aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Morning :Sun:

It's chocolate day!!

Other than that I'm not sure anything exciting is going to happen today. Which is good. Oh, I need to bake an extra loaf of bread.

The cat seems to be glued to the radiator. I think she may have something there.

:Coffee:

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody ever seen a pilot episode for a TV show called Continuum???

Awesome! I am now unfortunately hooked, and I will have to Hulu it :D

Saw most of the first season due to working on it. Second season starts soon, I believe. It's pretty good. Also, it has Victor Webster. And Mike Dopud. Mike, if you google yourself, call me! :e2brows:

Oh, Les Mis was wonderful. I have One Day More stuck in my head. The company did a great job.

Gentleman friend was very nice, but I'm still not sure if it was a date or just friends hanging out. We'll see what the future holds. Either is fine, actually... It was just really nice to go out and do culture-type things.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE. If he's a gentleman, he won't let on that he wants to tear your clothes off at first. :D

Oh, yay. It's not just me who can't tell the difference between something being a date, and a friendly night out.

I never have any clue. And I don't want to ask in case I get it wrong XD

All these people getting dates. *feels dateless*

Feel free, but wrap up warm. According to our outside thermometer it's -7C. You can't see further than a few feet up the street due to the freezing fog.

I am absatively posilutely not going anywhere in that.

Yes. Cold :( It's -13C here tonight when I have to go out to the first class of my writing course. :eek:

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Want me to send you another box?

Writing course! Is jealous. :D

Enjoy yourself - maybe you'll find a date.

Yes please! Stuffed with bacon and cream cheese and garlic, nom.

Whoa. Wait. I was told writing courses were frequented by women. I can't write in front of men, omg.

No dates. They all turned out to be hanging out with friend affairs. This is why I'm clueless with this stuff, lack of experience.

You can be the secretary of the club :Hug2: Obviously, I am chairwoman :D

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
After I'm paid for this week, and the rostered shift for the next two weeks, I will have enough money saved up till last me through till June.

I need to cover through till September, cause when I turn 22, I am "independent" and might actually get some assistance from the government.

But still, this is a start.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I own Asimov books! Woohoo! Now I have those to read... on top of more Song of Ice and Fire...

... I have so much stuff to do. :(

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I own Asimov books! Woohoo! Now I have those to read... on top of more Song of Ice and Fire...

... I have so much stuff to do. :(

Oh I envy you. I remember reading those when I was about 14. They really opened my eyes. I wonder how they work out now?

Let me know when you crack one open. I may join in.

Remember - the only people who don't have stuff to do are in cemeteries.

ION, freezing fog gone, sun out for a while. All the cobwebs are laden with ice. It really looks nice. Now at a balmy (barmy) high of -3.2. Wow!

Wonders how hot it is where Sian is.

Anyone for brandy laden hot chocolate with a bar of chocolate on the side?

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I own Asimov books!

Which titles?

ETA: See, you go and answer when I ask...

Just the Foundation trilogy.

That's actually a pretty good place to start. When you have read through some of his fiction, I recommend you look out for his non-fiction as well. The man knew how to make complex ideas simple enough - and it could be argued that he popularized a lot of the pop-science books out there these days.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
That's actually a pretty good place to start. When you have read through some of his fiction, I recommend you look out for his non-fiction as well. The man knew how to make complex ideas simple enough - and it could be argued that he popularized a lot of the pop-science books out there these days.
I saw a big anthology of lots of his other work outside of the Foundation series, so if I like Foundation I'm probably going to check that out next, because after watching the episode about him on Prophets of Science Fiction I really want to read some of his stuff about robotics because it looks absolutely amazing.

But I'll make a note to look into his non-fiction as well. God knows I need a scientific education anyway, might as well get it from one of the masters of the sci-fi genre. :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Feel free, but wrap up warm. According to our outside thermometer it's -7C. You can't see further than a few feet up the street due to the freezing fog.

I am absatively posilutely not going anywhere in that.

Brr. It will be 8 here in a few days. 8F. The warhorse will need extra noms.

I can seriously see why birds migrate.

Kinda hard for kiwis and such. Besides, birds move for food and food filled breeding areas. They are rather stoic about the cold. I had a sea of red cardinals in my yard yesterday afternoon.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh. They changed the forcast. Three nights below 20 but nothing near 8.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Saw most of the first season due to working on it. Second season starts soon, I believe. It's pretty good. Also, it has Victor Webster. And Mike Dopud. Mike, if you google yourself, call me! :e2brows:

Yeah, it's not available on Hulu yet, nor is the rest of it available on itunes. *shrug* Guess I'll just have to wait for more episodes to be released on one or the other.

Oh. They changed the forcast. Three nights below 20 but nothing near 8.

It's been in the 18-25 range for over a week - now back to 30s at night. Yay.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Protestant work ethic is kicking in. Stupid thing.

The other 92% of my brain is revolting. {I dare you...}

I either need to do something different or get some motivation.

Gais. Halp!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I may have to open a bottle tonight. This diet is killing me. :( I did my treadmill today, so I should get wine, right? Right?!

That's exactly how the math works.

All these people getting dates. *feels dateless*

No dates. They all turned out to be hanging out with friend affairs. This is why I'm clueless with this stuff, lack of experience.

Fun fact: You can ask someone out. No kidding. Just find a guy/girl you like, ask them out, go out, high-five yourself for being awesome. And if it doesn't work or there are no sparks, find someone else. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

For serious, everyone here is a smart, funny cookie and trust me, the world is packed with bland, humorless morons. That means you are a catch. So get out there and have faith that you are, in fact, kick-ass. And if someone doesn't see that, then chances are you wouldn't be happy with them anyway.

This ends Lesson One of CM's Dating Advice: First Contact. Please turn the record over for Lesson Two: Mood-Killing Make-Out Songs.

Morning gang.

Whut up?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

I have chocolate milk right now and a nice chocolate bar waiting for me later. I'll eat that as a reward for getting cleaning done. Because if Little K gets a cookie for going potty I should get something too. ;)

ION, I did not write last night. Sleep felt more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.