Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm all freaking out every time I receive an email 'cause I think it's a reply on MAAH. I can't break this cycle.

ETA: I'm like GAH THIS IS A SUCKY TERRIBLE BOOK WHY DID I DO THIS I BET S/HE HATES IT GAH.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Aw, thanks, Ely.

I am just SO SURE they won't like it. I stalk their twitters incessantly.

One agent: (replying to a tweet) I love biblical retellings! Though not ones that focus primarily on religions. Otherwise, query away!

Me: oh my gosh oh my gosh maah talks about religion there are religious themes in maah oh my gosh i bet i've offended her i bet that is terrible and crappy and stupid oh my gosh what have I done?

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
(((Tally))) "Suckitis" seems to be going on around today. I've seen it in other writers today too. Hang in there, girlie!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
BUT IT IS WONDERFUL. IT MAKES ME BE LIKE THIS:

tumblr_lxbwhnlVmC1qbwch3.gif

AND THERE ARE VERY FEW THINGS THAT MAKE ME BE LIKE THAT.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Aww, thanks, Lisa.

I'm just a teeny bit on edge.

Oh, and I learned that at my school, next year (when I'll be gone) their Christmas play is Alice in Wonderland.

RAWR

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Is Touch any good?

I know I don't need any more tv show obsessions but it does sound like something I'd like.

I think maybe I'll outline/take notes for an hour. Then afterwards I'll put on Grey's Anatomy and start my homework. *nods* Life is SO much easier when I have a plan.

TOUCH IS AMAZING!!!!

Anyway Hi everyone, so yesterday has finally passed. I think it went well. I got pretty nervous when i was up there but only rambled nervously once, so i felt that was good. And what i didnt know was that the professor i was worried about asking me questions (the one who just studies this stuff for fun) was sitting next to my friend and during my presentation was nodding and mumbling "Yep" SO APPARENTLY I GOT MY SHIT RIGHT!!! I'm also glad that I wasn't the worst public speaker. Ironically that would be shared by the two most arrogant and assholish kids in my class. The two i hate because they constantly put me down although i hate them i couldn't help but fell really bad for them. One was shaking his voice quivering like a leaf as he said "Um" every other word. The other would just forget what to say and stand there silently for half a minute.

But then after the stupid presentation I had to stand next to my poster for two and a half hours!!! While people from the school walked around looking at them. Only two people came over to mine really. I didnt care, i really didnt want to talk to anyone.

And when I came home to pass out it turns out my mom had a bunch of congratulation presents. One of which made me break down and cry. She got me a little book with silver edged pages that has a silver pen on it and has writen "Just keep writing..." and inside my mom wrote. "Dear Ally, never stop writing. Follow your Dreams, We believe in you, Love Mom and Grandmom."

I broke down for really no reason when i read that and my mom was like "OH MY GOD did i write something wrong?" but i guess i was just really happy, not to mention exhausted because i was up for like 24 hours.

Anyway how is everyone else?

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
My friends who i havent been able to see in like a year because they moved away to grad school are coming up today and text to see me!!!

I'm actually really excited because they were two I didn't know if i'd see again since me and Will broke up.

Oh God... I hope they don't invite him too. Oh shit never even thought of that.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Lisa... Except that's the school I'm leaving, so I won't BE there.

That sounds so great Ally!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
D:

So, my short story is just over 2K, and not quite finished yet.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm working lights for a show my sister's doing, and... This is boring. It's all little kids and they really don't know what they're doing... My sister is in the older cast and this is the younger cast, so...

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
xD It's mostly from exhaustion. I can't remember not being sick. It doesn't bother me, anymore, really.

ETA: Not true- I'm not really sick right now, but it'll be back soon. Chronic sinus problems! But even though I get sick a lot, I'm not sickly.