The Flash (CW) - Possible Spoilers

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I rewatched the first episode and I'm pretty sure that, in addition to the yellow blurs, there was also a red blur mixed in (that I'm assuming isn't a part of RF's uniform). Someone might've already mentioned this and I just missed the post.

But...

...seriously, by now we should be at the point were *SPOILER* isn't necessary...

...given the Crisis on Infinite Earths reveal at the end of ep 1 (the future newspaper), it makes me wonder if (assuming I saw correctly) if there will be hints of Flashpoint in a future episode.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I grew up as a Marvel-girl, so someone with a DC background help me out, here.

All previous assumptions aside, is the guy in the wheelchair a villain, or is he future-Barry come back to protect his younger self? Or is he an unknown invented for the TV show?

I wondered the same thing!

I saw the pilot. Fine special effects, but the guy in the wheelchair sorta reminded me of the dude in the wheelchair in Dark Angel...only he was in love with the girl and Barry already has a girlfriend.

LOL He reminded me of the guy in Dark Angel too...wasn't that Michael Weatherly (NCIS)? :)

I've only seen two episodes and I'm not sure how many I've missed but I've enjoyed it so far. I know nothing about The Flash though and never watched Arrow.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Spoiler: Nice bit about Ronnie and Caitlin being fire and ice. (Although I remember way back when Killer Frost was actually Dr. Crystal Frost, the one-time lover of Dr. Martin Stein, who becomes one half of Firestorm. Speaking of which: Getting very stoked for Firestorm! Nice casting of Robbie Amell as Ronnie Raymond. Very different from the high school jock in the comic books, which ain't a bad thing. So are there any other Amells out there who are gearing up to play superheroes?)

And the opener this week clearly showed a yellow costume inside that lightning. Looking good for PZ/RF being responsible for Nora's death. Have to wonder how that's going to tie into Joe's partner Eddie. Or possibly Dr. Wells. I just don't see Doc Wells as Booster Gold...but stranger things could happen. Heck, in the comics, Green Arrow isn't some 27-year-old kid.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
For the past few months, Future Flash (blue, computerized suit) has been a character in the Flash comics. FF is an older Barry who has come back in time to prevent Wally West's death or something like that.

Maybe Wells is FF, an older Barry?

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Future Barry, aka Future Flash, kills Reverse Flash, David West (descendant of Wally West).

I'm not saying the theory is correct. I'm just spitballing ideas. I read somewhere today guessing that he also could very well be Pariah.

Last edited:

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe Barry would kill, as we've seen Wells do.
That's going to be the sticking point in a lot of these theories I suspect.

I still find myself leaning toward them giving some of Hunter Zolomon's story to Wells, personally.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so glad they brought in Robbie Arnell. I really watched the heck out of "the Tomorrow People," so am glad to see him getting on board with another CW show.

Now, the big question is: can we find a part for Mark Pellegrino? :D

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Thinking about the possibility of future Flash, I don't think he's a likely candidate anymore. Future Flash would have known Barry needed to eat more, without having to do the tests.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thinking about the possibility of future Flash, I don't think he's a likely candidate anymore. Future Flash would have known Barry needed to eat more, without having to do the tests.

Unless he wanted to look like he didn't know it yet. But, I haven't had a chance to see any complete episode, so I'm just tossing crap on the wall. I still think SPOILER: Zoom

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Wahoo! Captain Cold! And, coming soon, Heat Wave! This show is SO much freaking fun. (And Felicity? Love her. So much.)

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
I was having a hard time loving Flash because the villains and the acting(except for the detective from Law and Order, he's perfect) have been meh, but in last night's episode, everything came together. I loved how Felicity told Flash's crew to ignore him like she ignores Arrow when he's in a bad mood.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Unless he was just playing along! He can't magically know things about Barry the others don't without them getting suspicious. ;)

And, I actually didn't give the FF theory too much credence until he knew everything about Felicity. He even had a huge smile on his face as if he knew her and was glad to see her.

He also physically looks similar to Barry.

Just sayin!

I'm sure there are perfectly good alternate explanations for all of that....but don't support him being FF, therefore they're no fun.

