Here we go again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RightHoJeeves

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
After a few months off/planning/thinking, I have started a new novel. 1500 words down.

BRING. IT. ON.

Canton

A tethered mind
Registered
Reaction score
Same boat here. New novel. Fun stuff! Congrats man.

RightHoJeeves

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Proud to say that the first draft is done. It's bare bones as all hell, but I know the story/characters/themes pretty well, and I'm in a good position to work it into something good.

Hooray!

Jorshington

Big Daddy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.joshthenormal.wordpress.com
Every time someone says they finished their first draft in a few months, I avoid eye contact with my multiple WIPs I've been working on for anywhere between six months to two years.

That is: congratulations!

jerrimander

No one takes me seriously. Really.
Registered
Reaction score
After reading the title of this thread I have dolly parton warbling in my head. You, the op, are in Melbourne and look like you just started growing your facial hair, so you probably don't get the reference, to which I say, Google it, you young whippersnapper.

Congrats BTW.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
After reading the title of this thread I have dolly parton warbling in my head. You, the op, are in Melbourne and look like you just started growing your facial hair, so you probably don't get the reference, to which I say, Google it, you young whippersnapper.

Congrats BTW.
Haha

Congrats, Jeeves. That was fast!

RightHoJeeves

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score

Congrats BTW.

Haha thanks.

I guess I look young for my age?

ohheyyrach77

Awesome.
Registered
Reaction score
Haha thanks.

I guess I look young for my age?

I think you kinda look like Josh Peck in that picture. The guy from Drake and Josh xD

Guess that shows my age too.

Anyway congrats on the new WIP!!

mommygoth

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! That's really fast. How many hours a day are you able to dedicate to writing? I feel like my stuff takes forever to finish because I have to work on it in the hours between when my kids go to bed and when I do.

RightHoJeeves

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Congrats! That's really fast. How many hours a day are you able to dedicate to writing? I feel like my stuff takes forever to finish because I have to work on it in the hours between when my kids go to bed and when I do.

Wow! That's fast!

I try to do at least 1000 words a day, but I just had an 11 day holiday so I was able to do 2000 words most days. I don't have kids and I'm recently single again so despite working full time its not that much of a strech.

mommygoth

Registered
Reaction score
I try to do at least 1000 words a day, but I just had an 11 day holiday so I was able to do 2000 words most days. I don't have kids and I'm recently single again so despite working full time its not that much of a strech.

Nice! I'm definitely not moving that fast, but I only have about an hour and a half a day to work with most days. I try to take a day off every now and then to make a big dent, but life gets in the way a lot. Stupid life.

RightHoJeeves

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Nice! I'm definitely not moving that fast, but I only have about an hour and a half a day to work with most days. I try to take a day off every now and then to make a big dent, but life gets in the way a lot. Stupid life.

I have a lot of respect for anyone who has kids who gets writing done. I have no idea how people do it.

julietk

Registered
Reaction score
Website
julietkemp.com
I have a lot of respect for anyone who has kids who gets writing done. I have no idea how people do it.

In my case: naptime! (I can only get 5-600 words done, by the time I've spent half an hour after the kid is asleep in lying on the sofa and breathing long deep calming breaths ;) but that's more than zero.)

Although I'm cheating a bit; I work part-time and fit some fiction writing in around my paid non-fic writing, too.

JRTroughton

Registered
Reaction score
Wow.

That's a stunning turnaround time to produce so much work. Kudos.

Status
Not open for further replies.