The Comedy Cabaret holiday workshop in which cray becomes a raving lunatic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I just got an email from a former friend I haven't heard from since 2008. She stopped speaking to me during the 2008 primary season because I didn't adore Obama the way she did. I am not kidding -- that is why the friendship ended.

Anyway. I thought perhaps she was regretting calling me a closet racist (because who but a racist could fail to recognize Obama as a messiah?), etc., and wanted to mend fences. But no. It is a mass email trolling for charitable donations -- she's on the charity's board of directors.

How nice to know she kept my email address for occasions such as this.

c.e.lawson

Registered
Reaction score
I just got an email from a former friend I haven't heard from since 2008. She stopped speaking to me during the 2008 primary season because I didn't adore Obama the way she did. I am not kidding -- that is why the friendship ended.

Anyway. I thought perhaps she was regretting calling me a closet racist (because who but a racist could fail to recognize Obama as a messiah?), etc., and wanted to mend fences. But no. It is a mass email trolling for charitable donations -- she's on the charity's board of directors.

Why doesn't that surprise me? People who would end a friendship like that don't bother with other social etiquette standards.

On another note of absolute horror -- I'm heading to the mall to finish my Christmas shopping. Pray for me.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I shall never have a tupperware party. Though I do have some tupperware.

Why doesn't that surprise me? People who would end a friendship like that don't bother with other social etiquette standards.

On another note of absolute horror -- I'm heading to the mall to finish my Christmas shopping. Pray for me.

Bless you, sister, for you will need it.

What's rather amusing is that the argument that clinched it for her was one in which I advocated Hillary Clinton over Obama during the primary season. It's not even like I was talking up Sarah Palin. But no -- anyone who argued that Hillary had more experience, etc. could only be doing so because of secret racist motivations. What's even funnier is that until Obama burst onto the scene, she'd been a much more enthusiastic advocate of Hillary than I ever was or could be. I'd bet my IRA that's the candidate she's supporting for 2016.

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
You need to see to it that her name gets put onto a Sara Palin mailing list.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score

You are an evil man, Haggis. That is why I love you so.

Now that I have her updated email address, I think I'll do it. It will drive her mad.

tiddlywinks

Chaser of Shineyyyy Plot Bunnies
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trying to Remember Where I Stashed My Muse
Website
www.elainewitt.com
Yah for Cass finding a new friend to take her to The Bad Plus!!!

My husband, much as he loves me dearly, just looked at me earlier in the month when I was getting ready to buy tickets and said "you can either have me for jazz or Shakespeare. Please, dear god, not both." I'd rather have him for Shakespearean plays. I know he's a closet jazz hater, though he sat through all my performances years ago when I used to play. The man has no sense of rhythm. At all. But he will gladly discuss Shakespeare with me so he has his redeeming qualities :D

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm concerned that ng is a member of the IRA.

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
SR ... leave the new girl alone. She's in love with one guy and engaged with another. Neither of them is you.

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Wait, I've lost track. With whom am I in love now?

Oh, Haggis. Well, everyone loves Haggis. He's a chick magnet.

ETA:

And trust me, Porter -- if I get engaged, you'll be the first second forty-second four hundredth and second ...
well, I'll probably mention it eventually, maybe.

Last edited:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I just got an email from a former friend I haven't heard from since 2008. She stopped speaking to me during the 2008 primary season...
Anyway. I thought perhaps she...wanted to mend fences. But no. It is a mass email trolling for charitable donations -- she's on the charity's board of directors.

Yikes and ouch. I know some people like this, who supposedly were friends but the only time they ever called/emailed/corresponded was when they wanted me to attend something akin to a Tupperware party so they could sell me stuff and get free jewelry from the company.

Yes, I totally agree about some people and proper etiquette.

I hope you survived the mall. This was supposed to be the busiest shopping day of the year according to the expert analysts. Not the best day for deals, just the one where all last-minute shoppers would be rushing the check-out-line.

...But since you've been here, I'm pretty sure you went armed with a big stick and beat them back so you could get through :D

What's rather amusing is that the argument that clinched it for her was one in which I advocated Hillary Clinton over Obama during the primary season. ...she'd been a much more enthusiastic advocate of Hillary than I ever was or could be. I'd bet my IRA that's the candidate she's supporting for 2016.

WOW. Just wow.

Yes, or some other lovely mailing list where they send lots of Republican based mail to their constituents.

You are an evil man, Haggis. That is why I love you so.

Now that I have her updated email address, I think I'll do it. It will drive her mad.

Hehehehee... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.