Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
In the CW writers' room:

"What? Fix the script again?"

"Marketing says our demographic is 14-year-old girls easily distracted by their iPhones. Hammer home the point at least three more times."

Meanwhile ... does anyone else think (hope?) Dean still has some demon in him? The way he kept picking at Sam for his actions during Dean's demon phase made me wonder. I guess we won't find out for sure until right before the mid-season break.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Both the boys seem to be deliberately on the surface, like they're frightened of what they'll say or do if they dip into the heart of what they've done during Deanmon.

At least I hope that's what it is and not a downward slide in the writing

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
A nice little episode for "filler." I like the werewolf girl. I'm always glad when they bring back familiar faces.

(Would love to see Bella again, though. We never DID see her die. One can hope....)

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
I liked the bit about Sam's elbow. (So Jarad and Osric, the actor who played Kevin, were wrestling, and Jarad wound up breaking his arm and dislocating his shoulder. Total accident. Unless there was some pent-up aggression over how Kevin got written off the show, heh. Jarad needed surgery. I'm not surprised with all the action scenes that he's wearing the sling.)

As for the episode itself, it was slow. OK, but slow. Still waiting to see where they're going this season.

The 200th ep looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. :)

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Actually, I have to say...having sported Kate's hairdo for exactly one week before I said to hell with it...there's no way someone on the move would have the time or the patience to get her hair styled that way, let alone a hungry werewolf.

That is all...

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I dunno. I have pals whose hair naturally fit that style and it's literally wake-and-go. But, I was never ever one of those people. My hair is too wavy!

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
You know what I forgot to mention--was how Dean dissed his car. If I were the impala, I'd be damn-nigh pissed. Like Stephen King's Christine-pissed.

They should do an episode from the POV of the Impala.

As a matter of fact, I always thought the best series finale would begin with the creation of the Impala. Back when it was shiny and new. And how Dean (or Dean and his dad) bought it. And then end with the Impala's final moments.

Diane Amy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
That would be a trip to have an episode from the Impala's POV! LOL

However, in the episode when Dean goes back in time and meets his parents before they're married there's a scene where Dean and his (young) Dad are looking at cars at a used car lot and Dean steers Young Dad to the Impala rather than what he was looking at.

Was a great scene! :)

You know what I forgot to mention--was how Dean dissed his car. If I were the impala, I'd be damn-nigh pissed. Like Stephen King's Christine-pissed.

They should do an episode from the POV of the Impala.

As a matter of fact, I always thought the best series finale would begin with the creation of the Impala. Back when it was shiny and new. And how Dean (or Dean and his dad) bought it. And then end with the Impala's final moments.

Hendo

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
I'm finally home and set to watch it live for once and what do we have.... a clipshow?! what the heck lol

Back on topic now... I was disappointed in the resolution of Deanmon. Sure there might be a relapse or something like that but it just felt like nothing but wasted opportunity. It would have been so much better if he worked with Crowley. Next week's episode looks awesome though!

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
I loved the episode Paper Moon. Pretty good for a "filler" episode and I thought the moments between Sam and Dean were great. Reaching out to each other and protective, but still the pain.

Hendo

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
OMFG!! It's CHUCK!!! When the camera was heading in that direction I was all, "Please be Chuck. Please be Chuck. Please be Chuck. It won't be him but please be Chuck!"

Beyond that though, this episode had me dying of laughter :)

Last edited:

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
YES! Chuck! And a mention of Adam being in the cage still! It makes me hopeful that perhaps they're bringing things around full-circle. I don't have a ton of faith that Sam is still in the cage (which is what I want), but it feels like they may be tying off lose ends. Which is okay because as much as I love SN, I think this needs to be the last season.

It looks like we'll get a few monster-of-the week episodes. But hopefully we'll get back to CHUCK before long and that will be part of the endgame.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
!!Chuck!!

Also, was pleased with the reminder about Adam, and I appreciated that the boys seemed to look at bit guilty. Though I am disappointed that the preview for next week wasn't, "You know, we really should try to get our other brother out the cage..." All in all, though, I thought the episode was hilarious. Lots of nice fan service.

Btw, apparently the boys are coming to Houston at the end of January for a SPN Con! We had commercials for it. And after the first one, my husband went to look at tickets. $700 for a Gold weekend pass. He also said the site kept crashing because every girl in Houston got on it at the same time.

Good episode.

Shut your face! Get in the car!

Diane Amy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linkedin.com
Epic.. EPIC... Just too EPIC for words!

From Dean looking directly at the camera... to there's no singing in Supernatural... to them walking in and hearing idijits over and over... and there's so much more!

They really pulled out all the stops for the big 200!

Good on them!!

And... of course... how it ended.... EPIC!

Not to mention... I'd love to see them rescue Adam! Their faces when he was mentioned looked so regretful... especially Dean's.

Love this show!

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Epic.. EPIC... Just too EPIC for words!

From Dean looking directly at the camera... to there's no singing in Supernatural... to them walking in and hearing idijits over and over... and there's so much more!

They really pulled out all the stops for the big 200!

Good on them!!

And... of course... how it ended.... EPIC!

Not to mention... I'd love to see them rescue Adam! Their faces when he was mentioned looked so regretful... especially Dean's.

Love this show!

This. All of this. Wow! I found it to be such a great tribute to fans! Epic indeed!

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Gawd, did I love that ep. The song about the "single man tear"? **dies** And the "BM scene"? HAH! So many inside jokes and sly winks (Adam, yes!) -- and, of course, the big reveal at the end. (And Calliope ranting over the second act? EPIC.)

Thank you, Powers That Be. That was a fantastic, FAN-tastic episode.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
They can end the season right now. I don't see how they can possibly top this. I don't think I've ever squee'd for an entire hour before.

All we ever had at our high school was South Pacific. Damn cheap public school system.