Fury

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Kind of surprised there was no thread for this movie yet.

World War 2 movie about a tank crew in the final weeks of the war. Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeou, Michael Mena and Logan Lerman are part of the crew, with Lerman being the new kid.

www.youtube.com/embed/-OGvZoIrXpg

Trivia note: the Tiger tank that Fury fights in the middle of the movie was the last running Tiger in existence. Supposedly the production company paid to finish the refurbishment.

Went to see it last night with one of my sons. Some very intense scenes (reminiscent of the knife fight in "Saving Private Ryan").

Not a bad movie, especially technically. Although I think they had the tracer colors reversed. But one of the first movies in recent memory to show tracer fire behaving accurately. I wanted to see it based solely on the trailer I saw several months ago, and left last night feeling somewhat disappointed. Like I said, the technical aspects were very good. But the story left me rather "meh." It seemed to be just a home-movie type of film in that we're following this particular tank crew, but there's little context outside of them. If you don't know or remember when VE Day was, you're not going to get how close to the end of the war this was. Lerman's character changes, but I don't know that I'd say he grew. There were some very predictable scenes, too.

Not upset that I paid to see it in the theater, but not as impressed with it as I could have been, and I'm not sure why.

Last edited:

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Not my genre. I loved Saving Private Ryan, for example, but am just not into the whole "BOO YA MILITARY" type movies that feel like right wing propaganda. I'm not saying that's what this movie is, but the potential that it might be turns me off.

Maybe for those who have seen it--if you could tell me whether or not its heavy-handed pro-NRA stuff, or, if it's a solid story?

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
TBH, I just watched the trailer for the first time and it put me right off. Although knowing Shia LeBeouf is in it is a large part of that.

But it does look pretty predictable. They've gone for SPR look and feel but ... it's been done. A lot.

As always the story is the important thing and this story looks weak from the trailer.