• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Linda Chester Literary Agency / Linda Chester and Associates

Geosteph

Registered
Reaction score
She requested a partial from me at the end of November and I haven't heard back yet. Any one else getting a response from her? I'm coming up on that 3 month mark now which always makes me nervous.

mcc

Registered
Reaction score
Alexandra Machinist at Linda Chester

I submitted an e-mail query and synopsis five weeks ago to Alexandra. Within hours she requested a partial. After 4 weeks with the partial, she requested the full (that was a week ago). I also would like to know how long she takes with the full.

If I'd submitted something to her 3 months ago (re: the above writer), I would contact her about it. Sounds like a case of her losing the material or at least losing track of it.

Spring

Little Miss Sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
She requested a partial ms from me about 2 weeks ago.

I'll report back here with the timing of how this all pans out.

Good luck to those who are waiting!

mcc

Registered
Reaction score
After 4 1/2 weeks with it, Alexandra Machinist rejected my full. She just didn't love it enough.

Spring

Little Miss Sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, mcc, I'm so sorry to read that she rejected your full. :( I hope you are having better luck with other agents.

Anyone else have any news?

When Ms. Machinist requested the first 50 pages of my book, she didn't tell me that it was for her and not for Linda. I wonder who she is reading it for.

Fingers crossed for all of you who are still waiting to hear.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I queried Alexandra yesterday and within an hour she requested the partial. So I'm waiting now too.

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, congrats to all of you....she's still on my list and honestly, with all the rejections lately I'm starting to feel insecure about sending more out.

Spring

Little Miss Sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Erin!

JJPie, did you consider putting your query up in the AW area where others can critique it? Maybe that would help. Chin up!

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck, Erin!

JJPie, did you consider putting your query up in the AW area where others can critique it? Maybe that would help. Chin up!

Yeah...they tore it to shreds. With my gratitude of course. I actually queried Alexandra today and we'll see what happens.

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Erin. But considering how fast you got a response and I still haven't heard anything yet, I'm not going to hold my breath.

Spring

Little Miss Sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I heard back yesterday from the Linda Chester Agency. She liked the story but didn't love it enough. I was expecting the rejection and I am glad it finally arrived. Good luck to you all!

mcc

Registered
Reaction score
alexandra machinist

so she didn't love my book enough, and didn't love spring's book enough. it's hard not to be loved!

I have a theory that agent's give no feedback b/c they fear that if they do, we'll keep pestering them. I have never gotten feedback.

mcc

Registered
Reaction score
Another thought, do you think its possible to query Laurie Fox after having my full ms rejected by Alexandra?

Jefflrich

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Alexandra on 4/23/2009 and got a request for the first 50 pages the very next day. Still waiting to hear back on those. Seems like she's got a full boat of "waiters" with all the partials she's been requesting. Here's hoping none of us get tossed back into the sea.

Jeff

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
I queried Alexandra on 4/30, and it's only been crickets since then! Since she seems to respond pretty quick to others, must mean she's not to interested.

Geosteph

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a status query this week about a November partial request and she said she'd passed in December :( I guess I just didn't get the email. But I'm glad she at least replied and I have closure. Wishing everyone else better luck!

LittleFlowerLei

Reverse psychologist
Registered
Reaction score
About three or four week ago, I sent Alexandra the 50 pp. she requested. And, since everyone on this thread seems to know how long it takes for her to reply, I'd like to know how long it takes for her to reply back on the partial or when would be the right time for me to contact her to check up on it.

Thanks in advance

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I stilll haven't heard back on my 4/14 partial request. I'll status email on the 3 month mark. Some people nudge sooner, but with all the spring/summer conferences, etc., I give it 3 months on a partial.

LittleFlowerLei

Reverse psychologist
Registered
Reaction score
I stilll haven't heard back on my 4/14 partial request. I'll status email on the 3 month mark. Some people nudge sooner, but with all the spring/summer conferences, etc., I give it 3 months on a partial.

Ah okay. ^_^ Thanks!