• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

WME Entertainment / William Morris Endeavor (US)

rwam

Registered
Reaction score
My snail mail query got rejected by Dorian Karchmar. The rejection was in my SASE, but it was typed with my name & address & book title and hand-signed...I'm trying to figure out if Ms. Karchmar & WMA are just that classy or if there's a chance this means my query wasn't totally crappy?

ORION

Sailed away years ago
Registered
Reaction score
Website
patriciawoodauthor.com
I thought I'd throw in a comment here. While it is true in theory that you can get lost in the shuffle after signing with a big agency- the advantages IMHO far outweigh the disadvantages ie the film, foreign and other subsidiary rights that oftentimes go along with novel writing.
and re: Dorian Karchmar - she is one classy lady a a wonderful agent to work with.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the usual read time for WMA is? They've had my full since November.

I’d say check querytracker.net, but they don't have much submission data on agents Karchmar and Goldfried—two that handle YA. A few submitters have received negative reports in three weeks, but there are no positive responses listed. In any case, if the agent hasn't given you a time frame, I would certainly email and ask if it’s still under consideration.

Angkor

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Six weeks after my query, WMA has requested my full manuscript. Funny thing is that their big competitor, ICM, has also requested a full. When it rains, it pours in this quirky business. The key thing is not to fantasize about an unlikely offer to represent, but to keep plugging away with more queries and more writing. I'll share the results of my case once I receive their replies.

Last edited:

Laura Lond

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know who would be the right agent at WMA to query about middle grade? I have studied about their agents, and none specifically lists MG... I would think that such a big agency would represent MG books? Thanks!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know who would be the right agent at WMA to query about middle grade? I have studied about their agents, and none specifically lists MG... I would think that such a big agency would represent MG books? Thanks!

Try Erin Malone. She does YA, so she might do MG as well.

christinalbarr

Registered
Reaction score
Is it okay to resend a query if an agent hasn't responded for months or should I take it as a rejection and try another agent?

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
If you think there's a chance it got stuck in a spam filter, try again. If not - and it's for the same project - pick someone else.

Take into consideration that WMA is in prep. for a merger at the moment so their times may be a bit skewed.

pjlove51

Precious Momma
Registered
Reaction score
My sister is with WMA and her agent is pretty much in charge of the merger, she can barely get him on the phone. If you can get signed my WMA you are really lucky.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
My sister is with WMA and her agent is pretty much in charge of the merger, she can barely get him on the phone. If you can get signed my WMA you are really lucky.

The lead literary agent due to the merger is Jennifer Rudolf Walsh, not a man.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score

My definition of lucky is an agent you can get on the phone, personally. :tongue

pjlove51

Precious Momma
Registered
Reaction score
My sister has been with them for along time. My brother-in-law's father was the movie director Frank Capra, all the Capra's have been with WMA. Starting with Frank way back when(He personally knew William Morris), and I know her agent is helping in some way with this merger. She was just telling me this last night.

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score

pjlove51

Precious Momma
Registered
Reaction score
Horses mouth

This woman is going to be HEAD of the LITERARY DEPT doesn't mean she did this merger. Mergers arn't done by just one person. My sister's agent did what he had to do over the last 2 weeks and now he's done. Trust me, I'm getting this info straight from the horses mouth. That's why if you sent a query to WMA it may take a little longer then normal. It's effecting every one!

Last edited:

frustratedguy

Registered
Reaction score
suzanne gluck

Does anyone have a feel for how the William Morris-Endeavor merger might be affecting response times to queries? I queried Suzanne Gluck two weeks ago and haven't heard a word. I'm wondering if I should chalk that up to the fact she's very busy or to the fact that she's very uninterested in my book.

Laura Lond

Registered
Reaction score
I have heard that WM often responds in 2 weeks, but often does not mean always, and keeping the merge in mind, it is likely to take longer right now. I am past the 2-week mark with them myself. No big deal, I can wait.

Vermilion

Sleepless in Asia
Registered
Reaction score
I e-queried Eugenie Furniss (London based) on 05/11/09 and received a request for full from her assistant on 05/12/09.

Saltier

Small towns fuel escapism
Registered
Reaction score
Wow that was fast! Also, congrats on your full!
Best wishes :)

wakeupwriting

Registered
Reaction score
With WMA, is it best to address a particular agent or send to the generic address for queries? I know as a rule of thumb it's best to address someone in particular, but honestly I can't find a list of agents on the site and of the ones I know of, I'd be happy to have any of the them represent me. What would you do? (I am in the US.)