• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Linda Chester Literary Agency / Linda Chester and Associates

normantown

Registered
Reaction score
Request for 50 pages: 4/28
Request for Full: 7/8

All fingers crossed.

normantown

Registered
Reaction score
I stilll haven't heard back on my 4/14 partial request. I'll status email on the 3 month mark. Some people nudge sooner, but with all the spring/summer conferences, etc., I give it 3 months on a partial.

Erin, did you hear anything?

Fitzwilliam

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe she's taken a year off to mull over her collection of MSS - an oasis in the Sahara say, somewhere she can't be reached via email ...

ChrryBlssmGrrl

Paranormal Princess
Registered
Reaction score
Queried the agency yesterday, just using the general submissions email since the website now explicitly states: "Query emails sent to personal agency addresses will not be reviewed."

I addressed my query to all the agency staff but mentioned that I thought my project might be of most interest to Alexandra. I didn't get any acknowledgment of receipt as of yet - I'm not sure if this agency does that although in my experience to date hearing that they have received your submission and will review it accordingly has usually been quite standard.

Will let you know if/when I hear anything further - although I also noticed the disclaimer on the website: 'Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming number of queries we receive, we can no longer respond to each one. We will contact you within four weeks if we are interested in your material.'

So I guess if I don't hear anything within 4 weeks I can forget about it ;)

ChrryBlssmGrrl

Paranormal Princess
Registered
Reaction score
Update:

Request for 50pp from Alexandra - only took 2 days, so maybe she's cleared a lot of queries recently. Now might be a good time to query her for anyone out there considering it....

:snoopy:

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
Update:

Request for 50pp from Alexandra - only took 2 days, so maybe she's cleared a lot of queries recently. Now might be a good time to query her for anyone out there considering it....

:snoopy:

Hi ChrryBlssmGrrl! Alexandra's sub guidelines says she wants a detailed synopsis. Did you send a chapter synopsis or standard 1-2 pager? Thanks!

ChrryBlssmGrrl

Paranormal Princess
Registered
Reaction score
I sent the agency a query letter and copied and pasted a synopsis into the body of the email. All in all I think the letter and the synopsis would have been about 2 1/2 - 3 pages.

So not a *very* detailed synopsis but something to go on I guess...

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
I queried her yesterday and got a request for 50pp today. So at least I know my pitch letter works on someone.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Good luck on your requests! I still haven't heard anything on my partial request nor my status email. If anyone hears back from her on partials/fulls, let us know here.

ETA: I just sent her another status email. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

Last edited:

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I finally heard back from her yesterday with a reject and an apology, i.e. she thought she had already emailed me in April.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I queried on August 11th, so I guess I can safely assume that's an R.

ChrryBlssmGrrl

Paranormal Princess
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Erin - it's kind of frustrating to not hear anything for so long and then just to get an R in the end. But I'm sure there's an agent and a publisher out there who will be a better fit for your project!

And good luck HappyCamper, let us know what response you get!

It's only been 8 days since I emailed Alexandra my partial and I'm already nervous that it's been too long, even though that's probably stupid of me to worry so soon:Shrug:

ladyelle

Registered
Reaction score
Im knew here and thinking it may be a good source of encouragement!!
I had a partial requested by Alexandra and so sent it off to her on July 10th. It has been 5 weeks now, and no response. I have read other posts here saying to wait till three months lapses and send an email to inquire...I was just wondering how long people who have sent partials waited to receive a rejection, or have their full MS requested?? I am wondering how patient I can be, as it is sooooo very hard to wait...constantly checking my email in the hopes of some kind of a response, be it positive or negative...

loriwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I was just wondering how long people who have sent partials waited to receive a rejection, or have their full MS requested?? I am wondering how patient I can be, as it is sooooo very hard to wait...constantly checking my email in the hopes of some kind of a response, be it positive or negative...

FWIW, I just received a short, personalized rejection from Alexandra yesterday on a requested partial I sent her on 6/10. So that was about 75 days from request to rejection.

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I was just wondering how long people who have sent partials waited to receive a rejection, or have their full MS requested?? I am wondering how patient I can be, as it is sooooo very hard to wait...constantly checking my email in the hopes of some kind of a response, be it positive or negative...

Took just over 4 months to reject my partial. I had to nudge her twice at the 3 & 4 month marks to get a response. I have to give her credit, though, her response told me why she was rejecting my book, which most agents don't do.

Last edited:

ladyelle

Registered
Reaction score
Took just over 4 months reject my partial. I had to nudge her twice at the 3 & 4 month marks to get a response. I have to give her credit, though, her response told me why she was rejecting my book, which most agents don't do.

Thanks so much for your info! I will put it from my mind for at least another two months! At least I can assume now if I do get a rejection it will be a good/informative one!

ChrryBlssmGrrl

Paranormal Princess
Registered
Reaction score
Alexandra's had my partial for 3 weeks - it's not been a long time or anything even approaching that but waiting makes me nervous!

But I will try and put it out of my head for at least another month or so. Thanks for info Erin!

Erin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Alexandra's had my partial for 3 weeks - it's not been a long time or anything even approaching that but waiting makes me nervous!

But I will try and put it out of my head for at least another month or so. Thanks for info Erin!

Good luck!!