UK meet thread [Sat 27 April 2013, London]

Status
Not open for further replies.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Of course you're invited. Anyone on AW is invited.

Venue - The George, opposite the Royal Courts of Justice on the Strand, London. Upstairs bar booked from 2pm, but it looks like people will be along before that.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
What time train? I'll be travelling on the 08.17 from the next station down from you. Only I have to admit that I will be first class. (nothing new there!) which is affordable as I have a senior rail pass!

I'll be whizzing through your town at 7:00. As it's appropriate to my status of slack-jawed yokel, I'll be travelling in a pig trailer attached to the back of the charabanc.

Here's a photo of the AW East Anglian contingent on our last visit to the Big Smoke.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Have fun everyone!

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it as I'm not at the point where I can go into a pub yet. But I will be with you in spirit (the one in the tall green bottle that nobody drinks......)

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Nothing like a trip to the seaside on a summer's day. As long as you bring your big coats and are prepared to freeze your bum off.

Great God, man, change your avatar this instant.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't change it to this. Someone did while I was offline. And when I find out who...*shakes fist*

You've obviously annoyed a mod. You know that bit in the zombie movies when people realise one of their group has been bitten and start edging away from him?

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
7am? But that time is only available on weekdays surely? I'll fall onto a train sometime late-morning/middayish and hope to be with you by 2.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Several of our writing group folk eat there, reasonable pub grub.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Last time I was there they did a very good burger and chips. More importantly, they do Aspall Cyder.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Several of our writing group folk eat there, reasonable pub grub.

Last time I was there they did a very good burger and chips. More importantly, they do Aspall Cyder.

Cool. I'll see how it goes - might just grab something at King's Cross. Suppose it depends how long my morning corn flakes last.

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
Grab something at King's Cross? Does Mrs Seun know about your weird inclinations?

crunchyblanket

the Juggernaut of Imperfection
Registered
Reaction score
What sort of harvesters do you use?

We need no harvesters. Concreting over everything solved that problem nicely.

Well there's a slight change of plan for me - I've got an ENT clinic to work that morning, but I should be able to get there by 1, which isn't too terrible. I will look even more like crap than normal though :D

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Well there's a slight change of plan for me - I've got an ENT clinic to work that morning, but I should be able to get there by 1, which isn't too terrible. I will look even more like crap than normal though :D

You and me both -- I shall be the one looking like death warmed over.

The pub food is quite good. Not especially cheap mind you, but not overly dear (for London anyway!) The beer is cheaper than in my local....

Seun shouldn't have to worry, I owe him some pork scratchings :D

Status
Not open for further replies.