Has anyone tried any foreign markets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Not just the UK, but in Asia, Australia, etc. If so what was your experience? I'm thinking of looking abroad.

Last edited:

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
I've had numerous short stories published abroad, in a variety of languages, and they all went smoothly and professionally.

I've got novels coming up soon in Germany (queried via a German agent) and Brazil (publisher contacted me directly ) too early to say yet, but the experience so far has been smooth and pain free with both. Also got a tickle of a possibility in Japan that's got the potential to be a big deal, so fingers crossed.

Reaction score
I've had numerous short stories published abroad, in a variety of languages, and they all went smoothly and professionally.

I've got novels coming up soon in Germany (queried via a German agent) and Brazil (publisher contacted me directly ) too early to say yet, but the experience so far has been smooth and pain free with both. Also got a tickle of a possibility in Japan that's got the potential to be a big deal, so fingers crossed.
Congrats. This sounds so neat to me. How did you go about finding publishers? Just google?

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I routinely submit short stories to foreign markets. They seem to be highly receptive, and I think I sell at a higher rate there than here.

My publisher handles most foreign markets for my novels, and my agent handles countries the publisher doesn't deal with.

Heretothere

Introvert Realism
Registered
Reaction score
I don't plan to limit myself to USA based markets. As, I truly believe there is a whole world out there.

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
US is totally foreign to me... you even speak a completely different language :)

I have pondered submitting to Indian publishers, mainly because I seem to get a lot of blog views from there after featuring two Indian authors as guest bloggers. I mean they were all there for them but some of that has to rub off on me... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.