Stolen from P&CE--Without An Apology

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Long-time member Opty, a regular at Politics and Current Events, suggested that other regulars click on the Last>> page link of that board to see their oldest posts, noting how their styles and opinions have changed, etc.

While non-political boards may not show ideas changing, they can certainly show the business of writing erotica changing. The oldest post I see, on page 81 of this board, is from more than ten years ago.

Oh, like we needed another time sink, huh? But I'm so curious how it's different now from a decade ago. I'm going in! Send a search party if I don't come back.

Maryn, curious

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not enough of a regular in P&CE to really benefit from that experiment, and I've posted here even less!

Where I've changed the most is in the PublishAmerica threads. I came here because I was concerned about my PA book not selling, but at the time I thought the relationship could be salvaged, and really had few complaints other than the book being priced too high. I wasn't a cheerleader by any means, but I didn't see how what they were doing was so bad--Uncle Jim, Victoria S, Stacia K, Dave K and all them should just lighten up a bit. As I learned more about how publishing really works (from the people doing it, no less!), I went through a progression of "PA can fix these problems and still be a good publisher" to "the authors should be ware, but they could probably find a way to make this work" to "holy crap, folks, RUNNNN as fast as you can from this company!" I think I've done pretty well not getting overly snarky and immature about it, but lordy I've sure deleted some earlier drafts of posts!

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This could be fun or eye-opening on any board we posted on when we were new, eh?

Maryn, who was new once, although she can't remember it

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
I've alerted the authorities to this blatant thievery. You won't get away with this!

*shakes fist*

JulesJones

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julesjones.com
I shall resist the time sink. Yes. I shall. But only because I lurked for years before saying anything, and say very little even now, so there's less of a trail for me. :)