Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
This evening, I may try out the 'online countdown timer and writing method'. Dinner soon.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Well it'll go off when you're out of time, I guess. I don't know. I time myself with WoD.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Because I'm more or less following Susan Dennard's revision guide, and that's what comes next. It's so you can see all of the scenes easily--basically, it's the same as doing a scene list on index cards prior to writing, but doing it for the sake of revisions instead.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know David Tennant was Barty Coruch Jr. In HP&GOF. He was Doctor Who or whatever, right?

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, he was, lol. And yeah, he had a nice minute or so of screen-time in GoF. He's also in the new Fright Night.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Revision method: http://susandennard.com/for-writers/ Scroll down until you get to the Revising Your Novel section. There's a lot of different pieces of it.

Oh yeah! I need to go read it over again though. By time I looked at my PM box last night it was like 2am so I was going "sleeeeeeeep".

And I feel incredibly awesome right now. Apparently when Susan (same one) saw a reference to an alternate Italy in a new publishing deal, she thought of me right away thanks to all the hints I've dropped about Weeping. When people I look up to think of me, I feel like win :D

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, just read it and answered. (But even 1.5k is like WHOA TOO MUCH at 2 in the morning.)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
That website looks good. I'll give it a proper look once I get a chance.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I hero-worship Susan Dennard.

...Well, not really. But she's awesome and I seriously want to hang out with her someday. I read her blog every day.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I think I need to rewrite LL, so I can work out whats wrong with it (why I haven't been working on it recently).

I'm also wondering if it would be better to work on something new for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.