• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Bob Mecoy Literary Agency (formerly Creative Book Services)

KAP

Hangin' with the gargies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keithpyeatt.com
Hi!

I just signed with Bob Mecoy. Here's the timeline: E-query sent on 10/29, he replied about twenty minutes later requesting the full. His offer came on Dec 1 via a telephone call. Yea me!

Prawn

Yay you is right. Congratulations, Prawn.

kap

MsGneiss

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Bob is a class act. He had my full when I received an offer from another agent. He was so courteous and kind, and a total professional. He must be wonderful to work with, and I think that you will be posting good news about a wonderful book deal very soon. All the best to you.

Robyn

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rgporter.net
congratz Prawn... I just emailed him a query letter for 3 of my novels that I just got my rights back to (they were with a very small press and needless to say I wasn't happy). I'm hoping I can hear something positive.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
My Mecoy stats:

Queried: 3/26
Request for full: 3/27

my artists make me wait . . .

Full sent in along with a little apology about having to be patient as my artists are working for free for now: 4/21

Good-humored acknowledgement: immediately

The waiting game: current

ETA: By the way, those dates are from 2009. I never heard back from Bob.

Last edited:

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
So, all you folks who were waiting to hear what Mecoy thought of your fulls -- ever hear back? Anyone else with any recent Bob Mecoy stories?

Droneon

Too clever by a third
Registered
Reaction score
Nudged after three and a half months with no word on partial. Form rejection followed two days later.

BethS

Registered
Reaction score
He hasn't abandoned fantasy. A friend of mine got repped by him this year for a fantasy novel, which will be published February 2011.

e.dashwood

Registered
Reaction score
I would not recommend this guy...my experience with him was lousy.

After requesting a full manuscript from me, he phoned me and said it was "terrific." He recommended a few changes and asked if I could trim it by about 10,000 words. I did so, sent it, he acknowledged receipt...and absolutely refused to respond after that. Not a peep. It's been a year and a half and I know he's still alive and kicking and representing people. So I consider this to be the absolute most unprofessional treatment I've yet received as a writer.

He asked me for a full proposal with all sorts of excitement ("oh hurry please") in his email, 3 mos ago, and never responded either. Seems like his habit.

Ditto. I had a very similar experience. Called me, and sounded like he was hot to trot. Sent in some more stuff, and never heard from him, despite a few attempts to reconnect.

Meanwhile, I found another agent, and my book was published 1.5 years ago.

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Nudged on a full at exactly 3 months expecting nothing, based on this thread and my poor novel's history. (In fact, I had trunked it.) Instead, he asked me to call him, wants to talk revision. All I was hoping for was closure. Now, I'm just banging my head on my desk. I've done numerous revise and resubs for this novel. Looks like the closure will be a few more weeks/months coming.

Yes, you can sign me--

Eeyore (who will open a nice-but-not-too-nice bottle of wine tonight--hey, why not?)

Prawn

Writing is finite,revising infinite
Registered
Reaction score
You will love talking to Bob. He is the nicest guy in the world to talk to. Good luck!

miamyselfandi

here and there again
Registered
Reaction score
He hasn't abandoned fantasy. A friend of mine got repped by him this year for a fantasy novel, which will be published February 2011.

Is it out now? Title?

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Any books coming out right now, he sold in the past. His website is a wash for anything beyond contact info. Neither PM and Author Advance show him as looking for fantasy right now. He may be the nicest guy in the world, but he's still another agent who has stopped looking at my genre.

Filigree

BethS

Registered
Reaction score
Repped by Mecoy

Just wanted to announce that I signed with Bob Mecoy a few weeks ago.

I submitted my full manuscript on a Friday, he read it over the weekend, and called the following Monday. Since the manuscript is very long, we talked about how it would be broken up into three volumes. He asked that I go ahead and do that and resubmit, which I did. Two weeks later he offered representation.

I have so far found him very personable, and I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with my work.

Oh, and I write fantasy. He is most definitely looking for good fantasy.

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, BethS! I'm so pumped to hear that he's signing new clients. He asked me for some revisions back in November, and I'm hoping to get them to him this month. (It has taken me a lot longer than I thought it would.)

My genre is, uh, foodie fiction.

Here's to a quick sale for you! *raises glass* *clink!*