Camp AprilNaNoWriMo

NonieMaus

Un Petit Chou
Registered
Reaction score
I looked you up. Your story sounds cool! And ambitious indeed. Good luck! I'm only aiming for half your word count. I'm working on the novel in my signature, and I actually started yesterday at a write-in at a friend's place. Get the slow and difficult beginning out of the way so I can dive into the more detailed events for camp. The whole story's outlined, but I'm only planning on getting it half-done over April. I've allowed myself until the end of May to finish. So we shall see how April goes. :)

Best of luck to you!

dibbiluncan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
libbiduncan.blogspot.com
Day 2, Woohoo!

Hey fellow campers! I just finished writing for day two. I always write at night. I'm at 5362 words so far, but I'm rewriting so it should go a little faster. I hope to finish during camp, do more editing during May, and start querying in June.

I am new to this forum, so I missed out on getting in a cabin with y'all. I seem to have a pretty good group in the random cabin I was assigned, but if it's still possible to switch, I'd love to group up with someone here! I'm not sure if there are any spots open. Maybe I'll PM someone about it tomorrow.

For now, goodnight! Don't let the bed-bugs bite!

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I am new to this forum, so I missed out on getting in a cabin with y'all. I seem to have a pretty good group in the random cabin I was assigned, but if it's still possible to switch, I'd love to group up with someone here! I'm not sure if there are any spots open. Maybe I'll PM someone about it tomorrow.

Welcome! There is room in both cabins, and since the other cabin has finally evened up with ours, why don't you join us? We have superior s'mores and lots of banter :D

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Hey dibbiluncan! Like Coffeebeans said, both cabins still have space if you'd like to hop over to one of them. We may not have Coffee's incredible s'mores, but we do have interesting discussion of the effects of pasta meeting antipasta and superior wordcountage. :tongue

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
*raises hand* CabinLords, this crazy noob has a question - what exactly is CampNanowrimo?

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
It's a miniature, mid-year NaNoWriMo in April and July, basically. Instead of a set limit at 50,000 like NaNo in November, you can choose your own limit (many of us are 30,000). You're given a small group of people to write with (your cabin, which can be randomly assigned or made with friends you invite) and have access to a private chat. It's much more casual than the November NaNo and great for if you need the motivation to write.

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
That sounds really cool, and possibly really what I need right now to get me cracking on my latest WIP. I might assign myself a goal of 20,000. Since I started working full time, it's hard to get the time to really write :S

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Go for it! We've got space in our cabins, so if you do, rep or PM CoffeeBeans or Lillith1991 your username once you've set-up your novel and they'll add you to their cabin. :)

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Yay, I joined. Does anyone want me in their cabin? :S

Preferably a cabin with lots of Fantasy writers!

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a rep comment through :) This sounds fun, and I really do need motivation. I finished Unicorn Tracks in late January. I wrote a short erotica novella in February, but nothing in March and I really want to get going on The Tiger's Watch.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I enjoy "CabinLord" as a title... :D

Yay people. Yes, please do join us. We're having a lot of fun in our cabin, and I'm sure Lillith's is as well.

I am at work, and cannot wait to get back to writing this afternoon. I left off with my MC refusing to help the antagonist. So much fun and tension.

ETA -- invite sent!

Last edited:

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
I joined as 'JuliaEmber12' since someone already stole my pen name as a user name. A plague upon them!

Send an invite and I'll join when I get home from work :D

IdrisG

the wicked wit of the west
Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing this, but I've already got a cabin. Just thought I'd check in. I might swap cabins if things don't pick up, though. I really want the active cabin experience this time. (I should probably start writing now. :/)

Last edited:

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
I received an invite from NYKitty? Is that this group?

*does not understand new technology*

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome :D I've written exactly 256 words out of my 20,000 word goal for the month. Better get moving. I think my CabinLord better break out the whip.

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Once we get Snowflake in, we'll be at 8 folks in our s'mores-winning cabin. :D

I didn't get an invite? Did I do something wrong? *checks settings*
Also can you believe the flu struck me down on the 1st of April :(

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I didn't get an invite? Did I do something wrong? *checks settings*
Also can you believe the flu struck me down on the 1st of April :(

Oh I'm so sorry about that, Snowflake. Get well soon :(

You hadn't created a novel yet, so Lil couldn't invite you. Looks like you have one now, so I'll let her know you can get an invitation now. :)

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
How's everybody getting on? I'm well-chuffed that I wrote 2,500 words tonight! :D

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
I've got 2+ plus again. I'm really happy with where this is heading, even if I feel like there was a lot of talking today.

Another big chunk of MC & antihero. Seriously in love with their dynamic. It's so delightfully messed up. I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow. I'd write another...

Oh well, time for s'mores!

Maggie Maxwell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Sent! Sorry it took a while, I've been watching my nephew Spock today.

Spock day is a good day. :)

Can't wait to hear about tonight's s'mores experiments, CB!

Slow but steady here. I'm keeping pace with my daily goals (a bit over 2k total). So much happier with my new opening. My MC's more likable (I think) while still maintaining the kind of personality I want her to start with.