Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
So I had a nice surprise awaiting me when I got home. 4 paperbacks of Fade to Black. In German. So very very beautifully put together, with this little wrap around flap and.... Oh and in German it is Weg In Nichts which (if google translate is correct) is Away into Nothingness, which I love

And the art...OMG..the art.

Rather than post a picture I'm going to link to the artist's website because it looks even better hi res. And he rightly won a Choice award for it (If I am googling correctly, this is an art award rather than a "cover" award) The art for the further two books is just as good, maybe better. I kinda wish I could read German...

And then...guys...guys...he's is only doing concept art for Age of Ultron! He worked on Guardians of the Galaxy! And he did my book cover!

*hyperventilates*

I may squee myself stupid.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I second that WOW! How spectacular! Though I still want to see a photo of the whole book in the finished product (I love seeing the whole piece of art, not just the cover).

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Though I still want to see a photo of the whole book in the finished product (I love seeing the whole piece of art, not just the cover).

If I could get my stupid phone to link to my stupid PC, I would show you. :) It is so good, really. (The back cover wraps around and tucks into the front, kinda like a built in bookmark.)

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Mind = blown

That cover is stunning. Congratulations!

:Jaw:

dancing-drama

Priestly Up!
Registered
Reaction score
This is absolutely stunning! I love it! Man, I can't wait to see it arrive in stores around here :) Yay Flibble!!!

Little German lesson: The fact that "Weg" is capitalized turns it from 'away' to 'way/path'. And "ins" means "into the", the s at the end signalizing a definite object to follow. So it's technically called "Path into the Nothingness" or "Way into the Nothingness" ;)

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
If I could get my stupid phone to link to my stupid PC, I would show you. :) It is so good, really. (The back cover wraps around and tucks into the front, kinda like a built in bookmark.)

You're torturing me here now!! Just email the picture to yourself then darn it!! :)

Altiv

Chasing the dragon...
Registered
Reaction score
Wow that's awesome! And the cover it's so pretty!
Congratulations!

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooohhhh prettyyyyy. *licks it*

slashedkaze

Smutter
Registered
Reaction score
This is absolutely stunning! I love it! Man, I can't wait to see it arrive in stores around here :) Yay Flibble!!!

Little German lesson: The fact that "Weg" is capitalized turns it from 'away' to 'way/path'. And "ins" means "into the", the s at the end signalizing a definite object to follow. So it's technically called "Path into the Nothingness" or "Way into the Nothingness" ;)

Actually, since it's a title where both 'away' and 'way' would be capitalized, it can mean both depending on how you choose to interpret it. Though I do think my first thought would be 'Way' too.
And I agree that is an absolutely stunnig cover! Congrats!

ETA: The described wrap-around is a common thing for books around here. Though more common for hard covers rather than paperbacks, so it does seem your publisher went the extra mile to make the book seem high-quality. :)

Last edited:

Mr Flibble

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
You're torturing me here now!! Just email the picture to yourself then darn it!! :)

I tried. All the piccies looked crap. Not doing it justice.
ETA: The described wrap-around is a common thing for books around here. Though more common for hard covers rather than paperbacks, so it does seem your publisher went the extra mile to make the book seem high-quality. :)

This is always good to know! (as is what the title means)

Cheers guys xxx

PS I have a couple of spare copies in German...

KateH

[insert witty title here]
Registered
Reaction score
That is gorgeous cover art! I'd also love to see a picture of the actual cover if you can get one :)

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Is this spectacular? Yes, it is, it really really is.

CGs!

Status
Not open for further replies.