Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Excuse me while I go squeal my head off over Carol Danvers Captain Marvel and The Inhumans (where the dog in my avatar's from.)

I'm actually kind of surprised they're going with Danvers as Captain Marvel. That title is one of Marvel's reboots. I expected them to use the new one.

HeavilyMedicated

Registered
Reaction score
Excuse me while I go squeal my head off over Carol Danvers Captain Marvel and The Inhumans (where the dog in my avatar's from.)

I've been squealing over Captain Marvel and Black Panther. :D

I've been loving Lockjaw's guest appearances in Ms. Marvel.

Last edited:

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm actually kind of surprised they're going with Danvers as Captain Marvel. That title is one of Marvel's reboots. I expected them to use the new one.

Probably done to counter their Distinguished Competition's Wonder Woman movie, as fans have been loud in demanding a female led comic book superhero movie for a couple of years now.

Make mine Marvel and DC!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGwuoYKhqx8 <-- The link on YouTube (via Marvel, all legal) in case the other link won't load for you.

I'm amending my earlier assumption that Cap will be the one to pick up the hammer. It's going to be Black Widow. That was a "she will be worthy" lead-in if I ever heard one. (Her saying "that's not a question I need answered")

In the middle of a battle they're losing, her motives for picking up the hammer will be pure (i.e. saving lives and protecting her friends / earth), therefore she will be worthy. Disney/Marvel get their nod to new Thor being a woman, and Black Widow gets her absolution for her past.

"Nothing lasts forever," is probably Natasha patronizing Thor after the battle when he realizes what she's done."

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
Reading up on the for-the-fans discussion here after watching the second trailer. I'm somewhere in the middle - invested in the characters with some Marvel universe knowledge, but not really in the loop on all the continuities. So the destruction montage in the trailer and even the Ultron stuff left me a bit ... lukewarm. Then it got to one shot that got me really excited: the ballet dancers. To me, this means one thing I've been waiting for since she first appeared in the movies: Black Widow backstory!

And you gotta love that scene of the Avengers just hanging out, having fun with Thor's hammer (and I really should have thought that term through some more before typing it out. Oh well). Thor's look when Cap actually moves it just a tiny bit? priceless.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Ultron's got himself an origin story:

http://io9.com/avengers-2-art-reveals-ultrons-new-origin-story-1676484607

"First discovered as a simple computer program hidden among the ruins of the Chitauri invasion of New York, the being known as Ultron soon completed it's development into a sophisticated artificial intelligence after some experimentation by Tony Stark. Ultron's first shocking ultimatum upon gaining consciousness was to declare the human race its enemy. Setting out to exterminate all life on the planet, the unstable and emotional Ultron seeks to upgrade its mechanical body to an ultimate, unstoppable form. With an army of robotic drones and the ability to enter and corrupt any computer network, Ultron will stop at nothing to see humanity wiped out."

The concept art for the Vision's okay, though I'm not sure why they went with that color palette, as it's very close to Thanos's.

A_Read

Registered
Reaction score
What does everyone think of the new Age of Ultron trailer? Just saw it on TV, not sure where it is online, but more shots of the hulk-buster suit and a shot of Thor with his lightning/electricity being used against him (maybe?), among other things...

I thought it looked amazing!

Last edited:

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Not just good...it looks AWESOME!

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
I really cannot wait to see this movie.

Darron

Always trust a geologist
Registered
Reaction score
I saw the trailer the other night too and the Hulk's eyes stuck out to me. They were red and a google search showed speculation he may be under someone's control. Thoughts?

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
PLEASE do more with Black Widow. There've been flashes of a sarcastic humor to her that I'd love to see come out.

There's a Black Widow movie confirmed for 2016/2017.

It's confirmed Black Widow and Hawkeye will have much bigger roles in Avengers 2 than they did in Avengers.

The ballet scene in the trailer indicates a mission for Widow, as she has worked undercover as a ballerina in the comics.

I know none of that garauntees more character development, but it is a prerequisite.
Voltron is a mid-80's Japanese cartoon that was sort of a Transformers / Power Rangers hybrid, with a sword.

Wow, that brought me back to my childhood.

If Voltron is in this movie, I think I want to watch it more. :D

Avengers: Age of Voltron. Guest starring Buffy, Colonel Jack O'Neill, and the cast of Yu-Gi-Oh!
Just remember this is a Whedon movie, not just a Disney one. He WILL kill your favorites at some point. He might bring them back later, but someone you like is going to die.

As long as Bucky Barnes is alive, I'm fine with whoever dies. As soon as Evans-as-Steve is out of the picture, whether due to death or retirement or whatever else, then if they kill Bucky I'm done watchin'.

But Sebastian Stan is signed on for 9 films, so I doubt that's an issue.

I'm very interested in the other characters and their storylines, and I don't necessarily need Bucky to be the next Captain America or anything (although I'll sure take it if it happens). But given a decent and meaningful death, I can live with losing Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, Iron Man, Fury, even Loki.
No, it won't be. The writing and directing team of Cap 3 have already said that Evans will be Cap in Cap 3 and that they have no intention of changing to the Bucky or Falcon versions of Cap in the foreseeable future.

