Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
If there's one thing I love about the MLP fandom, it's their love of crossovers.

:roll:

The main reason for being so... Not restrained, but careful, when I go to other forums, is the fact that I really could get lost for days and days with the RPGs and fanfic. I know it confuses people, but, damn - not giving up the ground I have eked away on the various Big Projects. As it is, a certain western project may have to be killed in order to make room for other things.

We're all warm and cocooned up here, plenty of food, for the moment. But I dread the idea of driving to church tomorrow morning through 20 miles of wet snow.

If you decide to go, please drive carefully. :)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Can't you ski? Luge? Bobsleigh? Skeleton?Snowboard?

There must be something...

horseback. But I doubt the horse would appreciate it. Nor would the Catlettsburg Police Department.

If you decide to go, please drive carefully. :)

Thank you, sweetie. If the weather's very bad, the preacher will cancel church. But if he doesn't, my husband has just said that he'll drive me. If he can manage an eighteen wheeler through a New York winter, he can get me to church.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, nice avvie BW!

The massive joke in using it is, apparently, lost on some people.

I may have to change it to something funnier... :D

If the weather's very bad, the preacher will cancel church. But if he doesn't, my husband has just said that he'll drive me.

Is the car set up to drive in bad weather? Like, does it have chains on, or however you get the vehicle set so that it is easier to get through the snow? I am already horrified by the stories others have been telling of their adventures driving in awful weather*.

*And, for the record, when I get told "I lost control of the car", immediately saying "don't worry" doesn't make me worry any less. Just saying...

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score

I may have to change it to something funnier... :D

Other than you having a smoking gun, I think the joke is lost on me too...

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Is the car set up to drive in bad weather? Like, does it have chains on, or however you get the vehicle set so that it is easier to get through the snow? I am already horrified by the stories others have been telling of their adventures driving in awful weather*.

*And, for the record, when I get told "I lost control of the car", immediately saying "don't worry" doesn't make me worry any less. Just saying...

Ummm.... no? I've from the South, and while I'm in the mountains, I'm not from deep in them, the way Stanley is. We just don't see bad weather here, not that often; I can remember when the honeysuckles bloomed on Christmas day. Two inches of snow is a big big deal here.

I've never even seen a set of tire chains, not until my husband showed me a picture on the internet. I don't know what my husband does to prepare the car. I know he puts weight in the back of the car to increase traction, and does something to the tires, but I don't know what.

Doesn't really inspire confidence, huh? Jim's the professional driver in the family. I trust him, because I'm hopeless in this regard.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got up early today and got a truckload of stuff done before lunch. Sometimes I wonder why I don't do this more often. And then I remember that bed > everything.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Other than you having a smoking gun, I think the joke is lost on me too...

I don't get it, if there is a joke, either.

(Although if it is of the subject matter that I suspect it is, then at least I have a good excuse. XD)

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Well, I got some writing in. And I've got a few more pages left in this galley that I have. So, hopefully, I can get it done and get the review posted soon. I also have some studying and stuff to do today.

I don't know what book I'm going to read next yet.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I read once that Stephen King is a discovery writer. He says he starts with a character, throws him into a situation, and then watches what happens.

Is that how the discovery writers here do it?

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I read once that Stephen King is a discovery writer. He says he starts with a character, throws him into a situation, and then watches what happens.

Sometimes. It's rarely the main character if that happens though, but usually an antagonist if the idea of a story springs from an idea for a character.

Most of the time, my stories just start with a concept, whether it be for a problem which the characters have to deal with, some sort of magic or creature, or something which could happen to the main characters. Characters usually come later in the planning process, once I've decided what role the protagonist of the story would fill and those who they would encounter along the way.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. Gay western character on my avvie - when all (or most) of what I do is torment and amuse Abby. :D I know - I can be such a child at times. :e2tongue:

Okay, so it is probably too obscure. I was gonna use a Divine avvie at first... Too obvious.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. Gay western character on my avvie - when all (or most) of what I do is torment and amuse Abby. :D I know - I can be such a child at times. :e2tongue:

Okay, so it is probably too obscure. I was gonna use a Divine avvie at first... Too obvious.
If you'd used the Divine avvie... I still wouldn't have gotten the joke but it would have amused me for an entirely different reason. Provided me and you are thinking of the same Divine...

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
Then yes, we are thinking of the same person. Though I've never actually sat down and watched that film and have no intentions of doing so any time remotely soon.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
It is a brilliant film, with some of the most interesting people populating it - not an easy film, by any means, but the painfully mainstream remake hurts my soul by comparison.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back and feel a bit better. At least well enough to get out of bed and do things, like take care of the kids and stuff. Colds suck the life and energy out of me and I don't like it.

Anyway, I've got cleaning and stuff to do and then I'll be editing the rest of the day. I should be able to make this deadline for the Secret Short. :)

How is your weekend going so far?

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
It is a brilliant film, with some of the most interesting people populating it - not an easy film, by any means, but the painfully mainstream remake hurts my soul by comparison.
I've seen a review of said film... and while it looks bizarre, it just doesn't seem like the kind of film for me.

I'm more familiar with Divine for her musical efforts, particularly her being responsible for one of my favourite songs to drunk-dance to. Though truth be told I do prefer the more recent cover version.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
horseback. But I doubt the horse would appreciate it. Nor would the Catlettsburg Police Department.

Well, I can understand the horse objecting, but why would the police department object? Or do you not have a hitching rail outside your church and so leaving the horse outside would count as an illegally parked animal which probably isn't covered in their code or something?

ION, I have had chocolate. Too late, you missed it. There will be ice cream shortly.

*Looks suspiciously at sugar intake. Decides not to care on this occasion*

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I can understand the horse objecting, but why would the police department object? Or do you not have a hitching rail outside your church and so leaving the horse outside would count as an illegally parked animal which probably isn't covered in their code or something?

It would be a violation of the littering code. Horses have a tendency to poop. A lot. And very few are housebroken. Plus, the only place to tie him up would be in the funeral home parking lot, and, while Mr. Collier likes my piano playing, I seriously doubt he'd like my horse messing up his nice piece of property.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I've just had a very innapropriate conversation with my mother... okay, so she was talking about actual sausages and I was speaking entirely in innuendo, but still. :D

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com

Yes. But I often have a lot of trouble thinking up the appropriate scene to throw my MC into.

I normally have a very general idea - eg, teenage girl interacts with what everyone thinks are monsters and somehow gains power in a brewing civil war.

You can't get a starting scene out of that however, so a lot of time is spent figuring out what scene best challenges the character for the story I want to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.