;)

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
And the opener this week clearly showed a yellow costume inside that lightning. Looking good for PZ/RF being responsible for Nora's death.

I never said that the lightning-like blurs didn't contain a yellow streak. Whether it turns out to be Zoom (Zoloman) or Professor Zoom (Thawne) remains to be seen, but there's no doubt that there's a yellow costumed Reverse Flash in there:

See here: http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/professorzoom-the-leaked-flash-pilot-easter-eggs-guide-to-episode-1.webp?width=640&height=361

I said that it *also* contains a red streak and, I watched it for the third time today and I was right. It DOES contain both a yellow and a separate red streak in it:

Seen here: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D1qaswOB0tM/U5Pfpfhs3NI/AAAAAAAAAlo/E1h1gAv62M0/s1600/flash.jpg

And here: http://cbscw69.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/the-flash-trailer-1.jpg

Based on Flashpoint Paradox, I'm confident that the red streak is Barry. Whether it's an older, future Barry or the Barry currently in the show, one can only guess.

Last edited:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
It seems like they enhanced the opening sequence a bit, either that or they've now decided on a plot point that was previously up in the air, because the inclusion of both the yellow and red streaks was very clear in the latest one.

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
Four eps in, and I'm still on the fence. The central plots aren't that appealing, and the supporting characters ... vary. But I hear Felicity will be back in later eps, so I'm very willing to give it a go. (iO9 had a nice piece about how Felicity's presence highlighted the show's weaknesses because they don't have any characters to match what her guest spot brought to the show, and I agree. She did the same for Arrow, but there she was actually part of the regular cast.)

I've never been much of a Flash reader outside of team-ups and the Justice League and stuff, until the New 52 where it became an instant favorite. Let's face it: The ability to run very fast is actually, pardon the pun, rather lame unless you spice it up with dimension-hopping and time travelling. Manapul and Buccellato made it even cooler than that by turning it into a state of mind. That notion of thinking really fast and anticipating consequences just rocked. (Also, Manapul did a great job of visualizing it). It's kind of difficult to dial back from that to the basic running skill so the show leaves me a little not-yet-overwhelmed, but maybe he'll discover the rest in the course of the series.

Also catching up on Arrow finally, and I gotta say, if both shows were starting right now, I'd be Team Flash. Not just because it's closer to the comics, but because the changes they made don't aggravate me as much. Oliver Queen coming back as a henchman-killing vendetta type? Not my idea of a hero. What kept me going was the supporting cast (yes, all of them. That's unusual) and the fact that the same people who recommended it also recommended Person of Interest, and that indeed repaid my sticking around by getting much better after a bland start. So I stuck around until the very rewarding season finale and am now at the beginning of S2 where Ollie's trying to be more of a good guy but doesn't sound always quite convinced when he says it.

Back to The Flash. As for the central whowentbackintimenanddunit:
I'm pretty sure I saw more than one streak in the flashback. One yellow, one red. (Could have a single yellow and red streak, but I don't think so.) Remember how young Barry found himself out in the street all of a sudden? My bet still is that was one of the streaks (either his own future self or another Flash) saving him. Possibly very dramatically making a choice between saving Barry and fighting the other streak and saving his mum. Maybe in the process of investigating his mum's death, he'll go back at some point and end up being that part of the flashback.

Anyway, most shows don't find their own beat until about 6-8 episodes in, so it's unfair to judge it yet. Also: I like how silly the show allows itself to get every now and then. (Can't get enough of Barry falling off the treadmill.)

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, if I had to guess, the young Barry / streak business at this point, I'd say it was one of two things.

1: a Terminator-like set-up. Yellow streak man goes back in time on purpose to make sure that little Flash never becomes big Flash. Future Flash pursues, and they end up in a fight with Barry's mom literally in the middle of the trouble.

2. It's all an accident. While both running incredibly fast, they break the light barrier and accidentally travel back into the past. Barry's mom literally ends up in the middle of the trouble, but not by design. Barry can't save her, but he can save himself - and has to when Yellow flash realizes that he's ten feet from the mini-me of the dude he's trying to kill.