Fagin February 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No words this weekend, but I did have a great date! Looking forward to this weekend too, which means little or no writing, but a guy has to have fun once in a blue moon.

(All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy....all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy... all work..:evil )

Yay! For dates and fun! Oh, and words. ;)

Awesome work everyone!

I didn't write at all last night, except for a blog post. I ended up losing the entire thing and having to recreate it. It's all good now, but was very frustrating.

Glad you were able to recreate your blog post, Saoirse.

Personal blackmail WORKS! I got in over 3000 words yesterday and sent off that sub. I'll do anything to avoid extra cardio.

Self-Blackmail...Hmmmm, could be an option. Haven't managed any writing today, too busy packing and getting ready for my holiday. I have, mind you, printed off copious notes to work on while I'm at the pool - Does that count?:D

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Personal blackmail WORKS! I got in over 3000 words yesterday and sent off that sub. I'll do anything to avoid extra cardio.

Blackmail yourself? How does that work?

Well, today was much better than yesterday, work wise and word wise. Got a whopping 824 words and took the WIP to 53,057! (Okay, it's not 3K, but I didn't have to blackmail myself to get them either. :tongue And it's double what I had yesterday.)

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score

Oh...need to start blackmailing myself. No chocolate till 3K...mmm, maybe not!

167 words tonight but really double that as I deleted quite a few paragraphs.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
1,274 tonight, which feels really good. This chapter had been kicking my arse, but I reckon I'm on top of it now. It'll all wash through in the next edit...

P.S. Iam, I'll swing by your SYW thread tomorrow if I get time. :)

franky_s

still procrastinating
Registered
Reaction score
Personal blackmail is the only way I get anything done!

I haven't being counting words the last few days but I reckon I've been writing a few hundred each day. I had an idea for a horror short story so I've been writing that up in a notepad.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay!! Met end Feb deadline early. Moving on to next part but keeping the end Feb bit in place. :)

Good luck with it everyone :)

Namatu - well done :) 70,000 is a book, for me :)

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
my teenager is being a teenager today. No words yet unless you count intergenerational communication, some quite loud. Perhaps I can get in a few words while he plays his keyboard in his room. Because I sent him there. Apparently because I 'hate him.' I'll write an argument.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
my teenager is being a teenager today. No words yet unless you count intergenerational communication, some quite loud. Perhaps I can get in a few words while he plays his keyboard in his room. Because I sent him there. Apparently because I 'hate him.' I'll write an argument.

You know what? You'll miss him when he's all grown up.

No, really. It's like giving birth.

Thank god.

:ROFL:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Did some editing on the Big Climactic Chapter tonight. In and of itself, it's not going to be too bad - I have a couple of ideas.

However, I also have two problems.

One: The person who does the most important thing in this chapter is not the person whose POV I'm using. If I write it properly, though, that's probably workable.

But.

Two: The plot changes I'm doing push my timeline back about 8 hours. This creates a big mess. I've had a few ideas, but when I write them down, they sound LAME. I expect I'll work it out, but right now my brain is mush.

Well, one step at a time. I suppose I could just leave it alone - or I could try something that wouldn't require a timeline change. Hm...

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
The plot changes I'm doing push my timeline back about 8 hours. This creates a big mess. I've had a few ideas, but when I write them down, they sound LAME. I expect I'll work it out, but right now my brain is mush.

Well, one step at a time. I suppose I could just leave it alone - or I could try something that wouldn't require a timeline change. Hm...

Give me a shout if you want help brainstorming. Gotta be more interesting than work right now... :D

No words yesterday cos I went to the cinema. I found I spent more time thinking about my story than the one on screen, though...

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Crazy day at the day job yesterday, but did manage a meager 484 words on the WIP. Of course, the 12 hour workday didn't do much for any words afterward. :( On the bright side, they have to pay me overtime! :D

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Ken - Awesome about the overtime. That's always nice. :D

lizmonster - I had a similar problem in my debut novel, Fey Touched. I needed it to be night time, but there were two timelines I was working with that complicated things. I must have changed it 5 times. In the end, I made very vague references to the time of day and hoped no one called me on it.

Osg - Yeah, that would probably happen to me, too.

Got a whopping 3,642 words last night. I was on fire. I don't even know how.

BfloGal

Lost in a plot hole
Registered
Reaction score
Website
barbearly.blogspot.com
Several days of no new words. I'm under an editing deadline (someone else's book) that I'm not sure I'm going to make. Kinda glued to the couch until I finish it.

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
372 words today.​

But I got distracted. I typed in Russian boys names and ended up clicking on Russian Blue Kittens.​

img-thing

I feel like my heart is melting. I'm not much of a cat person but they are so cute!​

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Just under two hundred words tonight, but a couple of other revisions. The last chapter is going to need some serious work, but I'm actually not hating the rest of it.

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Very nice wordage, Saoirse! :Thumbs: Actually it's more AWesome!

No words for me today, thus far. Another hectic day at the day job. On a high note, tomorrow is Friday and I have a 4 day weekend! :snoopy:

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Did some editing ... I suppose I could just leave it alone - or I could try something that wouldn't require a timeline change. Hm...

How's it looking a day later?

onesecond, congrats on those revisions.

BFlo, good luck with those edits. I think deadlines Re the editor's and writer's best friend.

IAM, celebrate the words you have. Unfortunately I have to join Ken in the no words column. i'm sick with a virus and this is the longest thing I've written all day.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
How's it looking a day later?

It's been an interesting 24 hours.

My husband, who has some electrical engineering training, blew my basic premise out of the water, then suggested ways I might tweak it to make it work. Then our very own onesecondglance helped me with some plot brainstorming. I know what I want to do now; I just have to make it plausible.

I really and truly never thought I'd have to remember how a Faraday Cage works.

So no words today - but some critical thinking, with some much-appreciated help.

Go, words!

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Hope the wrist is feeling better, Saoirse. :Hug2:

I actually got in a few words today, and the story is taking another odd twist. I have to admit, Kelli keeps me on my toes. Not a big number, but 576 for the morning, which was actually less than 45 mins of writing time. WIP is now at 54,125!

Have a long weekend, 4 days off, though Saturday and Sunday may be lost to writing. Have a new GF and need to keep her happy. ;)

ETA: On a roll today! Knocked out another 570 words in less than an hour, bringing my daily to 1146 words! WIP is now at 54,695! WOW!! :snoopy:

Last edited: