now officially taken over all my classes and my head is like woah. But mostly in a good way. :)

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? 516 posts and 17 pages on a new thread before I checked in again?!! Never been this late before.

First of all, MrsBrommers is the unfortunate winner of the 'most dreadful news' post in this thread so far. I cannot believe what you've been dealing with in multiple illness/disaster/disease category. Have you had anyone checking mould in the house? Or water, pipes, heating system? It just doesn't sound normal. MAJOR hugs to you.

OL, I hope you found your sister's cat. Such a huge worry.

lwalker, HAPPY RELEASE DAY!! :partyguy:
There's a lot of talented people here -- does anyone know anything about felting? My son has a beloved felt pig and the ears are falling off. They weren't sewn on, and I can't figure out how to stick them back on. Any ideas?
Phoenix, until I read the rest of it, I thought there might actually be an animal called a felting pig. In the split second while I paused to contemplate this creature, I was trying to imagine whether you sheared or combed them to get the felt. Clearly I know nothing about felting. :D

This thread can run, but it cannot hide!
But it tried.

LRB, thank you so much, sweetie, for updating book stuff. Especially sweet of you to add my book award!

Late to hair topic, but I remember thinking as I approached 40, well, I guess it's goodbye long hair for me. Never happened. Then at 50, I thought, surely I'm long enough in the tooth that this just isn't age-appropriate any more. And now at *mumble mumble* I'm still wearing the long hair and just hoping my hairdresser (who is very outspoken) will tell me when it's time. Age is just not the same any more.

I'm in the home stretch on houseguests! Niece, boyfriend, nephew went on Sunday and I just have my sister and her husband left. They are so easy, but still require a good chunk of my time (voluntarily) to entertain and show them places they haven't been before. I will miss them when they leave, but I may hug my house. Six weeks is a long time to have continuous company and as many as eight at a time.

FruitTree

Registered
Reaction score
Yay on the financial aid package, Lily! It's horrifying but true that $40k in debt isn't bad these days...

I just had a completely embarrassing screw-up in front of my class - the kind that would have been bad enough if I were a student, but I'm supposed to be the teacher!

I'm going to go writhe with a glass of wine in hand.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, clients. You are forever testing my professional ethics. It's like my client has a cookie jar and I can eat two cookies, but the client is giving permission for me to eat a few more if I get hungry. Must not! Two cookies! That was the deal.

But if I had another cookie, I could put it toward paying off my cookie loan ...

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY LWalker :)

YAY for paying of student loans :)

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and congrats, KT, on paying off student loan. That got lost in the shuffle, but definitely worth a mention!

FruitTree, if you only knew the number of times I'm had embarrassing screw ups in front of people at seminars, wine tastings and during interviews, especially one on radio that was pretty monumental. But even that faded and trust me, no one will remember or care. Just being brave enough to correct yourself, or laugh at the situation or whatever it calls for makes up for it in front of people.

Okay, I'm off to spend a last evening with sis and bro-in-law. Despite burnout at having company, I will definitely miss them. They are the perfect house guests.

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
Just stopping in to wish LynDee a happy book birthday!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's official. I'm not really sick. Now I just feel like somebody who needs a cup of tea and some sinus meds. Ahh, better!

Somehow I managed to reach the ripe old age of [cough-cough-gag] without having seen Predator, which I am now rectifying. It's not really very good, but at least I know what people are talking about. (Predator blood is made of the liquid from a glow stick mixed with K-Y!)

Maryn, her attention straying enough to be here, too

Status
Not open for further replies.