Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. After uni, depending on what happens, I might not give myself dates like that, but we shall see.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
I second this. Mum's going to help me blitz my room because I'm so overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have.

I'm trying to convince my mom not to help me simply because she makes everything more complicated than it needs to be. Plus if she helps me clean, she'll be putting everything where she wants it to be and that's not usually where I want it to be.

Okay, and I've decided, I'm going to swallow my pride and write this fanfic I've been dying to write for the past week now. XD There's nothing wrong with writing fanfiction, right? :(

:e2paperbaLittle secret about me: Back a couple years ago when Destiny was still called Andra and I thought all you had to do to be published was send your book to a publisher, I wrote Twilight fanfiction. I've also had a really awesome Harry Potter fanfic idea that I've been dying to write for about a year.

So...I don't think so. ;)

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
I still have no clue what I'm doing for uni. I'm not going this year, but next year instead. I plan to get a degree in illustration, but other than that? I have no clue.

My friend once told me to see fanfic writing as a huge writing exercise, a test to see how well you can stay to the character's true personalities. Looking at it that way, I agree and definitely can see how it can help me write my original verse writing!

...So I think I'm gonna do this! XD

I'm currently writing a fanfic about my favorite anime everrrr, which is Axis Powers Hetalia. >//< But it's gonna be all dark and sad. Since I'm sadistic. Yeah. Um. I mean. What.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
WOOT! You should. Fanfiction is a really fun thing to do. :)

I'm going to uni this year. I leave in two months and six days as a matter of fact. I have to go to a three-day orientation in a week. I'm still torn between being a business major or a psychology major.

Keagerz

He Who Plays With Dolls
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keagerz.livejournal.com
I was going to be an art therapy major, but decided not to after recent events. :/ So instead I'm going for illustration eventually. ^^ Yaaay! I want to do concept art for stuff.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have an idea for a Harry Potter fanfiction. My only concern is staying true to when major events happen, in terms of dates.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I write fanfiction for the anime Durarara!! occasionally these days. Plus I roleplay with friends, so I see no problem in writing fanfiction just for fun.

Now I have to go back to figuring out a recent question in Weeping. Good times.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I'M SORRY. I realized it doesn't actually fit well into YA or Adult fiction yesterday, so until I can motivate myself to rip it apart and make the most intense edits of my life, it's doooooomed.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What is Weeping about?

ETA: I have found Tristan's overall theme and tomorrow's Music Monday song. Not every line fits, but a) the tone fits and b) the chorus and quite a few lines in the verses fit in my eyes. Like Love Story by Taylor Swift, which is the novel's overall theme.

Last edited:

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Weeping is about...Okay, this is the thing I wrote for myself when I was first coming up with the idea, and then I based the entire outline off this thing, so:

Every night when the lights go down at the Yume no Sekai, the crowds are taken away by the breathtaking acts of those in history's most beautiful circus. But if those same crowds were to know what takes place when the curtain falls at the end of the performance, they may not find it so lovely.

Meera joins the Yume no Sekai because it is the only choice left to him after the terrible things he has done. Allowing himself to be bound in a contract to Deimos, the mysterious creator of the circus, a seal of roses and thorns melded into his throat, all he has to look forward to is playing the violin each evening. However, his view of the circus is changed when he meets his fellow performers, among their ranks a unicorn, a ghost, a kelpie, a mere human, a banshee, a phoenix—and a secretive dancing boy by the name of Lacrimosa, who has never revealed to any precisely what he is.

As Meera and Lacrimosa perform together, it is not only their performance which improves, but also their relationship backstage. At the same time, Meera is learning that life in the Yume no Sekai is not as simple, nor as pain-free as he believed it would be. Deimos feeds on the sorrow his performers feel, and Meera is no exception to that role. Soon enough, the only light remaining in the violinist's life is his growing love for Lacrimosa, who still holds secrets of his own. The Yume no Sekai is a labyrinth of mystery in which secrets abound, and when Meera discovers the truth of Deimos's intentions, he realises that remaining in their contracts will hold consequences more dire than any of them know.

And I will listen to that song when Youtube stops being sloooooooow.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's 'Wanna Be Loved' by Papa Roach.

Also, that sounds unique and kinda cute in a twisted way. XD

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Listening to it now :)

It's by far the best thing I've ever written and I'm kinda sorta in love with it. ...And yes, it is incredibly twisted. I'm horrible to the characters in that one.

Glad you like the name Ky :D

ETA: Present issue of Weeping. Deimos ordered Meera (more warned, actually) to stay out of a certain ballroom and I have no idea why. I really must figure this out.

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
BECAUSE BAD, BAD THINGS ARE HAPPENING IN THAT BALLROOM.

Or good things he don't want Meera to experience.

Yay for being twisted to your characters! In my outline I just burned down a city.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Why are cities being burned?

ETA: My life story in a song

Last edited:

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Or good things he don't want Meera to experience.

Yay for being twisted to your characters! In my outline I just burned down a city.
Probably that one, because Deimos is an ass. And burning down cities sounds fantastic!

Hello Karla & HR :)

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Karla. How's it going?

In the backyard with my fam - my momma's making barbecue. Really not a backyard though. More like a side yard since we live in a townhouse. The whole family is out here including the pupster who keeps barking at people as per usual lol. I'm hoping the fresh air will inspire me. I haven't been writing lately. I find it difficult to write when I'm PMSing.

Hey Karla.

Hiya :D

Hello Karla & HR :)

Hey there!

And hey Ky and Tally!

Status
Not open for further replies.