Follow Up Nudging

Status
Not open for further replies.

kydelaney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kydelaney.com
An agent asked for my full and book proposal back in March. During an interview, she mentioned that she likes authors to follow up on fulls at the the three-month mark, and then every month after that.

I just sent her an email checking in. But it seems kind of pointless - if an agent wanted to represent an author, wouldn't they jump on it? Would they really needed to be reminded? I'm feeling a little negative, like I've just nudged someone to reject me.

Thoughts?

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
An agent asked for my full and book proposal back in March. During an interview, she mentioned that she likes authors to follow up on fulls at the the three-month mark, and then every month after that.

I just sent her an email checking in. But it seems kind of pointless - if an agent wanted to represent an author, wouldn't they jump on it? Would they really needed to be reminded? I'm feeling a little negative, like I've just nudged someone to reject me.

Thoughts?

I think you're forgetting how busy agents can be. She has hundreds of writers after her on a weekly basis, but the main thing is most writers don't realize how much time and energy is required to deal with the business of taking care of writers she already represents.

It can sometimes take months and months just to clear a spot where you can jump.

kydelaney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kydelaney.com
I think you're forgetting how busy agents can be. She has hundreds of writers after her on a weekly basis, but the main thing is most writers don't realize how much time and energy is required to deal with the business of taking care of writers she already represents.

It can sometimes take months and months just to clear a spot where you can jump.

Thanks for that perspective. It's easy to forget that agents have so much going on when I'm constantly hitting my refresh button and wondering why I haven't heard from anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.