Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I recommend one heavy dose of Megamind. It's an animated movie that will wash all Despicable Me out of your brain for at least three minutes, guaranteed!

What was wrong with Despicable Me?

I liked that better than Megamind (which, mind you, was also entertaining). So did my daughter.

And DM had the Minions.

:D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Y'know, I always wondered about this - how the hell do supervillains like Blofeld manage to get more minions when someone like Bond swoops in and shoots them all? Is there a Craigslist for wannabe world rulers? A sekrit job agency somewhere?

The perks had better be good if "possible maiming / death / interrogation by hostile agencies" is in the small print...

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
"Oh yeah, totally - once I rule the world you can have total control over Hawaii..." *hand hovers over button to trap door* "You'll take the job? Glad to have you aboard. Now, could you wear this red shirt..."

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
There's a great scene in some edits of Austin Powers (it might be in the extras, depending on the version) where a nameless minions death is revealed to his fiancée. It is a bit of mood whiplash, but it works to highlight how their stories rarely get told. And there was a Simpsons episode where Homer went to work for a supervillain...

And the Hench comic, but... Yeah. Probably not the best example.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Not off-hand, but I don't look for titles by who edits them - I tend to look more for the contents. Now that you have highlighted it though...

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Y'know, I always wondered about this - how the hell do supervillains like Blofeld manage to get more minions when someone like Bond swoops in and shoots them all? Is there a Craigslist for wannabe world rulers? A sekrit job agency somewhere?

The perks had better be good if "possible maiming / death / interrogation by hostile agencies" is in the small print...

Ssshhhhh!

You'll give away the secret.

(personally, I get all my minions off eBay - they're cheaper there)

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I like Despicable Me, I do, but it gets stuck in the head so easily!

Also, the best way to get minions is to believe in them. You show a little faith in someone, they'll walk over hot coals to prove you right for it. All true evil geniuses know this, and use it to their advantage.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
SuperBowl potluck menu,

"Death" chili (habaneros, serranos, chipotles, and jalapeños with red kidney beans, tomatoes, onions, garlic and ground beef, Italian sausage, and thin-sliced sirloin)
Bacon-and green chili-wrapped Li'l Smokies
Roasted jalapeños stuffed with cream chees
Roasted jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with bacon
Roasted jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese Nd wrapped with thin-sliced sirloin
Roasted jalapeños stuffed with shrimp and cream cheese
"Death Wraps" - roasted habaneros stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon
"Coffin Nails" - roasted serranos stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped with bacon
Maybe one or two more "specialties" (I've got this idea for a tortilla-wrapped jalapeño stuffed with cream cheese and sirloin or shrimp and either deep-fried or roasted)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any horror markets that have a female editor-in-chief? My google fu is failing me.
Niteblade. I'll look for others.

Wily Writers does lots of themes, but horror is one of the bigger ones. Angel Leigh McCoy is the "lead editor".

I sometimes don't know if there are differences between the titles. :Shrug: But she seems to be the highest editor there. And she's behind Deep Cuts.

Abyss and Apex, I think.
Ideomancer, I think.

But both of those it's hard to tell. The top "publisher and editor" are women, but again, the titles can be confusing to me.

Also Shimmer.

I'll see if I can come up with any more.

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

It's the dental.

Which is a reference from somewhere, though likely a bit too narrow for anyone else here.

:D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously, dude? The Matt Helm books are...

Actually, no. I'm not gonna go on about them. Go find them. And the films. I'll let you discover them without my influence - I'm already creating lists of things others should be aware of...

:popcorn:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
The moment I realize I am in the Twilight Zone? Teaching American pop culture to an American...

:popcorn:

At least it isn't something stupidly obvious, so I don't feel quite as self-conscious, but still...

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I have not a clue about the Matt Helm books, but it kind of sounds familiar. I do know who Dean Martin is, though. :D If that counts for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.