Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, I own BW.

*throws into dungeon and locks*

tumblr_mcbkig32ty1qlefll.gif

ION: we were playing a board game this evening, and one of the questions involved the show Big Brother. My daughter turns to me and says, "What's Big Brother?"

I'm so proud!!!!!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Jeepers, you weren't kidding were you? I just looked up the US weather and got this from the national weather service

It goes on in that vein for some time.

Stay safe and warm and writing people.

It's even neater if you go to http://www.weather.gov/ and look at the warnings and watches map. Pink is Winter Storm Warning. Orange is Blizzard Warning. The light purple is merely a Winter Weather Advisory.

Originally, I was going to go home tomorrow. Instead, I will go home Friday, between snowstorms.

In other news, Bro, SiL, and niece have left. Mom, Dad, and I are now in separate rooms, being quiet. At 5, little miss niece is a whirlwind of loud energy. Especially since she was getting very tired. But she had a great time.

For Christmas, I got:

-A pair of touch-screen-happy winter gloves
-Spray-N-Grow plant food
-2 LED grow bulbs
-Fancy one-pull cork screw
-Chocolate almond honey nougat bar
-Bottle of Sandeman Founders Reserve Porto
-Bottle of Remy Martin fine Champagne Congnac
-A box of pears

The thing that had me the most excited? The grow bulbs! One of my grow bulbs burnt out and the LED bulbs use less electricity.

Mind you, I will thoroughly enjoy the booze. Over a long period of time. Least I get :e2drunk:.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What kinda plants are you putting under the led bulbs, Gina?

I have lettuce starts under a regular plant bulb, and my mature peppers are happy under their cool blue (?) regular shop bulbs. Both are near east facing windows to get some 'full' spectrum light as well.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I read Abby's quote in BigWords's signature, then found the context of said quote, and then I was all like, "Oh. ... ._."

Also: too much turkey. ._. I never thought it was possible, but it is true. One can eat too much turkey.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
:e2thud:

Christmas was long today, mostly because I'm so tired. But it was still a good time. My family is nuts as usual. I got some nice things. My aunt got all the nieces Coach pursues. I don't like the one she got for me, but I have the receipts.

I hope everyone enjoys what's left of the holiday.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
What kinda plants are you putting under the led bulbs, Gina?

I have lettuce starts under a regular plant bulb, and my mature peppers are happy under their cool blue (?) regular shop bulbs. Both are near east facing windows to get some 'full' spectrum light as well.

In this case, it's supplemental light for my lemon and my lime trees. And an orchid and some amaryllis. Everything else is under florescent grow lights on a baker's rack. And all the plants live in the sunroom which gets reasonable afternoon sun. You know, when there's sun. So they get a good mix of different light.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Nooooo. Bunnies are cute. Bunnies are funny.

I'm sure our Aussie peeps will disagree though...

:evil

Bunnies are evil, deserve to be shot like the pests they are, and all should swerve to run over them when they're on the road. Collasal amounts of money goes into killing the little blighters here, and there's a whopping great fence that literally spans Australia, in an attempt to keep them to one side of the country. The thing is 2021 miles in total.

Bunnies are the evillllluzs.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com

Bunnies are evil, deserve to be shot like the pests they are, and all should swerve to run over them when they're on the road. Collasal amounts of money goes into killing the little blighters here, and there's a whopping great fence that literally spans Australia, in an attempt to keep them to one side of the country. The thing is 2021 miles in total.

I am horrified by your lack of bunneh lovin'!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Yay for Starbucks!!!

Yay for bunneh humps!!!

Yay for cute British boys who enjoy getting publicly tormented!!!

And yay for pervy Krampus!!!

*snuggles Bettie*

*snuggles in return* *even shares low-calorie cocoa*

I will never, ever forget about you!

I am horrified by your lack of bunneh lovin'!

Sian, you must understand bunnies here in the US are not evil, they are an important part of the ecosystem: eating grass to shorten the verge, allowing fragile seeds to gain better traction in meadow soil, as well as feeding our medium sized predators. They are were they belong.

Abielle, you must understand that bunnies in Australia are destroying the fragile ecosystem of Australia. You know, the country with all the stinging, biting things that can kill you, but that somehow neglected to produce large scale predators other than the massive freaking crocodile. That ecosystem.

It's like an enigma wrapped up in a riddle and fried in lard. Inedible and confusing.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, Australia had some amazing predators. But then we nuked them from earth

New Zealand had a giant eagle...

So many species lost. And the moas...

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning :box:

It's boxing day right?

My microbes have made a come back. I have a sore throat and can hardly swallow and the entire right hand side of my face hurts from my ear to my jaw bone. I think my tube between my ear and my nose is blocked. Oh, and for the first time in weeks my hip extensor hurts. I have no idea why.

Merry christmas to me! :D

*Hands out beverages*

:Coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.