Taco Soup

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
So I made a crockpot full of Taco Soup, and my roommate liked it so much that he picked up some oven pads, and carried the whole thing into his room to eat, mentioning something about how I was the King of the Crockpot on his way out.

I wish I was kidding!

I don't cook very often, so that was some pretty high praise. Especially considering that it was just a simple thing -- brown some hamburger with taco seasoning, toss a few cans of different kinds of beans, some corn, and some diced tomatoes into the crockpot. One of those "it's been three weeks since we've been shopping, so I'm just gonna toss what we have into one big heap" kind of recipes :D

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
Loooove taco soup! I throw a dollop of sour cream and salsa in there too, sprinkle some cheese on top, then eat it with those bowl-shaped tortilla chips. It's a big hit every time. :)

Fictional Cowboy

Life is short. Live with purpose.
Registered
Reaction score
Crockpots are glorious things! And tacos? Tacos are never the wrong answer. Tacos and loaded nachos. :::swoon::: It's funny, I don't really eat very much at all. I can eat half a sandwich and be satisfied. But, when I make tacos, I could eat a dozen of them.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
I can't believe I've never heard of this!! Sounds delicious. So how long can you let this cook? Could I leave it on low all day or is it one of those 4-6 hr recipes?

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Leftover fajitas also make for an awesome soup. Drop the meat and peppers and onions filling stuff into the food processor with some broth (or water +salt+seasonings) and whiz up to your preferred texture. Bring to a boil, add beans. Top with cheese etc.