Fagin February 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Did about 200 words yesterday then deleted them all as they didn't feel right. So I did 0 words.

I always find it hard to start a new chapter though...

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
269 words--in my synopsis, but they detailed the climax scene and I love them. I can't wait to write that part. But then I edited the synopsis and sent it to my editor. No sense writing it if the publisher doesn't like it.

Now I'm waiting for feedback on it and my edits on the first book. It seems like writing is 90% waiting.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
muse, everything must come to an end. It's the circle of life. You must let it go.:e2cry:

Alas and alack, I am without wordage these past two days. It's been a crazy time at the day job and no respite from the flood of calls and server issues. It doesn't help that our main office in Nashville is moving to new quarters next week! Ack! I hope to get a few words tonight, after dinner. Wish me luck.

Good luck!;)

muse, I find that I somehow always subconsciously find ways to delay finishing a WIP. It has almost become a ritual for me. With my current WIP, I projected 120k at the highest. It's now heading for 130k b/c I don't seem to want to end the book. Hopefully I can stop this madness and finish it soon. :D I'm sure you will, too. Resist! Resist!

I've never had this problem before. In my first (trunked) novel I raced to the end, same with my second, it's just this one!:rant:

Today I decided it was time for BIC. Turned off the internet and opened my WIP. Two hours later... I had a neat pile of ironing, the dinner was cooked and I'd cleaned the over. (I hate cleaning the oven.:cry:)

Shall try again tonight.

Good luck to everyone else. Some great wordage.

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't get anything done the last couple of days because of - oh, trouble and real life. Boring stuff, basically :tongue

Got a bit done tonight, though, 572 words, which is a start of a new chapter. Kind of pleased with them too, as first draft words go. Hope to continue tomorrow. Anxious to get some mileage on this story!

Best of luck to everyone!

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
No words last night. :(

Today was a little better though, work wasn't nuts so got a few words. Finished up a scene that I thought was finished, just didn't do it for me. Started the next and ran into a snag. C'est la vie. A whopping 311 total today.

Now I have to do some plotting as someone, and I won't mention her name but her initials are Kelli, decided I needed to introduce a new female FBI Agent. *heavy sigh*

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Today I decided it was time for BIC. Turned off the internet and opened my WIP. Two hours later... I had a neat pile of ironing, the dinner was cooked and I'd cleaned the over. (I hate cleaning the oven.:cry:)

I've done that before - ended up tidying, dusting and hoovering an entire room once!

1379 words today to make up for yesterday's nothing.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
So, some words - 1244 of them - but not on any of the WIPs. This is part of a short story I've been thinking of for a while. I was in a mood tonight, and it suited me.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been in Paris. Does that count?

Also, I read Perks' "Three Graves Full". Good? Oh, yes. 150/10 and I don't even know the woman. So funny, so warm, so grue and so kind of uplifting. In a bloody-corpsey-literary way.

Last edited:

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
I have written 5 pages today and now, I have reached page 45 of the 2nd draft of my novel. I am hoping to write more soon.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com

Also, I read Perks' "Three Graves Full". Good? Oh, yes. 150/10 and I don't even know the woman. So funny, so warm, so grue and so kind of uplifting. In a bloody-corpsey-literary way.

It sooo counts, mccardy. :D

Great wordage, all! Keep it up.

Managed some at the day job today. Slow day. Wrapped up a chapter and got a start on the next. Total today, 594, which is not awesome, but I'll take it. Brings the WIP total to 51,010!

Off topic, but be sure to check the latest LOD post. Just in time for Valentine's Day. :D

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I cut about 350 words and did a little reorganization in preparation for the next scene, in which words will be added rather than subtracted. I hope.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score

Me too?? (I did nothing in Paris except get a few more ideas for short stories though...)

Nothing again today. It's been a pretty hectic one though, trying to get the roof fixed and long conversations with my dad, the gist of which is that in about a year's time I'll be moving to Canada!

But might get some words in before bed. There's still hope!

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing today. This has not been a good week for writing over here :D

But - weekend tomorrow! Hoping for lots of words over the weekend.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Oops. Spent my day off writing another song instead of writing my book. Goddammit. Plus it really needs female vocals, and I Am Not A Woman.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Ken - saw your post in LOD and it made feel slightly guilty that I'm building upto to my MC being taken hostage/tortured whilst your characters are enjoying life. Ah well...:D

925 words today.

There will be 0 words for tomorrow as I will have no time at all to even think about writing.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Ken - saw your post in LOD and it made feel slightly guilty that I'm building upto to my MC being taken hostage/tortured whilst your characters are enjoying life. Ah well...:D

925 words today.

There will be 0 words for tomorrow as I will have no time at all to even think about writing.

Oh, they're far from enjoying life. Kelli has both the Russian Mafia and a Columbian Cartel after her, and Kevin was shot during a hit that was put on Kelli.

Congrats on the wordage! :D

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
No new words for me today. Spend a good portion of it with my daughter.

But I did hear back from my editor, and we're a go on the plot I sent in for the second book. In fact she sounded excited about it. This one is going to be an awful lot of fun to write.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
I always find it hard to start a new chapter though...

That's ONE thing I've figured out. Here's what works for me:

1) Spend 5 minutes in a quiet room, visualizing the scene (set a timer). I mean the WHOLE five mins.

2) Take the iPad or laptop to an appropriate spot.

3) Make sure the kids are fed and the dogs out. Turn on the right music to catch the rhythm of the scene. (The lyrics are irrelevant). Get a glass of water or homemade cappucino, whatever.

4) Force yourself to write without stopping until the scene is done. Doesn't matter if it's crap. You can rewrite a section only after the full scene is down.

Love to hear other people's methods.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I Am Not A Woman.

I had heard this about you. :D

Oh, they're far from enjoying life. Kelli has both the Russian Mafia and a Columbian Cartel after her, and Kevin was shot during a hit that was put on Kelli.

I'm quite worried about Kevin these days, for a lot of reasons.

Love to hear other people's methods.

I definitely follow the "write without stopping" rule. Beyond that, though...I have to wait until my daughter is in bed (too many interrupts otherwise), and then I just start. Even if the start is lame, or rough, or terrible. Even if I know I'm starting in the wrong spot. I can't fix it until I get it down. (Sometimes I can't even fix it then; but that's Problem #2.)

What thread am I in? Oh, yeah - words! I wrote another 1099 on this short story. I really need to knock it off. Beta changes are percolating in my head...but as wonderactivist pointed out, it's not going to happen unless I actually DO IT. I need to get off my backside and focus, instead of dithering on this other stuff. Although it has been kind of fun.