Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
It's a travel alarm clock.

Does that help any?

:roll:

I was imagining something more... elaborate. CD player, little KITT-like flashing light moving across the front... The kind of thing which I could sit and watch for hours. But a travel alarm clock?

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com

I was imagining something more... elaborate. CD player, little KITT-like flashing light moving across the front... The kind of thing which I could sit and watch for hours. But a travel alarm clock?

Yeah, you'd think so wouldn't you?

The problem is that it sits on the bookcase directly across the 6 feet of room in front of me, so it's kinda big.

I am now faced with Daffy Duck, much more appropriate.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
It's not fair. The first paragraph of a story is always the most difficult. And I don't like writing short stories to start with, so that makes it that much more irritating.

cameomac

Geek girl since 1977
Registered
Reaction score
Wow... I don't visit for a few days and the Cantina goes crazy(er).

Congrats to Tifferz, 10, and anyone else who I may have missed when I backread. Awesome news!

And thanks for the Captain Mal, Cobra Misfit. Always appreciated.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Rifling through shelves, flyers, and sites online to find something...special for breakfast. Cereal is cliche. :D

fried potatoes and hoecakes, that's what I'm having. The breakfast of (hillbilly) champions!!!

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
WARNING: Mean, Judgmental Kricket Incoming.

I just have to laugh when my sis-in-law tries to give me potty training advice. My niece turns 5 in a few weeks and is not anywhere near potty trained. The only thing I can glean from that is to do the opposite of her. Which is to actually try potty training my son.

/end Mean, Judgmental Kricket.

Not far beneath the surface, I'm a raging bitch.

:D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
fried potatoes and hoecakes, that's what I'm having. The breakfast of (hillbilly) champions!!!

If you combine those you get potato pancakes, which when done right are quite divine.

cook.gif

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just have to laugh when my sis-in-law tries to give me potty training advice. My niece turns 5 in a few weeks and is not anywhere near potty trained.

:Wha:

Yeah, I think it's safe to be judgemental about that.

My daughter trained pretty fast and easy, but then again we were in China and the in-laws there helped with that. They start conditioning early. And yes, that is the right word for how they go about it. It seemed a little weird at first... but it worked.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

My daughter trained pretty fast and easy, but then again we were in China and the in-laws there helped with that. They start conditioning early. And yes, that is the right word for how they go about it. It seemed a little weird at first... but it worked.

Girl's are, generally, faster than boys at this, from what I've heard.

And I think the method I'm using for Little K is working. But of course the one time he can have juice anytime, he doesn't want it. So I'm being a tricky Mommy and watering down his milk. :D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Do they make these?

Amazingly, yes - even after all these years. The one I have is about eight inches across, finished in glossy black (though it does look cheap when you get close, from a distance it is pretty cool). The LCD light isn't as sharp as it should be, but in the dark the thing looks freaking awesome.

And where can I get one?

No idea if you have them in the US, but there are shops here in the UK which are... eccentric. There are posters, cheap toys, various household things, a wide array of smoking paraphernalia, nasty sovereign rings, and sometimes things you might actually want to buy. The kind of shop where you can pick up a knock-off Spider-Man toy with triangle eyes, or any number of cheesy copyright infringing Power Ranger toys. I've spent a long time hunting through them for things which are a little "off". The strangeness appeals to me.

WARNING: Mean, Judgmental Kricket Incoming.

I just have to laugh when my sis-in-law tries to give me potty training advice. My niece turns 5 in a few weeks and is not anywhere near potty trained. The only thing I can glean from that is to do the opposite of her. Which is to actually try potty training my son.

/end Mean, Judgmental Kricket.

5?

*thinks*

Zoe was (IIRC) about two and a half when she decided that she didn't want to wear her diapers any more. Since then, she has only had a handful of accidents, but she is a mutant, so you can't judge what she does against normal behavior.

Hey guys! After a long absence, I'm happy to announce: I have returned. :D

The Cantina will suck you in...

*cues ominous music*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Amazingly, yes - even after all these years. The one I have is about eight inches across, finished in glossy black (though it does look cheap when you get close, from a distance it is pretty cool). The LCD light isn't as sharp as it should be, but in the dark the thing looks freaking awesome.

It suddenly occurs to me, and I don't know why it didn't before (or maybe it did and it's only now re-occurring to me):

KITT's back and forth light was pretty much the same as the Cylons, wasn't it?

So does this mean that the company that made KITT eventually made Cylons? Or made KITT from Cylons (all depending on how timelines go and which timeline at that).

:idea:

I'll leave you all to ponder that while I head in to work.

Last edited:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Wow... I don't visit for a few days and the Cantina goes crazy(er).

Congrats to Tifferz, 10, and anyone else who I may have missed when I backread. Awesome news!

And thanks for the Captain Mal, Cobra Misfit. Always appreciated.

Hey guys! After a long absence, I'm happy to announce: I have returned. :D

:hi: NP and cameomac

Nothing much here to report. I fell asleep lying on a warm buckwheat pillow and woke up to cats lying on me.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score

Every child is different. For me, Children 1 and 3 both trained within four days. Children 2 and 4 both took over a year to train; child 4 took almost three years, but then again, he had health issues that made potty training problematic.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
So does this mean that the company that made KITT eventually made Cylons? Or made KITT from Cylons (all depending on how timelines go and which timeline at that).

Dammit, Bos - now I am gonna spend the rest of the day thinking about updating my Wold Newton SF. *grinds teeth*

There's also a bunch of cheesy Asian SF flicks which stole homages the effect (not to great success).

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
The cat keeps demanding that I open the back door so she can see if it's safe to go outside yet. Of course, it's always my fault that the snow is still there, so she can't.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks. Not much to backread today- I'm already done. WB to NP, LAM and cameo.

Dear gravity: buy a real goddamn punching bag and stop using me as one. Kthnx.

Feeling physically cruddy 'cause I fell down some steps, the cement kind with all the little pebbles common to downtown Halifax. I will admit they do look pretty. Got road salt and silt from melting snow in all my scratches. Sleeping on a thin yoga mat on hardwood floor hasn't helped. Also have heartburn for the first time in years. Guh.

ION, the dude who just sat down across from me in the library looks like your standard stereotypical SFF secret agent, trenchcoat and black briefcase and all. He is wearing the dark glasses indoors. Gulp.

If I disappear, send tracking smibbles. :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
So guess who wrote a story out, scene by scene, on lots of little pieces of paper - and dropped the lot?

Note: this is why you bought post-it notes.

ION, concentration gone for a Burton, please pass :Coffee: and entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.