Australian publishers open their doors to submissions

AussieBilly

Beach sand in his ear ...
Registered
Reaction score
Any Aussie writers out there in AbsuluteWriter land? My question is, does anyone have experience with any of the AU publishers who are open to accepting submissions?
Pan Mcmillian Australia developed Manuscript Monday. This is open on the first Monday of the month, between the hours of 10am and 4pm EST, to writers with a completed manuscript via email. Response, if interested in three months.
Allen & Unwin, an AU publishing house producing about 250 titles per year, has Friday Pitch. A form filled with questions and submission of a synopsis and first chapters will get a reading and, if interested, response in three months.
Penguin Group (Australia) accepts unsolicited manuscripts between the 1st to the 7th of every month.
HarperCollins are seeking unsolicited manuscripts from aspiring authors in Australia, New Zealand and around the world. They call their method, the Wednesday Post and will accept submissions on any Wednesday.
Okay... that all sounds good and I for one am grateful. But I wonder... does anyone have experience, good or bad, with any of these.
Thanks............

kelliewallace

Registered
Reaction score
I've submitted to every single one of those and got rejections from each one. Unless you've written the great Australian novel they want nothing to with you. Pantera Press is another good one to try. Ive had rejections from them too but they accept agent free ms's all year round.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been pubbed by Pan Mac and by Allen and Unwin. Both houses are gorgeous.