• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Mansion Street Literary Management

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I queried on the 3rd and got a form rejection on the 7th (yesterday). I'd say it was somewhat disappointing about the form, but I agree, it was a very quick response.

ohthatmomagain

writing, working, weeping, winning
Registered
Reaction score
EQ= 5/6/12
Form Rejection= 5/8/12

Very fast response time.

SheilaJG

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this thread, or I wouldn't have known about Michelle becoming an agent. I just wish I'd seen her book before I wrote mine, because I spent a lot of time thinking up pseudo-swear words safe for the MG set. I even started a thread in the MG section about whether or not it was okay to use "shih-tzu."

So, I queried on the 3rd, and got a full request last night. Thanks, AW!

MttStrn

Action is my reward..that and bacon
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Michelle on 5/9 with my YA Mystery. Crickets so far. I noticed a bunch who queried after have received responses. Now wondering if mine made it there at all.

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
I sent my full in early July. On Twitter, she said her slush has been very good to her, but she isn't ready to announce anything. Has anyone heard?

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Michelle Witte today (6/24) with an urban fantasy MG novel. Heard back in two hours with a full request. A little stunned.

I don't suppose anyone's had any recent experience they could share?

Last edited:

Epimetheus

aeolistic monoglot
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Michelle Witte today (6/24) with an urban fantasy MG novel. Heard back in two hours with a full request. A little stunned.

The pull down bar at the top of Michelle Witte's site currently says:

"I've responded to queries through June 30 and requested manuscripts up to March 30"

So there's a 3 month backlog on requested manuscripts. It'll be a while before you hear back, but good luck! :)