And seeing as Cap 3 has the Civil War stuff, they definitely wouldn't kill him off before that. Who else could spearhead whatever cinematic equivalent they come up with to the anti-registration movement?
Probably done to counter their Distinguished Competition's Wonder Woman movie, as fans have been loud in demanding a female led comic book superhero movie for a couple of years now.

Make mine Marvel and DC!

Widow > Wonder Woman.

Of course, that's not saying much, because Widow > almost everyone.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Looking at the trailers and TV spots, and knowing that Marvel's got a Black Panther movie in the pipeline, do you think they'll introduce the character in this film?

The sleeker version of Ultron definitely isn't the same body as the "puppet" version from the "tower party" scene. Since they keep showing Cap's shield broken in half, I'm thinking Ultron will make a stop in Africa for some vibranium to make himself a new "indestructible" body. Ultron will KO the Avengers, leaving an opening for someone to take up Thor's hammer to save them (likely Black Widow, IMO, which would put her very close to repeating the scene from Avengers 1 where she closes the vortex with the scepter.)

There's also some chatter that "Grey" Hulk will be in this one. It seems that one of the Lego sets is being released with a grey-skinned hulk, instead of a green one. Go back and look at the trailer, and it's possible that one of the Hulk sequences is grey, but it could also be a difference in light filters on the whole scene. The "hulk-buster" fight looks more vibrant.

Last edited:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Looking at the trailers and TV spots, and knowing that Marvel's got a Black Panther movie in the pipeline, do you think they'll introduce the character in this film?

The mysterious Black woman seen disrobing is thought to possibly be T'challa's sister, Shuri. I would not be surprised to see the Panther show up since the character played by Andy Serkis sporting a gun is rumored to be Ulysses Klaw, the Panther's arch-enemy.

Cyia said:
The sleeker version of Ultron definitely isn't the same body as the "puppet" version from the "tower party" scene. Since they keep showing Cap's shield broken in half, I'm thinking Ultron will make a stop in Africa for some vibranium to make himself a new "indestructible" body. Ultron will KO the Avengers, leaving an opening for someone to take up Thor's hammer to save them (likely Black Widow, IMO, which would put her very close to repeating the scene from Avengers 1 where she closes the vortex with the scepter.)

I doubt the Black Widow will be hefting Mjolnir anytime soon. Remember when Stark and the others try to lift Thor's hammer only Cap is able to even budge it and Natasha flat out passes on trying. If Captain America isn't "worthy" to wield Thor's hammer, how's the Black Widow gonna measure up?

As far as Wakanda's vibranium's supply goes, that might also be the weapon the Avengers will need to destroy Ultron. At least that's the way it has played out in the comic books, though Joss Whedon may have other ideas.

There's also some chatter that "Grey" Hulk will be in this one. It seems that one of the Lego sets is being released with a grey-skinned hulk, instead of a green one. Go back and look at the trailer, and it's possible that one of the Hulk sequences is grey, but it could also be a difference in light filters on the whole scene. The "hulk-buster" fight looks more vibrant.
This is the second mention of the Grey Hulk showing up I've come across today and after seeing the Super Bowl TV spot, I understand why. That would be quite a move because the Grey Hulk is not only smart, he's mean.

I really don't need any more priming of the pump. Gimme my damn ticket! :rant:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
If Captain America isn't "worthy" to wield Thor's hammer, how's the Black Widow gonna measure up?

If I'm right about her hefting the hammer, which is total speculation, I figure it'll be one of those "heat of battle" moments. Thor's down. Cap's down, etc. The only weapon in reach is the hammer, and the only thought in her head is protecting her friends and all of the other lives Ultron could destroy, making her - for that moment - worthy of wielding it. It's a scenario that gets Marvel their nod to "female" Thor.

In the loft, the guys are posturing. None of them is going at the hammer with any sort of honorable notion in the action.

This is the second mention of the Grey Hulk showing up I've come across today and after seeing the Super Bowl TV spot, I understand why. That would be quite a move because the Grey Hulk is not only smart, he's mean.

I really don't need any more priming of the pump. Gimme my damn ticket! :rant:

I'm right behind you in line, dude. Gimmee!

One thing that's interesting to me is that with all of the speculation and talk about why we haven't seen The Vision in any spots yet, there's another hero conspicuously missing from the previews and trailers: Where's War Machine?

Rhodes is there in the Tower scene, so why isn't War Machine in on any of the action we've seen so far? He should be right in there with Tony.

HeavilyMedicated

Registered
Reaction score
I doubt the Black Widow will be hefting Mjolnir anytime soon. Remember when Stark and the others try to lift Thor's hammer only Cap is able to even budge it and Natasha flat out passes on trying. If Captain America isn't "worthy" to wield Thor's hammer, how's the Black Widow gonna measure up?

I'm expecting her to lift Mjolnir because Whedon needs to replenish his feminist points.