Nerdy Freelancers Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thenerdybomb

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! My name is Jeremy and I work for a new and upcoming website called thenerdybomb.com and we are looking to add some talented new writers to our team.

What sets us apart is we are family friendly (which means no swearing, political, or religious views allowed in our writing), we have a strong focus on independently created content, and we believe that nerd shouldn't be a limiting term. If you are passionate about something nerdy, we would love to hear your views on it including but not limited to

TV Shows
Comics
Movies
Games
Anime
Conventions
DIY Projects
Opinion Pieces
Toys
Apps
Books

We don't offer compensation at the moment, but in exchange for your nerdy brain power you will be published on a website (cool!) and have the potential opportunity to see movies at early screening, get free merch to review, and even possibly attend conventions. (I was lucky enough to go to the Toronto Fan Expo this year and had an amazing time). We're also planning some cool events for the coming year like a nerdy short fiction contest for kids 6-18.

If you are interested, email the owner Jeremy at [email protected] for more information.

P.S. Awesome forum guys, I can't wait to be a part of the community here. Hope this is posted in the right place. Thanks!

WriteRex

Registered
Reaction score
It seems to me that the website is more or less geared towards popular culture stuff than typical nerdy activities, like mathematics, science, computer technology, and chess.

Rina Evans

Registered
Reaction score
It seems to me that the website is more or less geared towards popular culture stuff than typical nerdy activities, like mathematics, science, computer technology, and chess.

So, more like geeky, then?
Ah, the geek vs nerd definition debate.

WriteRex

Registered
Reaction score
So, more like geeky, then?
Ah, the geek vs nerd definition debate.

The definitions for 'geek' and 'nerd' are arguable and subjective. Some people classify 'geeks' and 'nerds' as the same type of socially inept people who are interested in esoteric academic pursuits. Some people draw a distinction between 'geeks' and 'nerds', and say that 'geeks' are amateur experts in whatever field and take their field very seriously while 'nerds' may be the subcategory of 'geeks' that are interested in esoteric academic subjects and are very socially inept by nature. Popular culture things do not seem to be the "esoteric academic subjects" that I have in mind, unless only subjects within the humanities are expanded and emphasized. Ironically, P.E. (Physical Education) is widely considered an academic subject, even though highly athletic people are probably called 'jocks'. In sports, social communication is important, so I can see why 'jocks' are perceived to be outgoing and socially likable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.