Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybritches

late to the party
Registered
Reaction score
You have no reason to hide, Parumpdragon. The blurbs, trailers, and covers were well done, and hopefully getting featured like this will get you some new readers.

I'd never seen your youtube author introduction before. I liked it. The thought of doing that kind of stuff scares the bejeebers out of me, but you made it look easy.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome! I commented on both blogs. Yay for you!

Thanks!

Yeah, the ladies surprised me yesterday with 2 emails saying they wanted to put it up.

Very cool, but still a little flabbergasted. :)

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Yay, parump. Your books are getting some attention (as they should. Those are some great covers, premises, blurbs, etc...)

Publishing is scary. I never realized how exposed I would feel after years of writing in obscurity, and I am still in relative obscurity. Imagine how the breakout authors feel.

I may fantasize about how they feel a little too often. LOL.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Yay, parump. Your books are getting some attention (as they should. Those are some great covers, premises, blurbs, etc...)

Publishing is scary. I never realized how exposed I would feel after years of writing in obscurity, and I am still in relative obscurity. Imagine how the breakout authors feel.

I may fantasize about how they feel a little too often. LOL.

Aw thanks ;)

yeah, I don't think I'd want all that break-out publicity. :/

nightowling

Maybe it was Utah.
Registered
Reaction score
I watch Nashville as well :) I'm a big fan of Connie Britton, loved her since Friday Night Lights.

So get this. The place I live has now declared that any mixed marriages that have taken place after January 2010 have to be approved.

From the article:

“The number of such marriages has reached high figures in recent years and there is a need to address the increasingly worrying issue of Kuwaiti women not getting married. The decision is also driven by security concerns amid worries that some of the marriages were based on common interests and not on forming families,” the sources said.

Not sure what this will mean for me and hubby, but he's trying to look into it.

I hope everything will be ok for you and your husband, Kewii.

Congrats on the blog features, parumpdragon!

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
Kewii, who has to approve the marriages? That sounds so strange, particularly the worry that marriages could be based on common interests rather than forming families. Having common interests seems a natural part of the attraction.

Are you a native to Kuwait? Is your hubby?

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
So get this. The place I live has now declared that any mixed marriages that have taken place after January 2010 have to be approved.

From the article:

“The number of such marriages has reached high figures in recent years and there is a need to address the increasingly worrying issue of Kuwaiti women not getting married. The decision is also driven by security concerns amid worries that some of the marriages were based on common interests and not on forming families,” the sources said.

Not sure what this will mean for me and hubby, but he's trying to look into it.

Why does this make me so very sad? :(:(:(

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Kewii, who has to approve the marriages? That sounds so strange, particularly the worry that marriages could be based on common interests rather than forming families. Having common interests seems a natural part of the attraction.

Are you a native to Kuwait? Is your hubby?

The government has formed a committee and all mixed marriages will have to be approved by them. I'm not quite sure who is on the committee, but we're trying to find out now.

My husband is Kuwaiti, which is why we're worried. We need our marriage to be recognized here and are going through that process right now. He's waiting to hear back from his company about what we need to do. But it sounds like we'll have to hire a lawyer.

I completely agree with how ridiculous this is. I can't imagine this happening anywhere else in the world without huge backlash. Even here there's some backlash, but they're keeping the new law kind of hush hush.

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Kewii! I can't believe crap like that's still going on these days! Good luck to you and your husband. Fight the ignorance!

Parump! Magic and Menu's cover is a beaut. Good luck and congrats.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Kewii,I am sending positive vibes to you and hubby. That is absolutely insane.

Parump,those covers are PURTY!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, my cover artist did a great job interpreting/portraying the stories. She is a master ;)

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
((Kewii))

Hey guys - sorry I haven't been around. Been seeing a lot of friends, baking cookies with them, and revising. LOL revising.... It never ends! ;) I'm suspecting though that this is my last pass, so *cross fingers*

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, today I am definitely working on TM. My goal is to finish these revisions tomorrow.

I am not allowed to do the voice-game-fanfic-reading thing I've been doing. But I am also distracted by Amazon today, thanks to money I got for things I had to return for Christmas (duplicates).

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:I hope it all turns out ok, Kewii!

Status
Not open for further replies.