• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Chronicle Books

escritora

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted recently. If they refer me to Blurb, I'll provide an update. If I don't update this thread within the next six months, that means it was a silent rejection.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Is there anything new on Chronicle? I see from the thread that they were referring authors to a self-publisher, but that was years ago.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Is there anything new on Chronicle? I see from the thread that they were referring authors to a self-publisher, but that was years ago.

My agent, Kate Testerman, has submitted two of my manuscripts to them in the last year, and they politely passed on the first submission after about a month and a half. (We haven't heard back on the second, but it's only been a couple of weeks.) In other words, I haven't worked with them directly, but I can say that they publish one of my favorite authors, Beth Kephart. That counts for something in my book.

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
My agent, Kate Testerman, has submitted two of my manuscripts to them in the last year, and they politely passed on the first submission after about a month and a half. (We haven't heard back on the second, but it's only been a couple of weeks.) In other words, I haven't worked with them directly, but I can say that they publish one of my favorite authors, Beth Kephart. That counts for something in my book.

Hannah Moskowitz's new book is being published by Chronicle, and I'm seeing more and more of their books in book stores here. I'd be excited for my agent to submit my MS there.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
For those of you that don't have an agent, you can still submit directly, only through postal though.

writera

Writ Era
Registered
Reaction score
I've only ever heard good and legit things about Chronicle Books and they seem an odd target, especially as this thread was last active - checks - 10 years ago! They also posted a link on Crumps Barn Studio about someone else entirely, which seems like randomly picking a recent thread here to spam. But in order to dig up this thread, they had to go specifically searching for Chronicle Books. Why are they are target? Perhaps clicking the link above would shed more light but I'm fearful it's just going to be mistruths.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score