Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
{{{Maryn}}} Kids are kids, and sometimes they still do the Eyeroll of Death at us no matter how old they get. You are a terrific parent.

The Lily's parental units have eaten pizza, consumed birthday cake, gotten a shortened grandkid fix, and are on their way home.

We had 5 koi yesterday: white, orange, black, orange-and-blue, and gold-speckled. Today we have 4: the orange-and-blue has vanished. Potential suspects: the cats, a raccoon, a hawk. :Shrug:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Might there be enough remaining day to check into that netting? Or lay something over the water as a temporary fix, even if it's not nice-looking? I've got some old screening in a roll you can use.

Maryn, tired

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. Sorry I've been slack in checking in. I've been dealing with some health issues (nothing too serious, we think, but still a bit of a mystery of whether we are dealing with one thing causing all the issues, two things, or even three different things).

Dys -- I can hardly believe you emigrated 7 years ago. And yes, lots has happened since then. LOL. Glad you're here. And I'm waving from Wisconsin.

Elinor -- no agent or editor worth working with is going to hold the two spaces against you or assume a devious motive. Don't sweat it.

Para -- wozers on that wordcount over justa few days.

Maryn -- sorry there was snippiness and short-temper. Maybe right now everything feels a bit raw and overwhelming. But all you can do is try. Hugs to you.

Lily -- :( on the koi. :) on the shower scene.

~suki

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll get over it. Mr. Maryn made me feel better by reminding me that here at home, I virtually never goof, and that it surprised him I was slipping in her presence.

I'll get better about it over time, I imagine, and will one day do "her" automatically.

So, Lily, we all want to see the shower scene!

Maryn, who welcomed the meter reader while wearing her bathrobe

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn -- It will become easier. For both of you, I would imagine.

We have a neighbor who walks his dog up the blocka nd back in his bathrobe, carrying his coffee. I'm not entirely certain he's not naked underneath it. Or maybe just briefs/boxers. I was shocked the first time I saw his strolling along. Now, I still smile, but it's normal.

~suki

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can no longer remember if this was a real dude or the plot of a movie, but there was a mafia guy who spent much of every day outside in his bathrobe and PJs, then later used it as the basis for an insanity defense.

I bet he was just comfy and didn't give a damn what the neighbors thought. I bet when you're a powerful mafia type, just knowing you could rub out your neighbors gives you a certain freedom.

In other news, after a vacation hiatus from writing, I knocked out 1500 words this afternoon before my brain began to sizzle. I guess I have to work up to longer sessions.

Maryn, writing the penultimate scene

Heathertruett

Wordy Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.madamerubies.com
Congratulations, Heather for winning a "first 50 pages" request! :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: *pours vamp dust all over Heather's ms*

Link to the winners' announcement.

THANKS!

I already have a full out to The Bent Agency, with a different agent, so I sent an email to let the her know.

Authoress emailed me with a request from another agent as well - an agent closed to queries. I got that sent off today.

My friend's husband died this week. Talk about perspective.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cool!

Edit: Yet that sobering perspective, so sad to hear it.

Maryn, pleased in Heather's behalf

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Heather! Excellent interest. Good luck!

And, yes, sobering perspective.

Hi all. :)

~suki

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, dear, I have ruined my one-day-old manicure.

It was a worthy cause, though. We've had lots of rain in the last few days, so it was obviously the right time to weed the garden. Trouble is, one end of it was 100% weeds, so it took a while. I think I got a good 90% of them, though, including the roots.

I have burrs on my pants, in and on my garden gloves, and a few in my hair. If only we were monkeys who groom one another, this would go much faster, you know. Volunteers?

Maryn, hearing nothing

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A full, pretty exciting!

I have accomplished nothing beyond a shower. Oh, wait, not true. I defrosted something I will cook tonight, shrimp and already-cooked turkey sausage. Jambalaya, healthy-style! (One of our favorites, as good as at that restaurant we like, but a third the price and half the fat.)

I don't believe dreams signify anything at all, but I had a strange one. The lead actor from "Halt and Catch Fire" (who's handsome in a former-model way) was celebrating Christmas at our house, and I was scrambling to find things which could be gifts and get them wrapped and under the tree before he came downstairs. When he arrived, he had on yellow flannel jammies and seemed to like his presents. Like a good guest, he helped pick up wrapping paper.

But what does it all mean?

Maryn, who prefers the sex dreams but will take the weird

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
*wave*

Got kiddo registered for middle school today. She made honors math, so she's really excited. (this is MY child?) They also apparently have 3 school dances during the year, and she's already bummed because it's for students of her school only, and so the guy she's "dating" can't come (he's home schooled). :rolleyes:

Oh, and we had to buy gym clothes. I remember those. Ugh.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
I tried to tell her that at this age, they all dance in a group, rather that WITH each other, but she looked at me like I was stupid.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Caleb! What's up? Can venting help?

I thought of you yesterday when I was gardening. You probably would have known, much earlier than I realized, that the climbing vines were not self-seeded morning glories despite the similar leaf shape. I don't know what they were, but they're about 90% gone now. The ones that invaded the perennials are hard to get at, so I'll be after them later in the season.

I made healthy jambalaya last night as planned, and man, it's good.

Maryn, preening

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn PICTURES of plants so I can identify.

And...
<_<
>_>
Nothing bad going on. Just LOTS going on. All mostly positive. Can't talk about it just yet. I think I will be able to come September.

Had a seriously infected toe. Took a cut that I thought was fully healed, wasn't, and went mucking around a pond... Yeah not good. Really fascinating. It's almost completely healed now but had a whole long process of cutting it open, cleaning it, doctoring it. Was really interesting.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I should figure out how to make my camera talk to this new desktop. So far a lot of my older peripherals cannot communicate and there are no new drivers. My camera, my MP3 player, and my printer might as well be bricks now.

Maryn, who gets frustrated too easily

Status
Not open for further replies.