The Bouncy Castle in Space

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly---My oldest daughter's bday is Valentines Day! :D (I know--Awww, how cool is that!) So it's always been kinda her day and valentines day for the rest of us is basically cards and candy while we have cake for the bday girl!! :)

Butterbean

This boy just ain't right
Registered
Reaction score
Robstown,Texas..Birthplace of Texas hold 'em
Website
www.storiesfrommikeysworld.com
Honestly---My oldest daughter's bday is Valentines Day! :D (I know--Awww, how cool is that!) So it's always been kinda her day and valentines day for the rest of us is basically cards and candy while we have cake for the bday girl!! :)

Honey, I'll bet that's fun for her to have a holiday birthday, but one day there will be some poor guy that gets killed when he tries to combine both Valentines day and her birthday into one gift.:roll:

On top of my Valentines day delima, my wifes birthday is February 17th.:rant:

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Yep!!! :ROFL: Double trouble!!! And oohhh, I'm thinking chocolate covered strawberries are sounding awesomeness!! You can do them yourself ya know!! This is turning into a fantasy conversation! :roll: Better just stick with the mushy card! :D And the toaster over for her BDay!!

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
We aren't doing anything for Vday this year, or any year really, but I do love to go away with my husband for a day or two when we can manage. Mostly because when we are at home we have so many things we HAVE to do, we don't give each other the love and attention we deserve. Away from the kids, the job and the laundry, we can just spend time together.

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Okay ladies, I want to ask your opinion. Do women really prefer to get those sappy romantic cards over the funny (snoopy) cards for Valentines day? I'm asking before I go buy this years card.

I've been married (to the same women) for 24 years and I've known my wife since the 8th grade. I think that after all these years of funny (snoopy type :)) cards my wife might think something is going on if I came home this year with a romantic card.

Wouldn't you think, he's up to something or he's done something he shouldn't have?

But a card, dinner out and flowers every year I'm sure is getting old. I've cooked many of dinners at home also but that doesn't mean anything because I do most of the cooking.

My two boys and I prefer it that way, if you know what I mean. :)

Maybe I'll look into a toaster oven. :ROFL:
I wouldn't assume my husband was running around if he gave me a sappy card. There would have to be a lot more going on than that to make such an accusation! :)
My husband does most of the cooking too, so I see what you mean about that. Going out to dinner, just the two of you, to a nice restaraunt never hurts. Honestly, I think it's nice that you're putting so much thought into this! My husband will wait till a week after and say, "Wait, when's Valentines Day?"
BIG NO on the toaster oven gift idea!! ;)

I just read that her birthday is in Feb too. Why don't you go away for a night for both? I don' think that's a crime. It's not like you're combing her birthday and Christmas or something.

Last edited:

Butterbean

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Honestly, I think it's nice that you're putting so much thought into this!

My husband will wait till a week after and say, "Wait, when's Valentines Day?"
BIG NO on the toaster oven gift idea!! ;)

Thank you, ladies of the AW Bouncy Castle.

I've been having a lot of fun with this and you ladies have given me some great ideas for a little something different. If I were a woman and recieved flowers and a card every year I think it would get old.

Now most men on the other hand are usually only looking for one gift on Valentines day, a gift that he never complains about getting year after year, but that gift is always better if her gift is special.:Hug2: :hooray:

I may have to settle for socks.:ROFL:

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know---it's looking like a night out is getting some points here!! :ROFL: Give her socks with hearts all over them (if you can find them) and slip a hotel key/card inside of it!! ooooo I'm getting better!! :D

Butterbean

Registered
Reaction score
Website

Now most men on the other hand are usually only looking for one gift on Valentines day, a gift that he never complains about getting year after year, but that gift is always better if her gift is special.:Hug2: :hooray:

I don't know---it's looking like a night out is getting some points here!! :ROFL: Give her socks with hearts all over them (if you can find them) and slip a hotel key/card inside of it!! ooooo I'm getting better!! :D

:roll:Honey, I ment us men are looking to recieve only one gift, our minds stay in the gutter.

I'll probably only get a pair of socks, now maybe my socks will have a hotel room key inside. :snoopy::hooray::partyguy:

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, ladies of the AW Bouncy Castle.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
This reminds me of the year I spent working in a factory office. Come Valentine's, all the women I worked with were PISSED with their sweeties. Why? Because the poor slobs gave them the flowers at HOME, instead of sending a ginormous bouquet to work where the girls could really show it off.

I tell yah, with some women, you just can't win. But I bet butterbean didn't marry one of those!

What about a scavenger hunt? I do those for my boys on Easter--the eggs are hidden with clues about where to find the next one. Get her a bunch of small things--a single rose, a little box of chocolates, a copy of a menu from a fancy restaurant--and hide them.

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
This reminds me of the year I spent working in a factory office. Come Valentine's, all the women I worked with were PISSED with their sweeties. Why? Because the poor slobs gave them the flowers at HOME, instead of sending a ginormous bouquet to work where the girls could really show it off.

I tell yah, with some women, you just can't win. But I bet butterbean didn't marry one of those!

What about a scavenger hunt? I do those for my boys on Easter--the eggs are hidden with clues about where to find the next one. Get her a bunch of small things--a single rose, a little box of chocolates, a copy of a menu from a fancy restaurant--and hide them.
I'd like a home made coupon book, with promises of wonderful things to come. Laundry, dishes, dinners, hugs, kisses, etc.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Actually, I hate getting flowers at the office. To me, it feels like the guy's trying to impress the people I work with, instead of doing something nice for me. Does that make sense?

But I'm not a look-at-me sort of gal. I don't like lots of attention. People never seem to understand that, since I'm a trial attorney. But when I'm in court, it's not a look-at-me thing; it's a look-at-my-client thing. And there's a HUGE difference.

So, no man had better ever propose to me at a football game. He'll be met with a great big you-must-not-know-me-at-all NO.

(geez. Would you all stop LOOKING AT ME? I don't like it. :D)

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I meant to also say that the scavenger hunt is a great idea. I like that sort of thing. One of my ex-boyfriends used to leave little notes and surprises for me in my lunch (like a cookie, or candy). It was cute. And so was he, come to think of it.

Wonder what ever happened to him... ? ;)

Butterbean

Registered
Reaction score
Website
But I bet butterbean didn't marry one of those!

My wife would definitely shoot me if I sent flowers to work. She works for a dentist and a couple of the other girls have done that and my wife has said I better not ever do that. I do listen, now on some things I might not remember, but I do listen. I think that's how I've lasted this long. :D

Nice idea Judy a scavenger hunt would be a great idea. But where would I find Easter eggs?this time of the year??

Just kidding, If I do that I'll try and find some little heart shaped boxes.;)

Butterbean

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'd like a home made coupon book, with promises of wonderful things to come. Laundry, dishes, dinners, hugs, kisses, etc.

Alanna, The boys and I already get that list weekly. My wife goes to school four nights a week. When the boys and I get home there is ALWAYS a list of chores on the kitchen counter that says....dishes in the dishwasher take out and put away, clothes in dryer fold and put away, vaccum house all of the house, clean up your room that means you too dad. You would think shes leaving notes to kids.:rant:

Oh yeah I forgot she has three boys, one nine, one thirteen, and one husband.:D

At work I tell the others guys, "I run things around MY house."

I just don't tell them it's things like the vaccum cleaner, the dish washer, the washing machine, the dryer etc...:roll:

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL: Mike--if you're really good at hiding things, it might take her till Easter to find it!! I like the idea! Heart shaped boxes are easy to find at the local dollar store! We are all wishing you the best of luck and you'll definitely have to let us know what you did and what her reaction was!!

On second thought......maybe not!! :ROFL:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Honey, I'll bet that's fun for her to have a holiday birthday, but one day there will be some poor guy that gets killed when he tries to combine both Valentines day and her birthday into one gift.:roll:

On top of my Valentines day delima, my wifes birthday is February 17th.:rant:
Have you thought about combining the gifts? :D

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL: That's just downright :evil Have you completely lost your marbles!? :crazy:
You want poor Mike to be :e2chain: into little pieces?? His wife would hang him or :sword him to death!!

Bad dragon...you must return to you lair and come back with something a little more loving!! :Hug2:

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got my Valentine's Day gift today! And I am such a hypocrite, because I said earlier that I don't like to receive gifts at the office... but I had my gift shipped to the office. :D

Everyone LOVES it. ;)

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
FYI - STICKIES

Hey --

All Things Middle Grade, Talk About the Kidlit You're Reading, and timp's Party Thread are all stickies now. Did you notice?

Easier access and all that. :D

:)Smish

Butterbean

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Have you thought about combining the gifts? :D

:ROFL: That's just downright :evil Have you completely lost your marbles!? :crazy:
You want poor Mike to be :e2chain: into little pieces?? His wife would hang him or :sword him to death!!

Bad dragon...you must return to you lair and come back with something a little more loving!! :Hug2:

Jed I was going to answer your question, but Honey already did.:roll::roll:

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
yay for stickies...!

It always reminds me of those gummy hands my boys used to get out of the vending machines. You stretch them and fling them and they stick to walls. Until they get so covered in dust and cat hair that they don't stick anymore.

So I think of all our brilliant observations, clinging to the wall somewhere...

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yay for stickies...!

It always reminds me of those gummy hands my boys used to get out of the vending machines. You stretch them and fling them and they stick to walls. Until they get so covered in dust and cat hair that they don't stick anymore.

So I think of all our brilliant observations, clinging to the wall somewhere...

I LOVE that!

And I love that my three favorite AW threads are easy to find now. :D