2014 world domination callendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
1. Wrote at least four sellable short novels.
2. Write at least four sellable scripts.
3. Profit.

Last edited:

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you, and thank you. I hope to have good reason to update this thread as the year flows on.

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
And blessings to you ma'm, and a successful year as well!

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
February 2014 world domination-related to do list:

• Write Gaimanish/Barkerish unsettling fairy tale
  • Outline sword and sorcery adventure book
  • Outline sci-fi script
  • No smoking
  • No drinking
  • Regular power walks
  • Lift weights for upper body toning
  • Regular back and neck exercises
  • Regular breathing exercises

Last edited:

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
End of February report

• The unsettling fairy tale is half-done. Should be really done by Mar 22nd, by my new timetable.
  • Ideas for the sword and sorcery serial have been organized, but no outline as such yet. This happens after the fairy tale is done end of March.
  • The sci-fi script is outlined and even part done
  • No smoking sucked. The first days I was a jerk. Then I regained control, but my chest felt like I was having a week-long heart-attack. Then this quieted down and the hives started. But now it's fine. The first 2-3 weeks are bad, though.
  • Managed to not take up drinking to compensate non smoking.
  • Exercises are happening, more or less.
  • With my new manic vision I decided I'll treat everything I've written up to now--and not yet published--as a backlist to be self-published. This year is when my rights begin reverting from a number of small publishers, so that should add to the backlist. During the March in which I wrap up the fairy tale, I'll be entering the self-pub market with 12 units ranging from short-short story collections to various omnibuses. I'll show them all yet.
*EDIT* Agent talked me out of jumping the gun. I'll hold off from self-publishing for a few months yet. See what happens on the traditional front.

Last edited:

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
My modest but daily toning program is producing results: I am now already the body equivalent of a 50 year old Roger Moore. By May this year I should be the body equivalent of a 35 year old William Shatner. I do not use Sean Connery as a fitness measuring unit due to lack of hobbit-devouring forest of doom on chest.

The craving to light up makes me take really long walks instead. My ass is so much cuter since I quit.

Also, came up with some definitions of an excellent genre novel, yesterday before sleep:

• It takes you on a fantastic voyage at the end of which you feel enriched
  • It provides awe, not merely excitement
  • You want to reread it
  • Every time you reread it, it is subtly different
  • It is read and reread for generations
  • It can help someone make a serious life choice, when read at the right time
  • It can provide experience for the inexperienced and a dialog between equals for the experienced
  • Its characters and scenes are so “real” they provide individual and/or cultural reference points
  • It provides emotional satisfaction to the emotional and cerebral satisfaction to the cerebral

In related news:
1. My guitar revival that tentatively started last March is now one year old, and after a few leaps and bounds has stabilized somewhere around 1987 Kreator/Sodom/Sepultura-wise. I doubt I can progress further unless I focus exclusively on it, which I totally won't--so that's my weekend warrior level for now and the foreseeable future. I compose a quick piece every weekend.
2. Chinese: I can now count to ten. Next week--maybe a primitive conversation?

Last edited:

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
Summer report:

1) This year's Fairy Tale is done--I'll give it a final line edit in about a fortnight. Best fairy tale this side of Gaiman, naturally. I see I planned the fairy tale to be done by end of March. It is now the end of July. Gotta stop taking so much time...
2) My body is now that of an Aryan god with love-handles and a slight pouch. I suppose having a bit of a gut is OK for Viking gods, but let's see if I can dwindle it a bit toward the Greek ideal before the winter.
3) My guitar playing and composing has reached its natural peak--early 1990's death and black metal and alternative rock + 1980's thrash and heavy metal. Give me an hour and I'll compose you the meanest riffing this side of Razor, the bleakest tremolos from the Forgotten Woods, and the wussiest chords this side of Oasis.
4) My writing is better and better in every day and in every way. I see the matrix now! That batch of prose there is a blonde and she's...OMG my eyes!
5) The next week will be spent plotting out the international thriller I conceived back in January. High time. But the months that passed since then did allow me to a) raise my level and b) accumulate a pile of notes which I'll now have to consolidate into one data base. This is going to be a thriller that will show how epic 21st century thrillers should look like, even if I say so myself. Creating the new standard of this generation is a tough job, but hey, someone has to do it...
6) The introduction of the new standard for sword & sorcery has been pushed back to the winter. Can't do everything at once, you know...

Last edited:

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
Story written last year accepted by paying market. Love waking up to emails like that.
Got nasty carpal tunnel last evening for first time in life. Now typing slow and gonna stay away from keyboard for a few days while nerves and tendons realign.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Wow ambitious! Do you have in mind a plan for what you will do with each of them? Do you plan to send some to publishers and self publish others?

HeavyAirship

Aboard my phaneron.
Registered
Reaction score
I need to do something like this. I have so many things on my plate it's tempting to say "I can't focus on all these things. I guess I'll have to drop some things for a few months."

But no! It can be done! TO THE PERSEVEREATORIUM!

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
Wow ambitious! Do you have in mind a plan for what you will do with each of them? Do you plan to send some to publishers and self publish others?

HI, Ginger, no idea. Last time I raised the topic of self-pub my agent threatened to resign, on the other hand baby is still not a star, so I'll take it as it comes :D

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I hereby, henceforth and fortwith, shift to a weekend-based participation in the Absolute Write forum. Monday to Friday--all energies shall be directed only into becoming a modern day titan of storytelling. All surplus energy shall go into family or into brain-scrubbing relaxation moments.
Absolute Write--absolutely weekend-based to the end of 2014. Let's see if this frees up slumbering turbo-engines of awesome.

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
Wave 3

Well, the previous post was a symptom of an upcoming catharsis, which just took place.
Long story short--I hereby declare my second writing period over, trunk my fairy tale and other semi-finished stuff, and, free from mental debris, begin the third wave.
The first wave lasted from 2009 to 2011 and resulted in two novels, two novellas, two novelettes, and a bunch of stories, all published.
The second wave lasted from 2011 to the summer of 2014, and resulted in one novel, two novellas, and a bunch of short stories, of which only the shorts are currently getting published.
The third wave will be the successful synthesis of quality and quantity and shall kicketh athth.

Last edited:

Jane Berry

Registered
Reaction score
I love your ambitious goals. Crank through those words. Get them on the page. Then move on.

Restricting consuming content in order to create more is always a good idea. It's too easy to play online instead of writing. Looking forward to more updates!

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
Just swinging by to say my World Domination Plan has been adjusted in a shift from quantity to quality. I've decided to throw everything I got into writing one novel to rule them all and in darkness bind them--the best damn thriller ever, is my goal--and am plugging away. And it does indeed look like potentially the best thriller ever. I'll just have to edit it real good, once the drafting is done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.