Flash fiction critiques requested

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to remind the Flash Fiction forum members that we have our own feedback sub-forum, Polished and Ready. I think that if you've never logged into that room, updated threads within it won't appear on the New Posts page. If members have a bit of time, please consider taking a look at the latest uploads. The password for the room is flashed.

Currently, we have two pieces that haven't received any feedback (at least, not within the threads). If anyone who has uploaded a piece is looking for (more) critiques, please feel free to post in this thread to let people know.

Bigglesworth

Registered
Reaction score
'Twasn't the night before Christmas, yet all through the forum not a creature was stirring... Where are all you flashers? =)

Just thought I'd take Sophia up on her offer and lay a discreet pointer to the 140 words I dropped into the P&R subforum a couple of days ago: The Messenger, ready and waiting for your comments and crit!

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't get onto that sub-forum. I clicked your links and the links from the post before yours, and keyed in "flashed." ???

Bigglesworth

Registered
Reaction score
Odd, I can still access them. I've dropped a note into Tech Help in case there are shenanigans afoot.

Btw, I'm sure it was just a typo but the password you enter mustn't end with the full-stop, it's just "flashed"

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't get onto that sub-forum. I clicked your links and the links from the post before yours, and keyed in "flashed." ???

You might want to log out, clear your cookies and cache, and then try again.

holy_shiitake

KB1VWJ
Registered
Reaction score
I just posted in there last night... any crits would be greatly appreciated and the favor would be returned!

CheshireGrin

Registered
Reaction score
I love flash fiction...I'm super busy, but I'll critique as many as I can. I'm always happy to help :)

SakuraReyna

Writing once, twice, and forever.
Registered
Reaction score
Beta reader needed for Romance Flash Fiction

I posted this in a different thread, but I found this one for Flash fiction and thought I'd post it here...I hope this is where it goes:

One of my biggest weaknesses as a writer is character motivation, and that is the one thing that is dragging me down in my first attempt to write a flash fiction romance story. I'm not sure if boredom is a strong enough motivation for my female heroine in this case, and I would appreciate some advice and pointers in solving this problem. I can send the first draft as a Microsoft Word Document or any other format if needed. Please send me a message via this forum or my Twitter page in my signature if you are interested. Here is a summary of my story:

Title: Crushed Flowers
Summary:
University student Shira Nelson has nothing to complain about. She lives on the other side of the city of Avalon's Golden Gate, nicknamed "Heaven," where the clean, wanted, and rich citizens reside. She has no reason to even wonder about the life on the other side of the gate...bet you can't guess its' nickname, and it's where the worst of the worst survive. Curiosity gets the better of her, though and it doesn't kill her. It leads her straight into the Devil's arms....and he's got much more than bewitching eyes and a spotty criminal past..

Length: A little over 1000 words so far (Flash fiction is supposed to be that short, from what I've read).

LonnieG

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
YOWFF 7 919 words - in Polished and Ready

Sorry for not posting the title.

The Tea Set has been up on Polished and Ready for a few days. I would like to hear your comments if you have time.

Thanks in advance.

LonnieG

praktikle1

Registered
Reaction score
Critique PLease

I posted a Flash Fiction in Polished and Ready on 10/17/14. It's call 7455 sunny Island Blvd. If anyone has a chance, could you please take a look.

praktikle1

Registered
Reaction score
Still Waiting

I really would like an honest critique...
Polished and Ready
7455 Sunny Island Blvd

Thank You

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You might want to put it in the main SYW section instead. It gets a lot more traffic.

praktikle1

Registered
Reaction score
Revision

I revised 7455 Sunny Island Blvd if someone wants to critique..
It is the one near the bottom of the thread.
It was posted a few threads back on 11/22/2014.

Last edited: