• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Linda Chester Literary Agency / Linda Chester and Associates

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Nudged Ms. Machinist a few days ago and received a response saying that she'd rejected my novel months ago, but the rejection was probably lost in the shuffle of moving agencies.

Nuwanda

Registered
Reaction score
Website
abigailftaylor.wordpress.com
Nudged Ms. Machinist a few days ago and received a response saying that she'd rejected my novel months ago, but the rejection was probably lost in the shuffle of moving agencies.

I wondered about that myself. I sent Ms. Machinist my full MS in February, shortly there after she moved. I figured with the chaos of changing agencies it would take a while for a response.

After 6months however, I sent her an email saying that I need to start looking for other representation and to let me know if she was still interested. No response and I sent an pm on her facebook to check the accuracy of her email. No response for that also. So I've finally thrown in the towel.

For anyone else who's wondering about a possibly misplaced MS, a retired Publisher told me today to send a polite email to Ms. Machinists former agency, to see if they're still sitting on it or not.

Anyway, I can't help but wonder that it's a little bit unprofessional not to send an email saying 'yes I rejected it' such as you got Thedrellum.

At this point, I'm just curious on the sudden snub. Anyone have further theories?

IsabellaCranford

Happily stuck in the 19th century
Registered
Reaction score
Response time?

I'm wondering if anyone has advice about Alexandra Machinist's response times to full manuscripts. A month? More? It seems that she requests many, so I guess that's good, though I don't want my hopes to be up too much as I also see that she rejects many. I write historical, btw. Just figured if nothing else I'd put this in for the record and let people know when I receive a response.

JohannaC

Registered
Reaction score
There has not been any recent activity as far as I can tell re agent Alexandra Machinist who is now with ICM Partners - I think they represent films, not books, but I may be wrong. Is this agency not recommended? Anyone query her lately?

JohannaC

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Alexandra Machinist with ICM on 6/25/14; rejected on 6/30/14.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

I've asked over at Preditors and Editors about the Not Recommended on this agency. No one seems to know what it's about.

My experience is that they are extremely gracious and professional. But they take no more than 2 new clients a year. Which means they passed on my project.

Laurie Fox takes no new clients at all, but scouts for Linda Chester.

Hope that helps.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

SavvyBlue

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.conclavejournal.com
Linda Chester agency

I recently parted ways with Trident and am looking at the Linda Chester agency. I'm not asking if they're "legit"--obviously they are!--but I'm wondering if anyone here has any experiences with them? Thanks

JackieMcMahonWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any recent experience with this agency? I'm thinking about querying their new agent, CoCo Freeman.