Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Lisa, did you see that there's an anti-Valentine's day short story contest on AW right now. You might think about writing a little thing for it, that you could use for your novel or as inspiration or just to get in the mood.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Probably under the new contests subforum. I found it under New Posts yesterday

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Random question: How do you guys deal with writing embarrassing or possibly compromising scenes in public...?

Are you asking how you deal about writing embarrassing scenes that take place in public or you being in public while writing an embarrassing scene? That's part of why I write at home. I've tried writing at work over my lunch hour, but really, I'm too self conscious to get much done.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm almost onto a sex scene. I'm hoping to get back into the writing tomorrow, but I'm at uni for most of the afternoon and early evening...

Last edited:

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
So, um, hi. I'm Lhipenwhe, and I might've posted something in a previous OPWFT thread. I've decided to try to get back to writing YA, and I (hope) I'm making good progress with it. It's a non-high fantasy, with some horror elements. Right now, though, I'm looking for a writing buddy, for feedback and help with my narrative voice.

Just an FYI y'all, his WIP is amazing (as is he) :)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Gah, trying to find songs for #TVDSG is HARD. It's not anti romance, just anti-Valentine's Day (i.e. modern "customs") but the songs I find via Google are all anti love or break up songs.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
So, um, hi. I'm Lhipenwhe, and I might've posted something in a previous OPWFT thread. I've decided to try to get back to writing YA, and I (hope) I'm making good progress with it. It's a non-high fantasy, with some horror elements. Right now, though, I'm looking for a writing buddy, for feedback and help with my narrative voice.

Yay for horror! I can't write it, but I love it.

Welcome!

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
How long is it Lisa?

I've just been told that for the PD Day I'm at I'm basically doing nothing. I have some free time :)

Edit: Oops. Thought you were on at the same time as me, Lisa. I'm gone all weekend, but if you still need someone come Sunday (or Saturday night your time), I'm happy to do it. I only teach two classes that day anyway :)

In better news, I managed to plug through my plot that I was struggling with and thought about putting to the side. The characters still need more development...and actual names, but I'm glad it's done and I feel like I can go on to revising Talented without worrying about the new project.

Last edited:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys - got some of my edits back. Everything looks good - yippee!!!

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
John Green is answering questions on GoodReads. I spent a chunk of my morning reading his responses. Dang, that guy is smart, philosophical and humble about it.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys!

Today's writing update:

I started a query letter for the "not falling in love pact" idea I talked about the other day.

I've pretty much decided that TVDSG is going to be written in a notebook. I was hoping to get one today, but they were too expensive, so I think I might do the playlist first.

I'm starting to lose confidence when it comes to Paragon Academy. The fact that it's coursework as well is not helping. At all.

Bing Z

illiterate primate
Registered
Reaction score
Le Dude de Kansas: Yeah, that's still spam, but obviously good spam, as I've made my free purchase and am waiting for fat-free ham to be delivered to my plate...damn phone. Many thanks.

La Lisa de lulu: Are you still looking for beta/gamma? What's it about?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's a short story based around the lyrics of the song IF WE EVER MEET AGAIN.

Lhipenwhe

Moving with my soul, step by step
Registered
Reaction score
Not too much news today. Stressing out over school, and worrying about going over my projected word count for my WIP. It's just a little bit now, but I don't want to take any chances. Tighter outlining might be the answer, but my chapters have a way of gaining words as I write. >.<

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Don't disappear until you hear back, Smiley! My last R&R waited a year to respond to me (I have high hopes this will be faster)

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Do anyone of you have last.fm? I have a problem with mine.

Sage, did you see my tweet/last post about the anti-love pact novel (I need a better code name! LOL)?

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
Not too much news today. Stressing out over school, and worrying about going over my projected word count for my WIP. It's just a little bit now, but I don't want to take any chances. Tighter outlining might be the answer, but my chapters have a way of gaining words as I write. >.<

What are you at total for this WIP, Ben? What is the goal word count you're trying to stick to?

Status
Not open for further replies.