Share Your Successes!

FinalFayt

My Reality can be your Dreams
Registered
Reaction score
Currently lost in The World That Never Was..
I just wanted to say that Ebook publishing has brought the greatest smile to my face since I started writing. Everytime I see a sale upon my Amazon.com or Smashwords.com accounts, I smile at the fact that I'm entertaining someone's imagination a little more. If it makes people happy to read your novels, you know you are doing a good job.

Nick Russell

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Well said! And the money's nice too! :)

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
And being a micro-publisher ain't so bad. I named my mini-me operation Pen and Press Publishing after my dad's old outfit--a truly celebrated non-fic writer for McGraw Hill.

Oh, up to eight (maybe nine) sales--not stupendous but showing promise.

Hey, this promo gig is an exhausting venture ain't it?

tri

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
I had a sale of "Becoming a Hero: The Complete Collection" yesterday, and it was apparently bought in India, because it was at the 35% royalty rate, but, hey, I'm happy! :)

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
Feeling successful at getting my romance e-books all up and running at All Romance. Took me all weekend as I needed to upload excerpts (they don't have a "look inside" feature) and convert all the files to epubs. It's always interesting to learn a new sales channels' requirements (such as uploading files that don't have any spaces between words -- oops! didn't catch that on the first go 'round). ** rubbing my shiny "learned something new today" button **

PS - Had six sales since uploading my e-books!

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
Huh. Well, this is odd. I just checked my B&N sales (which I rarely do, since I'd never sold anything through there before). Apparently, I had my first B&N sale on August 29: one copy of "New Recruits", the second story in the "Destined" series. Yeah, someone bought the second story without buying the first.

CrystalCierlak

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.crystalcierlak.com
I just wanted to say that Ebook publishing has brought the greatest smile to my face since I started writing. Everytime I see a sale upon my Amazon.com or Smashwords.com accounts, I smile at the fact that I'm entertaining someone's imagination a little more. If it makes people happy to read your novels, you know you are doing a good job.

I've had my book up on Smashwords for all of five minutes but I have to say I agree about the big smile! When I got the notification that I'd made my first sale I was elated. Thankfully I was already on the phone with my mom to thank her lol.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Don't know what's happening, but about 10 titles sold in the past three days. All of the books, including short stories. Somebody from Stage32 just popped for the self-pubbed title, too. So a clean sweep after a pretty miserable drought. I just can't figure this business out at all. You never know do you?

tri

PortableHal

Not-so-new
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marsneedswriters.com
Don't know what's happening, but about 10 titles sold in the past three days. All of the books, including short stories. Somebody from Stage32 just popped for the self-pubbed title, too. So a clean sweep after a pretty miserable drought. I just can't figure this business out at all. You never know do you?

tri

Congratulations, Tri. Every buy = potential new fan.

Slowly, slowly, you build your audience. But educate me, won't you? What is 'Stage32'?

merrihiatt

Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com

tri

Nope, you never know. Congratulations on the sales!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Congratulations, Tri. Every buy = potential new fan.

Slowly, slowly, you build your audience. But educate me, won't you? What is 'Stage32'?

Stage32 is kind of a social networking site, plus a professional database for all people connected up and working in the visual arts media: film: grips, consultants, directors, producers, screen writers, marketers, game developers, comic book artists and writers, voice over, storyboard, artists, film editors, actors, stunt people, everything you could possibly imagine connected with the film media. I'm just a little old novelist and I've been very popular there for reasons unknown--tons of connection requests.

http://www.stage32.com/profile/60521/chris-stevenson

BTW, The War Gate will be free for download Sept 25th and the 26th. Please make a note of it!

Last edited:

Nick Russell

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I am thrilled! My newest book, Overlooked Arizona has been out for two days and is now rated
#1 in Books > Travel > United States > West > General
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Travel > Specialty Travel > Tourist Destinations & Museums
#3 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Travel > United States > Regions > West

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009FS4FS6/?tag=absowrit-20

merrihiatt

Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
Congrats, Nick and Chris. And, to anyone I've missed congratulating in this thread. It moves so quick some days, I'm sure I've missed a few folks. Not intentional in any way.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
My first non backlist books is up on Amazon NOW http://tinyurl.com/cb2xtb4

I am so excited. It's like the old days when a new book came out and I kept wanting to go and gaze at the cover and think - Is this real?

Annie Jones
http://www.facebook.com/anniejones.author
http://dearhelenhartman.blogspot.com/

Great cover, Annie! Love the Sixties theme, love and competition and betrayal.

Thanks, Merrihiat. You been an inspiration and kind mentor to all of us newbies. Thanks for your positive thrust when we needed it.

FREEBIE DOWNLOADS:

Amazon.US = 553 overall, #61 mystery/thriller
Amazon.UK = 592 overall, #44 fantasy, futuristic, ghost
# 53 thriller

I've officially passed my last freebie stats for this book. Two other titles were sold today, unrelated to the free one, even in genre. Now that's nice!

tri

L.Jones

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Chris, your covers are great.
This is such a new experience for me. Years of being a midlist author, the put your head down and write type, to now suddenly have control over so much is amazing.
and scary