amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Yup, on average, your wingspan should equal your height. Mine does not.

It's not generally an issue. But I would have preferred being taller.

As it is, all long sleeves are too short of me anyway, except when fashion styles make 'em too long for everyone else. It's annoying. Especially in winter.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Really? I thought the average height for (American) men was 5'9 and for women was 5'4.

ETA: Just under 5'8 for men, and 5'4 for women.

The UK averages are 5'10" for men and 5'5" for women. I'm 6'0" (well, 1.82m, so let's say six feet). I used to be 6'1" but shrunk about three centimetres in my 30s.

I'm probably as tall as I have a right to be, given that my parents are 5'7" (him) and 5'5" (her). My brother is if anything about half an inch taller than me, and my sixteen-year-old niece is 5'10".

Meanwhile, my shoe size is 12 (UK). Most men - I should say most people but they would almost all be men - with size 12 feet are six inches or more taller than me.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Blueberry is safely home and preening.

I thought the vet was going to look at the slides, then send them out for confirmation. She's just sending them out. More waiting.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I'm probably as tall as I have a right to be, given that my parents are 5'7" (him) and 5'5" (her). My brother is if anything about half an inch taller than me, and my sixteen-year-old niece is 5'10".

I have the opposite situation. My mother is 5'11", but my dad was only 5'6" or so; never really got an accurate measure on his height, thanks to the CP.

I'm the second tallest of their children. Our heights are 5'4", 6'0" (me,), 5'9" and 6'1" (baby sister). My husband is 6'0". My sister's children are too young to have a final height on them, but my children are 6'3", 5'7", 5'9" and 6'1".

Apparently, we grow 'em tall in hillbilly country.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently, we grow 'em tall in hillbilly country.

That reminds me of an interview with Nick Nolte I read once. He's 6'1" but is the shortest male in his family anyone can remember. He has a sister the same height or taller than him.

N.P. Browning

Registered
Reaction score
Written 1,100 words. Still not reached the ass-kickery. Have, however, just killed one of the good guys. Who's been part of this story for the last 307,000 words. I feel a little down about it, but it had to be done.

Still sucks though.

:cry:

Damn, that's a long ride to end a relationship. Gotta be done though. My condolences.

Even thinking about killing off certain characters from my series fills me with a plethora of emotions, and I am only 140k in. I feel for you sir.

I am 5'10" and rather thin for references sake.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I'm 1.79 Ctms. No idea how's that in inches, but I tend to make it even and say 6 ft. Tall.

Speaking of hero embellishment; for some reason most of my MC would wear glasses for no good reason other than I also wear them. Besides that, I feel they tend to very average, ot at least not gorgeous or having features I would wish for myself. My current MC looks more like Christopher Walken than Neil Patrick Harris. Although I must admit his best friend is an accidental dead ringer to John Barrowman.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
By the way, in the US I would be average, but here in Venezuela I'm tall. I was actually terrified seen taller and more muscular people during my NYC trip.

I haz birthday cake. :D

My birthday was 2 days ago and I didn't got a cake. College homework makes life too busy...

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
More thanks.

I am also juggling an equal treatment issue, need to move the warhorse to a new stable soon, and trying to study the acupuncture before the second session, so I am drained.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
My birthday was 2 days ago and I didn't got a cake. College homework makes life too busy...
I would have sent you some, but I don't think it would have been too fresh by the time it got to you.

Also, because I was an idiot and utterly forgot to: Happy Birthday! For two days ago... I'm sorry...

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Morning all :)

On height - I am five foot. Washboard chest applies here, and I can fit into clothes from the kids section sometimes.

Petite is annoying. Not just because of aesthetic reasons, but on a purely practical level. I need chairs to reach stuff, and have to work harder to build up upper arm strength for the stretcher and things like that, because I actually have to lift the thing a couple of centimetres before I can slide it into the ambulance.

On the other hand, I'll never have back problems from being bent double in the back with a patient, and I'm good news at car accidents with tight spaces involved. Still, it's a bit annoying sometimes.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
This is a phrase I've never heard before. Washboard abs, yes. Never washboard chest.

It's not a compliment, and it's normally heard in highschool. Ironing board, or any other type of board will fit here too.

Means I don't have a lot going on on my chest :p

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks :) about to start backreading. Library closes in an hour and a half but I might leave sooner for some extra time on the treadmill.

I would like to point out that it has been -20 all day and will get steadily colder overnight. I nearly froze waiting 40min for the bus. Why do I continue to live in Canada, guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.