The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Volume 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
:e2yawn: I got a solid ten hours' sleep last night. It was fabulous.

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Purgies!

* stretch *

I'm still waking up, so I've opted for the multi-quote.

Good job, agent and book vamp dust for everyone on the hunt. I need to put "resume paper" on my shopping list, too. ;)
I bought a pack of 100 sheets of resume paper. I haven't handed out a single resume yet, and I'm almost out of paper. I keep convincing myself I've got the "final" version, then print out 10 copies, only to realize I left something out or can tweak this or that. Last night I printed out the "Final" version of my generic, shotgun resume. Then for every job I apply for, I'm supposed to rewrite it, highlighting the specific traits that are tailored to that job. (I sense a trip to Staples is in my future.)

I am home with Mr. Fruit (doesn't that sound wrong) enjoying champagne - just because.
Enjoy the Fruit! (That sounds a bit wrong, too.)

*streaks through volume 8*
:e2photo: I finally got to take the snapshot. Normally someone else beats me to it. * crops and rotates photo *

rick, how are the sickiesin your house??
Kiddo #3 is doing better now that they're on the Tamiflu, but Lynne has a wicked cough. I decided to confine the two sickies to Mom & Dad's bed the last two nights, while I slept in Kiddo's bed. It's probably pointless - I was probably exposed before I started to steer clear of them and my flu shot is warding off the virus enough, even though it's not tuned for this strain. So far so good...

LWalker, that is FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!
+1!!!

Yay for Karen!!!
Ditto!

I've got to get Brett settled for the morning, then it'll be time to get ready and head south to LynDee's Release Party. WOOT!

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
It's snowing here in a nice way. I'm sitting at my desk sort of writing and drinking coffee and looking out the window at the trees in the back yard and watching the birds go after the feast we put out for them. Good morning so far.

eta: I should say the cats and i are watching the birds. They may be enjoying it more than me.

Last edited:

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

YAY, LynDee!

Unfortunately, the fights sucked last night. They started an hour and a half late, some of the fighters didn't show.... just not cool.

Gearing up for another big snow storm here.

CheekyWench

O.o
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elysabethwilliams.com
RICK !! I WANT ROYALTIES!

Lwalker and K@ren!

kermigif.gif

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Yay LynDee and Karen!

Well, today is my oldest's 8th birthday, so I'll be busy with her party, which I think will not go well. I have a craft that I think might be too hard for some kids, and I had thought it would go too quick but now I think it will take too long. Plus I invited the max of 15 kids and they are ALL coming. I was hoping for a much smaller yield. Shouldn't some of them have been busy or something?

OK, GO!

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
GOOO Kell! :D Have fun!

I'm off - to see the wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's one thing about having small kids I don't miss, the requisite parties. I remember one where the activity was decorating gingerbread men I'd baked with Birthday Kid, whose birthday is right before Christmas. I allowed 20 minutes. Evan finished his in under 60 seconds, turned to me, and said, "What do we do now?"

Uh...

I can totally see why businesses started offering supervised birthday parties. Even though they're not cheap, giving that responsibility to someone else is golden.

When we bought this house 16 years ago, one of the big negatives was the teensy master bath. (Stand in the middle, touch all four walls at will.) We've talked about redoing it for the last decade, but now Mr. Maryn is seeking bathroom renovation pictures online and talking about ways to double the space. I'm all, "Seriously?" It will involve major construction. We shall see.

Maryn, cautiously excited

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
The one thing getting me through the party is that I bought a cake from the fancy bakery in town. I had that cake at the last two kids' parties I went to, and the anticipation is sustaining me.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you everyone.... I'll be okay. Yesterday was okay... Today this morning has been rough. I'm making myself leave the house in a few minutes. There's an old Union cemetery nearish to downtown that I've wanted to see so I'm going to go walk it.

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just a quick hello before I take ff for V3gas. We are doing my birthday today (instead of the 4th) and I'm getting lunch and a movie with my best friend and then my party is tonight. :D

Good times.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You poor thing, a party in Vegas!

I'm rewriting the bookend parts of a story with a different POV. It's like trying to run in waist-deep water. Not impossible, but pretty freakin' hard. First pass, my new POV character is completely one-dimensional. I suppose I should finish it anyway, so I'll have something to fix.

Maryn, thinking lunch might help

Amarie

carpe libri
Registered
Reaction score
Dumb question - Does a gas fireplace insert work when the electricity is out? We have to light our gas stove with a lighter when the power is out because the electric starter won't spark, but is there the same thing on a gas fireplace?

Have an excellent party, Dragon!

WritingDemons

Reclusive doesn't begin to cover it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jackykendricks.blogspot.com
I'm being plagued with idea that aren't helpful for the regency I'm supposed to be writing.

Sigh, sigh. That's what I get for deciding to self-publish. I now have a commitment that I need to keep, whether I want to be writing romance or not. Blargle. I knew this might be an issue when I signed up for this. Just gotta soldier on.

SelmaW

Follow your heart; take your brain
Registered
Reaction score
I hear ya, WD. I get ideas that I love and I'm like "but what if I forget how to execute this between now and when I can actually start writing and the world is deprived of this geeeeeeeeeeeniouuuuuuuuuuus", but I have to force myself to finish. And then I start the next idea and realize that idea is just as hard work as the last one, lol.

Checked out your self-pub fb page and love the cover for TKB :)

mikeland

Call me Pookie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm gonna head up and watch a movie with Lynne, hoping she doesn't infect me before tomorrow's trek to LynDee's Book Release party. Lynne won't watch Planet of the Apes - it scared her as a kid and she still won't watch any of those movies. Same thing with Godzilla and especially Gammera (the flying turtle with flames shooting out its shell). Scared her silly and I haven't yet been able to talk her into watching one. Star Trek is a slim possibility - she's not into Sci Fi at all - still hasn't seen a single Star Wars movie - not her thing. On our Netflix queue, I have to alternate Chick Flicks between the good ones to keep her happy. * sigh * The things I do for love.

I've got similar problems but maybe not as severe. My wife likes some of the big ticket stuff (Hobbits and Star Trek and Star Wars, but no superheroes). But I'm usually on my own for the run-of-the-mill SF, fantasy, action, etc. I've got Looper, Dark Knight and Bourne in the house right now. I'm on my own for all three.

Rick - enjoy LynDee's party
LynDee - enjoy your party and congrats again on the amazing week.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mike, can I come and watch movies at your house?

Maryn, who makes fine caramel corn

Shveta

Dangling from rainbows
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! Repped as I read.

Question for the bakers out there: I got a recipe for pomegranate black pepper chocolate chip cookies and baked them today. Unfortunately, the flavor of the pomegranate molasses didn't come through that strongly, and the black pepper disappeared. Any thoughts?

In book stuff, I'm currently reading a middle grade novel (Amarie, this might interest you) called The B00k of W0nd3rs by Jasm1n3 R1chards. It's a retelling of The Arabian Nights and also the first in a trilogy.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Movie night here too.
Just watched 'The Last Samurai'. It's been a few years since I've seen it, but I still cried at the end. In spite of Tom Cruise being in it (he was actually bloody brilliant), it's one of my favourite films of all time.

Rick and LynDee, have a terrific time today!

Status
Not open for further replies.